Not Born with Sin Nature

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are always one or two Scriptures that prove the truth of God and man:

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

Sin has passed upon all men is a lie.

Death has passed upon all men. Why? Because all have sinned, not because all were born with the sin nature after Adam.

Sinners are made by sinning, not by sin nature.

Jesus Christ, who has made all things, does not make souls with sin nor sinners on earth.

The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

This Scripture is God declaring all men being born with sin is a lie.

The sins of the father are not passed on to the son by sin nature, but by example of sins to commit.

Jesus tells His disciples not to love father or mother more than Himself, by choosing the example of a sinful father or mother to sin with.

We are not to hate father and mother for being born with their sin nature, after we become born of the Spirit, as though we no more have the sin nature of unsaved father or mother.

Wow, I sure see that exactly opposite of you Rob, but at any rate we all sin and fall short of the glory of God. Rom 3:23. The sad thing is, if you are correct in your understanding that means like Adam, we chose to sin.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Johann...If I was in a theology class I could understand the stuff you have dished out above in post #40, to possibly be part of the curriculum but here on a general christian forum it looks more like an ego trip....I suppose you could call that the sinful human nature?

The sinful human nature as I see it is the desire for glory, the evasion of responsibility and the approval of others. We go about getting it in various ways....often concealed because the ego doesn't want others to know about our glory hunting. Of course if and when shame doesn't care anymore that others know or not, we'll have statues made in our honour like we see some dictators around the world have done....Saddam, Mao, Stalin etc etc.

Shock horror!....you say that's not me?......maybe you've never had the opportunity?.....yet above we see an opportunity exploited......ahhhhhh, sinful human nature, what a trip?

And you think I'm having a go at you brother?, no mate, my struggles are no different. I've got to shoot that bugger down every day...and just when I think I have the 'victory' there's a back door somewhere left ajar that this demon sneaks into and terrorises me.
Of course I could deny it all.....strut like one who has the Holy Spirit so jam crammed I couldn't think a wrong thing even if I wanted .....tell the world of my wonderful experience with all sorts of anecdotal accounts to verify my story.....but I know that trip as well and it's a slipperier one than making statues to ones own glory.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What are you really getting at brother...?
Blessings
J.
Letting the world know how much theology you know, how right one's understanding is by posting half a library (exaggeration for emphasis) leaves the average punter feeling like a dumbo while being none the wiser. It's standard practice with a selection here....it's painful to see and even more painful to call you on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: michaelvpardo

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Letting the world know how much theology you know, how right one understanding is by posting half a library (exaggeration for emphasis) leaves the average punter feeling like a dumbo while being none the wiser. It's standard practice with a selection here....it's painful to see and even more painful to call you on it.

You really think I "know it all?"
Really think I am some sort of a spiritual holy Joe sitting on a cloud and no earthly good?
Really think I am here for the "likes" and how many "trophies" I can get...since my reward is in heaven reserved for me?
Are you envious brother?
Do you really know me?
Are you here to witness my anguish in my prayers to God?
My fears and insecurities?

Mat_12:20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

That is why I can relate to Hidden in Him...the saint must walk alone.

Can you fault me in the biblical doctrines?

Brother, eyes off me and on Christ...if your pathos, zest and zeal can outmatch mine I will put the scriptures down and listen to you.

This was uncalled for brother...pride and envy comes in many forms and manifestations.
Still love ya
Blessings
J.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it continues with us and is the thing we do battle with till this mortal puts on immortality and this corruptible puts on incorruption.

This is talking about our shell, not our sin nature. Our body doesn't sin, it is a puppet that is controlled by our mind and emotions, and you are right about it still needing to die to put on immortality.

