Not Born with Sin Nature

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are always one or two Scriptures that prove the truth of God and man:

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

Sin has passed upon all men is a lie.

Death has passed upon all men. Why? Because all have sinned, not because all were born with the sin nature after Adam.

Sinners are made by sinning, not by sin nature.

Jesus Christ, who has made all things, does not make souls with sin nor sinners on earth.

The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

This Scripture is God declaring all men being born with sin is a lie.

The sins of the father are not passed on to the son by sin nature, but by example of sins to commit.

Jesus tells His disciples not to love father or mother more than Himself, by choosing the example of a sinful father or mother to sin with.

We are not to hate father and mother for being born with their sin nature, after we become born of the Spirit, as though we no more have the sin nature of unsaved father or mother.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that we have that cleared up, we can look at all Scripture with clearer understanding of the truth of god and man:

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

The virgin birth was not to 'bypass' the sinful seed of man, but as Scripture declares, it was only as a sign to man, to show man God does not need man and his seed to accomplish His will on earth, including being made flesh and dwelling among men.

The miracle of Jesus' birth by a virgin on earth was just that: a miraculous sign, not a doctrine of the sin nature passed upon all men by sinful seed of the flesh.

Miracle birth of Jesus was neither to avoid 'the sin' of being born of physical seed of man, nor was it to declare a woman of immaculate conception ever-virgin Mother of God and Queen of heaven: both doctrines are false.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are always one or two Scriptures that prove the truth of God and man:

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

Sin has passed upon all men is a lie.

Death has passed upon all men. Why? Because all have sinned, not because all were born with the sin nature after Adam.

Sinners are made by sinning, not by sin nature.

Jesus Christ, who has made all things, does not make souls with sin nor sinners on earth.

The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

This Scripture is God declaring all men being born with sin is a lie.

The sins of the father are not passed on to the son by sin nature, but by example of sins to commit.

Jesus tells His disciples not to love father or mother more than Himself, by choosing the example of a sinful father or mother to sin with.

We are not to hate father and mother for being born with their sin nature, after we become born of the Spirit, as though we no more have the sin nature of unsaved father or mother.

Adam wasn't born with a sin nature, but with free will. When he chose to sin he took on the nature of the serpent. And that is what we all have interited, except for the one born from the seed of the Father. And He is why those born again have died to their sin nature and have inherited the divine nature of Jesus. That is why we MUST be born again of the Spirit. Romans 8:9

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh.

Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel.

Jesus was indeed made flesh of the seed of David, which was in the flesh of Mary's womb.

Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David, and out of the town of Bethlehem, where David was?

Yes.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam wasn't born with a sin nature, but with free will. When he chose to sin he took on the nature of the serpent. And that is what we all have interited, except for the one born from the seed of the Father. And He is why those born again have died to their sin nature and have inherited the divine nature of Jesus. That is why we MUST be born again of the Spirit. Romans 8:9
And that is what we all have interited, except for the one born from the seed of the Father.

Since you give no answer to the Scripture and simple teaching of it, but only prefer to state your own learned ideology, then I'll keep the Scripture and teaching of it.

Sin does not pass upon all men by natural seed, but death does for all have sinned for themselves, even as with Adam the first sinner.

Sin is only 'inherited' by example, not by natural birth.

But, I know that you do not use it for excuse to sin as others do.

So, thanks anyway.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is what we all have interited, except for the one born from the seed of the Father.

Since you give no answer to the Scripture and simple teaching of it, but only prefer to state your own learned ideology, then I'll keep the Scripture and teaching of it.

Sin does not pass upon all men by natural seed, but death does for all have sinned for themselves, even as with Adam the first sinner.

But, I know that you do not use it for excuse to sin as others do.

So, thanks anyway.

I didn't think I had to show you the relevant scriptures that are in my post. You know the scriptures, don't you?

1 John 3
5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest.

Reactions: ScottA

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear.

Neither death nor the judgment of God passes upon all men by birth with sin nature, but upon all men that have sinned and commit works of sin.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.

And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear.

Neither death nor the judgment of God passes upon all men by birth with sin nature, but upon all men that have sinned and commit works of sin.

Give the addresses, Robert. Not everyone knows scriptures on here.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't think I had to show you the relevant scriptures that are in my post. You know the scriptures, don't you?

