No Smart Phone!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think for a cheaper price he’ll de-google your phone if it’s one that can be de-googled??

in Christ, Not me
I saw that, but you've got to buy that phone too. The good thing is you can shop used and maybe get a deal.

Much love!

Reactions: Not me

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you post on this site then most likely the government monitors your activity regardless if you have a smart phone or not. I just assume someone is watching me all the time. We gave up privacy with these cell phones/internet. It’s a thing of the past. I don’t like it but at the same time I don’t care. If someone is watching me thinking I’m a bad guy they are going to be very bored and disappointed. Plus I love the GPS map programs for hunting. In Christ we have nothing to fear.

I think it's really about personal choice, and the leading of the Holy Spirit. For all I know God means to keep me hidden, then use me after things get really bad to be His preacher. I don't know His plans for me, only that He is always preparing me for what is next.

Yes, I know this site is cached and screened, and perhaps I've landed on some microchip radar somewhere. I think God means for me to participate here, and I will do so with all my heart, uncaring over the exposure. It means nothing to me. In other areas, my wife and I have been able to maintain much greater privacy than most people who participate in society.

Much love!

Reactions: Mantis

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, here's the real thing:

Ephesians 2:2 KJV
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

There is a power of the air, which is the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience. That power of the air has a prince, an angelic ruler, ruling over that power, this spirit that is manipulating Americans, Chinese, Bolivians, everyone who does not have the Holy Spirit.

Much love!
Its exactly what is going on in this world . So cause everyone to unite as one under the beast .
It uses fear , its uses lusts of this life and promises of false peace . It uses nations , it uses men , cities , its all over the place .
Spiritual darkness has engulfed even most of christendom .
Let us stay planted in our bibles and heed the Spirit and not the flesh .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its exactly what is going on in this world . So cause everyone to unite as one under the beast .
It uses fear , its uses lusts of this life and promises of false peace . It uses nations , it uses men , cities , its all over the place .

I take, oh Cross, thy shadow, for my abiding place.
I ask no other sunshine than the sunshine of His face!
Content to let the world go by, to know no gain nor loss,
My sinful self my only shame, my glory all the cross!

~ Beneath the Cross of Jesus

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So . . . you equate this with "hiding my light"? OK. How exactly?

Much love!

If you believe that my global comments were directly aimed at you, then that is your problem and not mine. So please do not accuse me of accusing you of any "sins" as I do not have any power over your thinking. That is all up to you.

My understanding of USA citizens is that they tend to look for outside issues on which they can blame their particular circumstances upon, rather than own up to their primary sin of acting God like.

Now, if the shoe fits then wear it. If it does not fit, then put it back, for someone else to covet.

Shalom

Reactions: busrider

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I am hearing is that the dung heap is a calling us.
My suggestion is that if one is feeling called to the dung heap, one should resist such thoughts, as coming from the flesh, and not go.

Much love!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My suggestion is that if one is feeling called to the dung heap, one should resist such thoughts, as coming from the flesh, and not go.

Much love!

Actually it is a reference to Matthew 5:13, Mark 9:50, Luke 14:34-35 where the the consequences of losing ones favour is catastrophically rejected and not even fit for the dung heap.

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please check my next post . . .

Much love!

Hey marks,

I may have misrepresented my opinion, I know there is a way to tackle this issue without being fearful. However, as the user Mantis posted in this thread, I believe we gave up privacy a long time ago just with the advent of the internet. I agree with him, I just assume I'm always being watched, I truly believe this to be the state of society. The only way to not fall victim is to avoid the internet and technology completely, perhaps go the way of the Amish(?), and even then I suspect you still may not be in the clear. Unfortunately, I am of the opinion there may not be a way out of this mess....

At the end of the day, man is gonna do what man is gonna do! I am not against what you are trying to accomplish, I just think it may ultimately be in vain, just my opinion. I may be wrong though, I do not want to completely dissuade you, but no matter what this technology and the people who utilize it do, let us thank God for these challenges He places in front of us and be grateful knowing He never gives us more than we can handle.

Reactions: marks

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Marching onwards in the Lord. The end days are here.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sound it out sister . They are indeed . They thought lott was nuts and noah too , yet the end still came .
For your Lord does appear in an hour ye think not . And this world and most churches , THINK NOT HIS COMING IS NIGH .
That alone outta tell us something . OH ITS nigh to come all right . Nigh to come .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many houses are about to be so called broken into . Many are not watching , not ready , and thus they gonna find themselves
under wrath on that day . Not a place any soul wants to be .
Wordly cares , for so is his name , has many held captive . And HE is a robber of life eternal .
A word to anyone who has ears . WHEN THE DOOR on the ark shut , was another ark later sent to save some .
WHEN lott and his family left sodom , the fire from heaven began , was there another group that suddenly later was told , OKAY HURRY and get out
and ye too shall be saved . THE ANSWER IS , NO . AND THUS there is no second saving folks .
EITHER WE ARE HIS NOW , OR WAIL LATER . And that is a fact .