...Our hearts are changed, our minds are changed, our emotions are changed and finally, at the last trump, our bodies are changed......there'll be no more diapers :)

Yes, this is our nature that has already been born again and put on immortality. Now our body just needs to catch up! :p

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SIN-SAVIOUR
(A) SIN
(For complete alphabetical list of all subjects relating to this topic,
see Index. See also Wicked).
(1) Definition of
Vain Talk
Pro_10:19
Contempt for Others
Pro_14:21
Foolish Thoughts
Pro_24:9
Unbelief
Rom_14:23
Neglect of Opportunity
Jam_4:17
Transgression of the Law
1Jo_3:4
All Unrighteousness
1Jo_5:17
(2) Origin of
Gen_3:6; Psa_51:5; Mat_15:19; Jam_1:15; Jam_4:1
(3) Universality of
Gen_6:5; 1Ki_8:46; Psa_14:3; Psa_53:3; Psa_130:3; Pro_20:9; Ecc_7:20
Isa_53:6; Isa_64:6; Mic_7:2; Rom_3:23; Gal_3:22; 1Jo_1:8; 1Jo_5:19
--SEE Depravity, NATION, THE
Evil Imagination, MIND, CARNAL
(4) Consequences of Parents' Sins upon Children
Exo_20:5; Num_14:33; Psa_37:28; Pro_14:11; Isa_14:20; Lam_5:7
--SEE Heredity, HEREDITY
Parental Influence, HOME
(5) Sin Deceptive
Rom_7:11; Eph_4:22; 1Ti_2:14; 2Ti_3:13; Tit_3:3; Heb_3:13
Rev_19:20
--SEE Self-deception, SELF-DECEPTION
Allurements of Sin, SIN
Be not Deceived, WARNINGS
(6) Despised by Saints
Psa_101:3; Psa_119:104; Psa_119:113; Pro_8:7; Pro_8:13; Rom_7:15; 2Pe_2:7
(7) Forbidden
Isa_1:16; Joh_5:14; Joh_8:11; Rom_6:12; 1Co_15:34; 1Jo_2:1
--SEE Disobedience, DISOBEDIENCE
& DISOBEDIENCE
Shun Evil, WARNINGS
(8) Forgiven
2Sa_12:13; Psa_78:38; Psa_85:2; Mar_2:5; Col_2:13
--SEE Pardon, SALVATION
& SALVATION
Remission of Sin, SALVATION
Mercy, MERCIFULNESS
(9) To be Forsaken
Job_11:14; Pro_28:13; Isa_55:7; Eph_4:22; Col_2:11; Heb_12:1
1Pe_2:11
--SEE Shun Evil, WARNINGS
(10) Inexcusable
Joh_15:22; Rom_1:20; Rom_2:1
--SEE Excuses, SELF-JUSTIFICATION
& SELF-JUSTIFICATION
(11) Known to God. See EXPOSURE
(12) Loved by Men
Job_15:16; Job_20:12; Psa_52:3; Pro_2:14; Isa_5:18; Jer_14:10
Mic_3:2; 2Th_2:11; 2Th_2:12
--SEE Depravity, NATION, THE
Evil Imagination, MIND, CARNAL
Evil Heart, HEART, THE HUMAN
(13) Hateful to God
Deu_25:16; 2Sa_11:27; Psa_5:4; Psa_11:5; Pro_6:16; Zec_8:17
Luk_16:15
(14) Destructive
Psa_34:21; Psa_140:11; Pro_8:36; Pro_11:3; Pro_11:19; Pro_18:7; Isa_3:9; Hos_13:9
Mat_7:13; Rom_7:11; 1Ti_6:9
--SEE Wages of Sin, LOSS
Fate of the Wicked, WICKED
(15) Allurements of
Gen_3:6; Jos_7:21; Pro_9:17; Pro_14:12; Jam_1:14; 2Pe_2:18
--SEE Temptation, TEMPTATION
& TEMPTATION
Earthly Vision, VISION
(B) SIN'S PENALTY
(1) Death, Physical and Spiritual
Gen_2:17; Gen_3:19; Deu_32:51; 1Ch_10:13; Pro_11:19; Eze_18:4
Rom_5:12; Rom_6:23
--SEE Spiritual Death, DEATH
Wicked Cut off, WICKED
(2) Separation from God
Exo_33:3; Jos_7:11; Jos_7:12; Psa_66:18; Isa_59:2; Isa_64:7; Hos_5:6
--SEE Wicked Rejected, WICKED
God's Face Hidden, ESTRANGEMENT
Separation, SEPARATION
Estrangement, ESTRANGEMENT
(3) Abandonment by God
Jdg_16:20; 1Sa_16:14; 1Sa_28:6; 2Ch_30:7; Psa_81:12; Pro_1:28
Mat_23:38; Act_7:42; Rom_1:24
--SEE Castaways, ESTRANGEMENT
Reprobates, REPROBATES
(4) Penalty Sometimes Delayed
Gen_15:16; 1Ki_11:12; 1Ki_21:29; 2Ki_13:23; Ecc_8:11; Isa_48:9
Luk_13:7; Luk_13:8; Luk_13:9; 1Pe_3:20
--SEE Longsuffering, MEEKNESS
Mercy, MERCIFULNESS
Forbearance, MEEKNESS
(5) Inevitable, No Escape from
Pro_11:21; Pro_16:5; Pro_19:5; Jer_11:11; Amo_5:18; Amo_5:19; Amo_9:2
Mat_23:33; Rom_2:3; 1Th_5:3; Heb_2:3; Heb_12:25
--SEE Punishment, PUNISHMENT
& PUNISHMENT
Retribution, PUNISHMENT
& PUNISHMENT
Day of Visitation, DAY OF THE LORD
Exposure of Sin, EXPOSURE
(C) SINS
(1) Of Ignorance
Lev_4:2; Lev_5:17; Luk_12:48; Act_3:17; 1Ti_1:13
--SEE Blindness, BLINDNESS-VISION
Darkness (3), DARKNESS
(2) Of Omission
Mat_23:23; Mat_25:45; Luk_11:42; Luk_12:47; Jam_4:17
--SEE Neglect, INDIFFERENCE
Unfaithfulness, UNFAITHFULNESS
Unfruitfulness, UNFRUITFULNESS
(3) Our Deliverance from, through Christ
1Co_15:3; Gal_1:4; 1Pe_2:24; 1Jo_2:2; Rev_1:5
--- of Parents. See HOME
---, Secret. See CONCEALMENT
--- of Youth. See YOUNG PEOPLE
(D) SAVIOUR, Christ our
(1) Came to Earth to be
Luk_2:11; Luk_19:10; Joh_3:17; Act_5:31; Act_13:23; 1Ti_1:15
2Ti_1:10; Heb_7:25; 1Jo_4:14
--SEE Salvation (2), SALVATION
Redemption (2), REDEMPTION
Cross, CROSS OF CHRIST
(2) Became Man's Substitute
Psa_69:9; Isa_53:5; 2Co_5:21; Gal_3:13; Heb_2:9; Heb_9:28
1Pe_2:24; 1Pe_3:18
(3) Bore the Sins of Many
Isa_53:12; Heb_9:28; 1Pe_2:24; 1Jo_3:5
(4) Carried the Burdens of Humanity
Isa_53:4; Mat_8:17; Joh_19:17
(5) Became Mediator between God and Man
1Ti_2:5; Heb_8:6; Heb_9:15; Heb_9:24; Heb_12:24; 1Jo_2:1
--SEE Christ's Intercession, INTERCESSION
(6) Called the "Lamb of God"
Isa_53:7; Joh_1:29; 1Co_5:7; 1Pe_1:19; Rev_5:6; Rev_6:1; Rev_7:9
Rev_12:11; Rev_13:8; Rev_14:1; Rev_15:3; Rev_17:14; Rev_19:9; Rev_21:22
--SEE Blood, CHRIST JESUS
Atonement, ATONEMENT
Redemption, REDEMPTION
(7) Offered Himself as a Sacrifice
Joh_15:13; 2Co_8:9; Gal_1:4; Eph_5:2; Tit_2:14; Heb_9:26
1Pe_3:18; 1Jo_3:16; Rev_1:5
--SEE Sufferings of Christ, SUFFERINGS OF CHRIST
Christ's Love, LOVE
(8) Suffered and Died to Redeem the Race
Isa_53:12; Joh_10:11; Joh_12:23; Joh_12:24; Rom_5:6; Rom_14:9; 1Co_15:3
2Co_5:15; Col_1:22; Heb_2:9; Rev_5:9
--SEE Sufferings of Christ, SUFFERINGS OF CHRIST
(9) Absolutely Indispensable
The Only Intercessor
Isa_59:16
The Only Remedy
Joh_3:14; Joh_3:15
The Only Nourishment
Joh_6:35
The Only Source of Truth
Joh_6:67; Joh_6:68
The Only Saviour
Act_4:12
The Only Foundation
1Co_3:11
--SEE Faith (6), FAITH
Salvation (2), SALVATION
TCRSB

Blessings
J.

I scanned through your texts and they are all for the unsaved in need of a Savior.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but at any rate we all sin and fall short of the glory of God. Rom 3:23. The sad thing is, if you are correct in your understanding that means like Adam, we chose to sin.
I appreciate your for your honesty in any argument: if you respond, you always address the point, unlike others who only avoid any point that does not suit their learned mantra.

Wow, I sure see that exactly opposite of you Rob.

So did I, until I stopped corrupting the Scripture and saying that sin passed upon all men from birth. Death passed upon all men, for all men have sinned, not for all men are born with sinful souls.

Until someone addresses this, then any argument for birth with sin nature is unproven, but only learned tradition of men.

but at any rate we all sin

At any rate Scripture says all have sinned. Not all are still sinning.

No man can possibly be a doer of the word, until they begin believing the word over their own desired thinking.

Sinners say they will sin, because they want to and choose to, not because they have to in obedience to a 'sin nature' from birth.

The sad thing is, if you are correct in your understanding that means like Adam, we chose to sin.

I.e. you would have to agree sin is chosen without excuse of being born to it from the womb.

And God declares sinners choose to:

Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

It is by choice, not by inherited sin nature of man's physical seed: All those who sin against God choose the evil and refuse the good and make themselves sinners against God.

A soul like Adam's is created equally by God without sin, and a babe knows neither and can do neither, and so cannot sin and become a sinner, until he learns to know good and evil, obedience and disobedience.

Being born again is becoming a babe again in conscience, not in age. A babe without sin nor having sinned. A newborn babe in Christ, but with knowledge like Adam.

And if a Christian returns to refusing the good to choose the evil, then he makes himself a transgressor like unto Adam.

For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

And so, the work is to remain babes without sinning, while growing to do righteousness.

Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.

Reactions: Wynona

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus has made salvation simple in Him. There are two categories of sin now because when we are born again, Jesus writes the laws of God on our heart, our conscience. Therefore, if our conscience doesn't condemn us, we are right with God.

Therefore, we will either sin willfully and go to hell, or not sin willfully, but only unintentionally as we walk in the Spirit and go to heaven.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Being born again is to become as little children again, not sinners having learned to sin against God.

A babe in Christ pertaining to sin is as a babe from the womb: pure in heart and has not sinned by lust of heart.

Christians do not become as little children sinners, which would be the teaching, if all children are born with sin nature.

As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby.

All Scripture in speaking of babes is as pure and undefiled by sin, because they have not sinned like all men.

Becoming little children and new born babes in Christ is true in being born once again pure from having sinned, but not in age and knowledge of good and evil.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Of willful sins? Yes. Aren't you?

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Ever studied these verses?

1) "If we say that we have no sin". John includes himself in this hypothetical affirmation. "If we (subjunctive) should say, affirm, or claim" "that (a) sin not we (Greek echomen) have, hold, contain or embrace"; this affirms at least an abiding sin nature or disposition exists in every Child of God. Rom_7:17-18; Rom_7:20-21; Rom_7:23.

2) "We deceive ourselves" (Greek heautous) "Ourselves, you and I", (Greek planomen), "we deceive or delude" - we stick our head in the sand, like an ostrich; we pull the wool over our own eyes; we look the other way, like the man with a beam in his eye who tries to detect a speck in the eye of another, Mat_7:3-5.

