Not Your Word, But God's Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'The entrance of Thy words giveth light;
it giveth understanding unto the simple.'

(Psa 119:130)

Hello @Davy,

Yes, it is the entrance of God's word that brings light. Yet the dearth that Amos is referring to is within the land of Israel. God is speaking through Amos, 'to My People Israel' (Amos 8:2).

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Keep thinking that only applies to the land of Israel, because it applies to His people Israel, not necessarily just the holy land. And what happened to the ten northern tribes of Israel, and also the majority of the house of Judah after their respective captivities? They were scattered among the Gentiles. The Jews that returned to the 'land' of Israel after the Babylon captivity were a small remnant of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi, and strangers. The greater majority of the 12 tribes were scattered abroad!

So then, tell me, where would this Amos 8 Message involving deception in the last days, be for? Just the land of Israel? Afraid not. Today, since Jesus died on the cross and The Father raised Him from the dead, His Israel now is His Church.

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a funny false accusation on your part, since your previous post I responded to showed you doing a false link of the time AFTER Christ's coming and defeat of His enemies, for that time only is when the new Jerusalem will come down out of Heaven from God, and need no sun or light, for The Father and The Son will be the Light of it (Revelation 21:23-24).

No need to carry on any further conversations with you, since you can't even address the proper timing of events in God's Word, and instead like to make up false accusations.

ok. I agree.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when looking up “famine” these verses connect or “link” Psalm 33:18-20 Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy; [19] To deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. [20] Our soul waiteth for the Lord : he is our help and our shield.
I don’t see how this does not link to the testimony of Jesus Christ, or “famine” that comes upon the land of hearing the words of the Lord. Or how it doesn’t link to hope in “God is our help and shield”

The Psalms 33:19 "famine" idea is about lack of real... bread. The Amos 8:11-12 idea is allegory about a spiritual famine lack of HEARING The Word of God, not for real bread and water. Didn't you read the Amos 8:11 verse? Your lack of comprehension of this Amos 8 Scripture reveals this event is definitely active today...

Amos 8:11-12
11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.
KJV

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Psalms 33:19 "famine" idea is about lack of real... bread. The Amos 8:11-12 idea is allegory about a spiritual famine lack of HEARING The Word of God, not for real bread and water. Didn't you read the Amos 8:11 verse? Your lack of comprehension of this Amos 8 Scripture reveals this event is definitely active today...

Amos 8:11-12
11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.
KJV

Ok…to you psalms 33:19 is about real bread. Strange calling that the real bread that delivers from hell and keeps one alive in famine’ as if ‘hearing the words of the Lord’ that bread is not real? Which bread is ‘give us day to day our daily bread’ In famine? Because You Lord are The One who delivers from hell and keeps alive in famine; ‘deliver us from evil’ Psalms 33:19; give us day to day our daily bread…real bread or not in ‘how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?’

Luke 11:2-13 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth. [3] Give us day by day our daily bread. [4] And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. [5] And he said unto them, Which of you shall have a friend, and shall go unto him at midnight, and say unto him, Friend, lend me three loaves; [6] For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him? [7] And he from within shall answer and say, Trouble me not: the door is now shut, and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise and give thee. [8] I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth. [9] And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. [10] For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. [11] If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent? [12] Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? [13] If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Friend, lend me three loaves; [6] For a friend of mine in his journey is come to me, and I have nothing to set before him?

thankfully Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. [3] For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Again ‘lest you be wearied and faint in your minds’ …(Imo) it is for the lack of bread one faints and grows weary. As those that put their trust in the Lord shall not faint nor grow weary. It is a promise yea? The real dealing out bread to the poor, as He distributes ‘for the joy set that was set before Him’. for what Father when a child ask for bread ..Will give to him a stone? How much more will God give the Spirit? ‘And you now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man takes from you. [23] And in that day you shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever you shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. [24] Hitherto have you asked nothing in my name: ask, and you shall receive, that your joy may be full.
John 16:22-24

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus