Non-Christian friends

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alpha and Omega

May 11, 2008
Does anyone have non-Christian friends?It seems that these are the only friends that I have. I don't go and fellowship with anyone. Primarily because I am not the type of person to just go to any Christian church and meet new people. Maybe its a trust thing I am not too sure. But I was just wondering if anyone else has some non-Christian friends that they speak to or go out with on a regular basis.

Mariner85

Jan 2, 2009
Most of my friends are either Orthodox Christians like myself, or Catholic. I might be blasted for saying this, but I will not judge any other religion based off of my own. I will make friends with anyone of any faith without giving it a second thought.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Mariner85;67131)
Most of my friends are either Orthodox Christians like myself, or Catholic. I might be blasted for saying this, but I will not judge any other religion based off of my own. I will make friends with anyone of any faith without giving it a second thought.
You mean banned? There is a difference between...Matthew 7:1 - Judge not, that ye be not judged.andJohn 7:24 - Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.God's Words is like parenting, in every way possible.(Alpha and Omega;67129)
Does anyone have non-Christian friends?It seems that these are the only friends that I have. I don't go and fellowship with anyone. Primarily because I am not the type of person to just go to any Christian church and meet new people. Maybe its a trust thing I am not too sure. But I was just wondering if anyone else has some non-Christian friends that they speak to or go out with on a regular basis.
I'm in the same group as you Alpha. I only fellowship here.

Mariner85

Jan 2, 2009
I did not mean banned. I meant blasted, as in chastised for accepting all faiths as real and seeking good. (Another site I was on seemed to have a lot people saying that Catholicism was the only one truth).

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Mariner85;67133)
I did not mean banned. I meant blasted, as in chastised for accepting all faiths as real and seeking good. (Another site I was on seemed to have a lot people saying that Catholicism was the only one truth).
Well, I have no need to chastise people, but I will give out warning to people, because I care about everyone. While I'm not perfect, but I must warn.II Corinthians 11:4 - For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.I John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. (Also Matthew 7:15-20)But it is YOUR free will where you want to go and be.

Mariner85

Jan 2, 2009
I apologize if I came across the wrong way there, looking back I might have come across slightly rude.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Mariner85;67136)
I apologize if I came across the wrong way there, looking back I might have come across slightly rude.
I'm fine Mariner85. I just didn't really understand what you meant by blasted. I thought it was referring to some type of banned...Apology accepted though.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(Alpha and Omega;67129)
Nothing wrong with unchristian friends, as long as there is a mutual understanding of each side and their beliefs/practices. I know that the bible is often quoted about being unequally yoked, but that has to do with mixing the philosophy of an unbeliever with a believer's.This has nothing to do with going out to lunch, having a good time or even drinking a beer together. However, be conscious of the fact that since the bible warns about being unequally yoked, that since they do not understand things of the Spirit that there is only a limited degree of depth that such a friendship will go. A fellow Christian will be more of a soul-mate type friend.I would think that Jesus would be the first to encourage His brethren to befriend an unbeliever. If nothing else, you will show them light, and in some cases, may even win them to Christ.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Gods Word knows no religion other than Jesus Christ he is for all mankind I have many friends that are of Non Religious and many religious friends fortunately we are judged by our hearts. My Non religious friends are good and faithful friends, honest upright people. If one has a good and faithful heart ..follows the ten commandments in life even if they dont know they are commandments, and believes there is a God even if they don't practice a religion talk about it or study the Word. I see nothing wrong with being friends with them I agree with Tim I think God would want us too The best seeds are planted by example. Be sure to set a good example By the way these people will be taught in the millenium.