3) "And the truth is not in us". Anyone claiming not to have, hold, contain or embrace sin in him, his old nature, old man, is a self -deceiver. And concerning his claim to have no sin John asserts the claimant doesn't tell the truth. His relatives know he doesn't tell the truth; his acquaintances know he doesn't tell the truth; the devil knows he doesn't tell the truth and John wanted these "little children", believers, to recognize that they still had the old nature of sin continually present to incite them to thoughts, words, and deeds of wrong.
Garner

Rom 7:17 So now it is no more I that do it, but
sin which dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me, but to do that which is good is not.
Rom 7:19 For the good which I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I practise.

Rom 7:20 But if what I would not, that I do, it is no more I that do it, but sin which dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then the law, that, to me who would do good, evil is present.

Rom 7:23 but I see a different law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity under the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me out of the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then I myself with the mind serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

...how is the believers committing
acts of sin different than the unregenerate?
Blessings
J.
For many years I have made assumptions, and after that stopped making assumptions...

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I appreciate your for your honesty in any argument: if you respond, you always address the point, unlike others who only avoid any point that does not suit their learned mantra.

Wow, I sure see that exactly opposite of you Rob.

So did I, until I stopped corrupting the Scripture and saying that sin passed upon all men from birth. Death passed upon all men, for all men have sinned, not for all men are born with sinful souls.

Until someone addresses this, then any argument for birth with sin nature is unproven, but only learned tradition of men.

At any rate Scripture says all have sinned. Not all are still sinning.

No man can possibly be a doer of the word, until they begin believing the word over their own desired thinking.

Sinners say they will sin, because they want to and choose to, not because they have to in obedience to a 'sin nature' from birth.

The sad thing is, if you are correct in your understanding that means like Adam, we chose to sin.

I.e. you would have to agree sin is chosen without excuse of being born to it from the womb.

And God declares sinners choose to:

Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.

It is by choice, not by inherited sin nature of man's physical seed: All those who sin against God choose the evil and refuse the good and make themselves sinners against God.

A soul like Adam's is created equally by God without sin, and a babe knows neither and can do neither, and so cannot sin and become a sinner, until he learns to know good and evil, obedience and disobedience.

Being born again is becoming a babe again in conscience, not in age. A babe without sin nor having sinned. A newborn babe in Christ, but with knowledge like Adam.

And if a Christian returns to refusing the good to choose the evil, then he makes himself a transgressor like unto Adam.

For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.

And so, the work is to remain babes without sinning, while growing to do righteousness.

Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men.
Jesus has made salvation simple in Him. There are two categories of sin now because when we are born again, Jesus writes the laws of God on our heart, our conscience. Therefore, if our conscience doesn't condemn us, we are right with God.

Therefore, we will either sin willfully and go to hell, or not sin willfully, but only unintentionally as we walk in the Spirit and go to heaven.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Ever studied these verses?

1) "If we say that we have no sin". John includes himself in this hypothetical affirmation. "If we (subjunctive) should say, affirm, or claim" "that (a) sin not we (Greek echomen) have, hold, contain or embrace"; this affirms at least an abiding sin nature or disposition exists in every Child of God. Rom_7:17-18; Rom_7:20-21; Rom_7:23.

2) "We deceive ourselves" (Greek heautous) "Ourselves, you and I", (Greek planomen), "we deceive or delude" - we stick our head in the sand, like an ostrich; we pull the wool over our own eyes; we look the other way, like the man with a beam in his eye who tries to detect a speck in the eye of another, Mat_7:3-5.

3) "And the truth is not in us". Anyone claiming not to have, hold, contain or embrace sin in him, his old nature, old man, is a self -deceiver. And concerning his claim to have no sin John asserts the claimant doesn't tell the truth. His relatives know he doesn't tell the truth; his acquaintances know he doesn't tell the truth; the devil knows he doesn't tell the truth and John wanted these "little children", believers, to recognize that they still had the old nature of sin continually present to incite them to thoughts, words, and deeds of wrong.
Garner

Rom 7:17 So now it is no more I that do it, but
sin which dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me, but to do that which is good is not.
Rom 7:19 For the good which I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I practise.

Rom 7:20 But if what I would not, that I do, it is no more I that do it, but sin which dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then the law, that, to me who would do good, evil is present.