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post said:
The laws that give the NSA the green light to track anyone and record all phone calls and messages are in the Patriot Act. Which was 100% 'conservative-right' policy under Bush/Cheney.

Don't kid yourself thinking the R party is any less evil than the D - the only difference is that they deceive Christians to buy their votes and loyalty, and the D doesn't bother.

Well, well, well. Old 'Post-Human'.

The haunting presence of all Christian Forums. Notoriously towing the Gov't party line and endlessly distracting, dissuading, dis-informing and deceiving. All under the guise of an actual christian.

Your slip is showing, Post. Your wolfy undergarments are exposed ... once again!

The Lord rebuke thee!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's NOT about fear, please!!

Can't I make a choice based on reason and not emotion??

Do you know that you choose how you feel by choosing how to think? It's true. Trusting Jesus brings Joy and Peace. Every Time! And you can STILL go on to want a dumb phone to avoid being scooped up in the purges. There is plenty of time to be persecuted and martyred, I'd like to bear more fruit as long as I can.

I want to live as long as I can. I want to retain freedom as long as I can. I want the Lord to come, but I cherish still the delay. We work during the day. The night is coming in which no man can work. We have ONE opportunity in this world to grow and gain and produce whatever it is we will produce.

I feel like I've wasted a significant portion of my life. I want to redeem the time, as much of it as I can.

Much love!

Dead on, Marks!

Don't waste your time quibbling with those who only intend to obfuscate the purposes of your thread. You are right and your Holy discernment tells you as much.

God bless.

Aldebaran

Aug 7, 2021
Altoona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ATT sent me a letter that they are going to end my 3g service, and will send me the phone they want me to use.

Does anyone know of a cell phone provider who offers old style phone service, without apps and all that?

Much love!

You mean a "flip phone"? AT&T has that. I have AT&T too, and I got the same notice about ending 3G service. They replaced my phone with another smartphone, but that's what I chose. I asked them if they had a flip phone available because that's what my Dad still uses and he doesn't want to have a smartphone. They said they have the Alcatel Smart Flip. That sounds like what you might want to choose. They'll send it to you for free to replace what you have.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean a "flip phone"? AT&T has that. I have AT&T too, and I got the same notice about ending 3G service. They replaced my phone with another smartphone, but that's what I chose. I asked them if they had a flip phone available because that's what my Dad still uses and he doesn't want to have a smartphone. They said they have the Alcatel Smart Flip. That sounds like what you might want to choose. They'll send it to you for free to replace what you have.
I've received the new one. Mine's not the alcatel, but it's almost identical. It seems about as dumb as they are going to get, but we're also thinking about a "de-googled" phone.

Much love!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there are hundreds of millions of people in this country with cell phones, marks. billions across the world. no one is sitting around watching all of them out to get you. that would take hundreds of millions of people 24/7 watching everyone's boring lives.
On the contrary, it is all done with supercomputers and it is no problem at all for every single person with a cell phone on the earth to be tracked, recorded and filed in a database that can be accessed very easily at any time in the future for any purpose. (not often moral)

A name, or identifying number, can be entered, as well as a date, and every single bit of information about that person can be accessed, and all activities within sight of overhead cameras, some equipped with hubble-like zoom technology, can be viewed for that date by any with the security access to do so. And not all of those with that access are even technically military or government employees. For some, it's just a matter of money.

Also most private security cameras, if they have any manner of online capability, are being hijacked 24/7 by these super high tech computer systems to deliver their feed to a database that is included in these records.

So absolutely anybody and everybody, at all times, is being monitored and recorded - and it is much easier to identify, and cross-reference data for, each individual IF they have a smart phone present on their person or in their vehicle.

Snowden was concerned enough about this type of surveillance to throw away his career with the CIA and go into permanent hiding and become a fugitive to the U.S. to let the public know the lengths their government was going to in order to surveil their own people.

do you have things to hide?
YES. I do.

As well do ALL well-meaning citizens of this WORLD who intend to hide and protect their personal PRIVACY from those with too much power who rarely mean well or ever use it for the good of the people.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
supercomputers

At my job I routinely deal with datasets of hundreds of millions of individual observations. Some days, billions.
I use a pretty powerful parallel processing computer network.
Do you think I look at every single point?

That's my point.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every hidden thing will be laid bare

Especially with invasive surveillance technology that works in concert with cell phone data.

At my job I routinely deal with datasets of hundreds of millions of individual observations. Some days, billions.
I use a pretty powerful parallel processing computer network.
Do you think I look at every single point?

That's my point.

My point is that it IS easily possible to though via current technology. Your claim was that it was NOT possible and that it'd take a single person observing each individual citizen 24/7, etc. like something out of the 1950's. Clearly you know that is not true.

And if all that you state there is true, then you are well aware that possessing a smart phone makes the observations/data pertaining to the OP much easier to track.