1 John 3
5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest.
So, you confirm the teaching with more Scripture:

Men who sin like the devil, make themselves children of the devil, not by being born with sin of the devil.

The devil neither creates souls, nor brings babes into the world from the womb.

Only God creates souls, and makes all men born into this world after his image, beginning with the first Adam.

Thanks.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give the addresses, Robert. Not everyone knows scriptures on here.
I use Blue Letter Bible, with simple word search. I no longer take time to write down verse number, unless they are obscure. I take time now with you to explain, because I know you are a sincere Christian.

And you can read the Scriptures provided with the offered conclusion to agree or not. They are not out of context. I don't do that.

They stand alone: God only judges every person by their works, not by their birth into the world.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use Blue Letter Bible, with simple word search. I no longer take time to write down verse number, unless they are obscure. I take time now with you to explain, because I know you are a sincere Christian.

And you can read the Scriptures provided with the offered conclusion to agree or not. They are not out of context. I don't do that.

They stand alone: God only judges every person by their works, not by their birth into the world.

Robert, if you don't give the address, it looks like you are writing your own opinions, and who cares about that?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you confirm the teaching with more Scripture:

Men who sin like the devil, make themselves children of the devil, not by being born with sin of the devil.

The devil neither creates souls, nor brings babes into the world from the womb.

Only God creates souls, and makes all men born into this world after his image, beginning with the first Adam.

Thanks.

Sorry, but we are not born sinless. Only Jesus can change back our nature, and save mankind.

Romans 7:
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

Reactions: ScottA

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another day, another “I hate calvinism” post from robbie. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I don't bother to know every thing Calvin taught, but if Calvin is one of the many that teach born with sin nature, then I reject and hate it for the lie it is, even as I do what when i once believed and taught the same.

When we are willing to allow plain Scripture of truth to correct and change our own minds of long-held traditional belief, then Scripture can also change any long-held sin in life.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name; Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (John 1)

Men that refuse to be corrected in mind by the word of God plainly written, will also refuse to be corrected in life, and so reject His power to become His sons in deed and in truth:

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thess 5)

That being in this life, not waiting for the next.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert, if you don't give the address, it looks like you are writing your own opinions, and who cares about that?
Sorry, I thought anyone taking time to come to this site can recognize Scripture when quoted.

Scriptures are quoted in italicized red, just like the red-letter bible.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but we are not born sinless. Only Jesus can change back our nature, and save mankind.

Romans 7:
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

Thanks for the challenge:

but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Man become carnal and sold under sin by sinning and becoming servant to sin, not by birth with sin nature, which has no Scripture stating we are, and does contradict certain Scripture stating we are become sinners by sinning.

Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? (Rom 6)

Sinners sin because they yield to the temptation of lust to sin, when they choose not to obey God, not because they are natural born sinners who must obey their nature and not God.

That is an excuse of the devil for committing sin.

But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

Paul is neither blaming a sin nature for sinning, nor excusing himself as not be the one sinning, but rather acknowledges if we sin, then sin dwells in us, not Christ, and so we need Jesus Christ to deliver us form the power of sin in our hearts of lust, not any nature of sin in our bodies.

If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him. (Gen 4)

I notice you still have not addressed the two Scriptures that prove the argument. Until you do so, the argument stands, and everything else is interesting sideshow to be read in one way or another: you read them all with the sin nature in mind, and I read them all with sinning in mind.

But, that's fine by me.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, pleeeeease. You know what they say about assuming...
Yes I was doing so with you.

But seriously, you can do an engine search in the bible sight I offered. With you I suppose I can at least give author and chapter like you do.

Fair is fair.

But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons. (Col 3)

And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear. (1 Peter 1)

And these are the Scriptures I say anyone must address to prove the teaching wrong, because I say they prove it right.

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned. (Rom 5)

All are sinners for all have sinned. Not because all have been naturally born to sin from the womb.

The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. (Ezek 18)

The sins of the father are not passed on to the son, nor is sin nature by the father's physical seed. Sin is passed on only by example.

If you have another reading for them, I'd be glad to hear it:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1stCenturyLady

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man become carnal and sold under sin by sinning and becoming servant to sin, not by birth with sin nature, which has no Scripture stating we are, and does contradict certain Scripture staing we are become sinners by sinning.

Romans 3:23
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Romans 5:
Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned— 13 (For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. 15 But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many. 16 And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification. 17 For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)

18 Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. 19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.