Rom 7:23 but I see a different law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity under the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me out of the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then I myself with the mind serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

...how is the believers committing
acts of sin different than the unregenerate?
Blessings
J.
For many years I have made assumptions, and after that stopped making assumptions...

J, Yes, I am a teacher.

Look at 1 John 1:5-10 and notice the contrast between light and darkness. You are not rightly dividing the Word of Truth. These are not all about a Christian. When you walk in the light that is inside you, you cannot walk in darkness and sin.

5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

God is light, so those who walk in darkness, no matter what they lie and say, are not in God, so are not saved. But neither are those in 8 or 10. Only those who have confessed their sin and have been cleansed of ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS can truthfully say they are without sin. Because as the born again Christian in verse 7 is walking in the light, he is not willfully sinning, so any unintentional sin is cleansed by the blood of Jesus.

Now taking verses out of context in Romans 7. Read the whole chapter and chapter 8 to verse 9, then you will see that Romans 7:14-25 is about those STILL under the law, and BEFORE being born again of the Spirit in chapter 8. I'll let you study. You are making a common mistake. Just remember, CONTEXT, CONTEXT, CONTEXT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..what about our sins of omission? Where does that come from?

They are either willfully omitted, or unintentionally omitted. If you don't do something you know you should that is willful. Like passing a beggar on the street knowing you could have helped him, but are selfish and don't.

Reactions: michaelvpardo

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus has made salvation simple in Him.

True, which is the simplicity of Christ. Jesus in salvation makes life simple again as in the garden of God amidst a world of iniquity: as babes and little children that have not sinned like all men with pure living souls undefiled by sin.

There are two categories of sin.

In Scripture all sin is unrighteousness and transgression of the law of God. (1 John 3,5)

Jesus writes the laws of God on our heart, our conscience.

Which is the only difference between the undefiled new born from the womb, and the undefiled new born in Christ, including age and knowledge of having sinned like all men.

Therefore, if our conscience doesn't condemn us, we are right with God.

True, because the blood of the Lamb purifies the conscience from past sins, and as new born babes we have no conscience of having sinned like all men, but unlike being born from the womb, we have past knowledge of sinning.

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? (Heb 9)

Therefore, we will either sin willfully and go to hell, or not sin willfully,

True. We either abide in Him as a good branch, or we willfully return to sin to once again become like all transgressors of the world:

For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. (Gal 2)

but only unintentionally as we walk in the Spirit and go to heaven.

Since there is one law of Christ for both the children and the strangers, then 'unintentional' sin applies to all men.

How does one unintentionally sin? do unrighteousness? transgress the law? What example in Scripture do you have?

Paul declares how he was a blasphemer against Christ, who did it ignorantly in unbelief (1 Titus 1). That is not 'unintentionally' sinning. He knew and intended to do what he did, which was sinning against God and man, but he did so in blindness of unbelief, thinking he was doing God service:

They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Committing sin ignorantly by unbelief is judged as willful sin and transgression of law of God.

And so what are sins of ignorance, that are not in unbelief and disobedience to God?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
J, Yes, I am a teacher.

Look at 1 John 1:5-10 and notice the contrast between light and darkness. You are not rightly dividing the Word of Truth. These are not all about a Christian. When you walk in the light that is inside you, you cannot walk in darkness and sin.

5 This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

God is light, so those who walk in darkness, no matter what they lie and say, are not in God, so are not saved. But neither are those in 8 or 10. Only those who have confessed their sin and have been cleansed of ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS can truthfully say they are without sin. Because as the born again Christian in verse 7 is walking in the light, he is not willfully sinning, so any unintentional sin is cleansed by the blood of Jesus.

Now taking verses out of context in Romans 7. Read the whole chapter and chapter 8 to verse 9, then you will see that Romans 7:14-25 is about those STILL under the law, and BEFORE being born again of the Spirit in verse 8. I'll let you study. You are making a common mistake. Just remember, CONTEXT, CONTEXT, CONTEXT.

I noticed that you have not touched on the scripture references re Paul.
Can you give some clarification on that?
Blessings
J.
So far, so good...