non denominational

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Non denominational people many have a lot to say about people belonging to denominations .i wonder how many have taken the time to read what some denomination say about their beliefs or lack of having them.at this site type in ---------non denominationalhttp://www.wels.net/cgi-bin/site.pl?61

Goli

Feb 20, 2008
Hmm its hard to say , some denominations have creeds and statements of faith but others are very autonomous and dont think creedes are so important. You almost have to be a historian to get a grasp on what ppl in different denominations actually believe ... someone will write a book n it one day lol

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
"nondenominational" rejects all man-made doctrines and strives to follow only what the Bible teaches."breaking away from the spirit of denominationalism," i.e. freeing themselves from categories and divisions.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
(Two;37489)
And what exactly do we believe? Link brings up nothing about it.
did you type in- non-denominationaland submit it.?

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(Two;37491)
"nondenominational" rejects all man-made doctrines and strives to follow only what the Bible teaches."breaking away from the spirit of denominationalism," i.e. freeing themselves from categories and divisions.
That is a good explanation of non-denominational. It is a good place to be..........Whirlwind

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(whirlwind;37495)
That is a good explanation of non-denominational. It is a good place to be..........Whirlwind
Thank You but those are quotes from websites that I lost the link to or I would have posted the link.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
(Two;37491)
now if you would be so kind to tell us exactly every thing the bible teaches is .we could then say oh thats what NON denominational people believe . please begin now. and do not use any terms or phrases creeds etc first used by denominations please. as that would be cheating.In a year or so we can look again to see how your doing.the bible is a big book full of teachings.using creeds or phrases first used by denomination would have sure helped you out .

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
I do not have to explain non denominational to you or break it down for you either. You want explanations research it yourself. I am not going to defend my faith for the sake of someone trying to exploit it to prove it wrong. Have a nice night.............

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
i asked what it was you believed.I knew ahead of time you couldnt answer it.saying ones beliefs are the bible teachings .that sounds really fine . But any christian religion could say that .but when one asks what are these bible beliefs of yours ?some MUST react as you do BECAUSE there now caught.exposed for what they are .they have no origina! purly a non denominational way to do it. they must also realy on those who went before them who came from denomination'sor started them.Even to say Jesus he is my personal savior. has already been expressed many times by some one of a denomination.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
I chose to be non-denominational. The rest of my family is baptist. I chose to be non-denominational because denominations along with teaching the bible, have their own traditions and rituals that they do. Some obviously more than others. All I want to learn about is the bible, I don't care to know about what the founder of a denomination thought should also be taught in they're church. I don't claim to know all of the bible, far from it. But it is all I want to learn from, leave the man-made rituals out, please!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
the bible teach's us also to remember the former things those who brought the word of God to us.has your non denominational church taught you that verse?and if not why not?do you think because a person is dead he can no longer pastor us through what he has said?when your older and your parents die .do you think that because there dead they can no longer parent youthrough what they have said?what about when your a parent and you die do you think what you told your kids will be worthless to?

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Denominations are just splitting us all up in my opinion,Why can we not just agree that God is our God?

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
Look all I am saying is when I go to church all we do is read in the bible and discuss it, we don't have any traditions or rituals that are just of our denomination (or lack there-of). If its not in the bible then we don't teach it or practice it.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
(Dukester;37524)
Denominations are just splitting us all up in my opinion,Why can we not just agree that God is our God?
denominations don't do the splitting Gods word does .take the episcopal church that has recently split apart because some choose to believe Gods word that homosexuality is a sin.if they all just agreed to disagree they could continue as one big happy family.but some in the episcopal church took Jesus words as he meant them .if You Love me! you will follow my teaching's! John 14:23

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
(followerofchrist;37526)
Look all I am saying is when I go to church all we do is read in the bible and discuss it, we don't have any traditions or rituals that are just of our denomination (or lack there-of). If its not in the bible then we don't teach it or practice it.
believe it or not you do.is it the tradition in your church to read the bible first and then discuss what was read.or is a tradition in your church to discuss what was read in the bible the sunday before?Is it a tradition in your church to sit or stand while the bible is being read?is it a tradition in your church for the pastor to read what will be discussed or a laymen to read what will be discussed ?Is it a tradition in your church to have a pot luck after the discussion?is it a tradition in your church to have while the discussion is taking place to have children at that time have sunday school?is it a tradition in your church to sing hymns at some time on sunday?is it a tradition in your church for the pastor to wear vestments or just regular clothes ?one could go on and on.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(horsecamp;37534)
believe it or not you do.is it the tradition in your church to read the bible first and then discuss what was read.or is a tradition in your church to discuss what was read in the bible the sunday before?Is it a tradition in your church to sit or stand while the bible is being read?is it a tradition in your church for the pastor to read what will be discussed or a laymen to read what will be discussed ?Is it a tradition in your church to have a pot luck after the discussion?is it a tradition in your church to have while the discussion is taking place to have children at that time have sunday school?
...well I was actually referring to religious rituals. But if you want to call the preference towards sitting to standing a denomination than I won't insult christ church of sitters. In our church some people sit, some kneel by their chairs, some stand, we have a little of all. We usually talk about what we are reading that day. I'm not exactly sure what a pot luck is but it sounds like something with lepracons, lucky pot and the end of the rainbow maybe? And we have a sunday school class available for all ages but some kids go to the regular services.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
(followerofchrist;37535)
...well I was actually referring to religious rituals. But if you want to call the preference towards sitting to standing a denomination than I won't insult christ church of sitters. In our church some people sit, some kneel by their chairs, some stand, we have a little of all. We usually talk about what we are reading that day. I'm not exactly sure what a pot luck is but it sounds like something with lepracons, lucky pot and the end of the rainbow maybe? And we have a sunday school class available for all ages but some kids go to the regular services.
now i truly feel very sorry for you Non denominational people. if you don't know what pot luck is?I am quite sure even Jesus was very found of it.lutheran's especially are.And the baptist seem to be also.its a wonderful meal in which each family brings somthing good to eat and we all share every thing in great Christian fellowship fashion.now you non denominational people just may have had something simularbut that would again be kinda cheating since denominations once again did it first.I think the denomiation Jesus was from was the jewish denomiation .i think i remember reading luthers writting on Jesus was a jew.i dont think any where i read was it ever said that Jesus was non denominational . He was a Jew and he did Jewish religious traditional things .AND one of them Jewish things i would think was enjoying pot luck with his believers .Gods blessings

MickinEngland

Dec 15, 2006
I'm non-denominational myself, or as I like to call it, a "Free Christian"..
smile.gif
To be blunt, I don't need any organised religion because Jesus said - "You have one teacher, me "-Matthew 23:10