November 5th & the word of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TallMan

Jul 20, 2007
Remember, remember the Fifth of November, The Gunpowder Treason and Plot, I know of no reason Why Gunpowder Treason Should ever be forgot. Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent To blow up King and Parliament. Three-score barrels of powder below To prove old England's overthrow; By God's providence he was catch'd With a dark lantern and burning match. Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring. Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King! A penny loaf to feed the Pope A farthing o' cheese to choke him. A pint of beer to rinse it down. A f aggott of sticks to burn him. Burn him in a tub of tar. Burn him like a blazing star. Burn his body from his head. Then we'll say ol' Pope is dead. Hip hip hoorah! Hip hip hoorah hoorah!The plot was re-created for television a couple of years ago. They showed that the 2.5 tonnes of gunpowder would have raised the Houses of Parliament to the ground, killing most of the English government, including the King, and be of greater effect than 9/11. The terrorist cell numbered 13, aided by the Jesuits.An Act of Parliament was passed to make 5th November a Day of Thanksgiving. This lasted a further 254 years.Should we be thankful?A month before, King James had decreed that the bible should be translated into English so that the common man could read the truth for himself / herself. The Pope knew that this would do what military might had failed to do and overthrow his political power over people because of their ignorance.Further details here & here.

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
If you overthrow your government everything will be great for about 100 yrs. Then it will go downhill from there and be worse than it was when you first overthrew it. You'll have gay marriage, they'll take away your means of self protection, they'll let females lead the males. Wait, you already have all that, don't you? We're starting to get it over here too.

ps77

Nov 3, 2007
they'll let females lead the males.
Theres nothing wrong with female leaders.Sometimes, (actually, in my case especially, a lot of times) us males need some female guidance. Either way, it shouldn't be about gender anyways.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(ps77;21767)
Theres nothing wrong with female leaders.Sometimes, (actually, in my case especially, a lot of times) us males need some female guidance. Either way, it shouldn't be about gender anyways.
Females were created to be help mates for man.
wink.gif
, it's an important role, however it's not a leader role.Genesis 2:20-23 20And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. 21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. 23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.There is nothing worse than a woman leader making huge decisions. A lot of females are ruled by their emotions too.

ps77

Nov 3, 2007
A lot of females are ruled by their emotions too.
Males are ruled by their emotions as well. We're all pretty much ruled by emotion.yeah, sure, God created Eve as a companion for Adam, that doesn't mean she'd have to take the back seat. That doesn't mean women today can't lead. I'm sure that God created Eve knowing that Adam would make some stupid mistakes if not for her. Because there's tons of times that my mother should be leading and my dad should be learning from her. It's a team-work kinda thing.
There is nothing worse than a woman leader making huge decisions.
I find this statement offensive, and I am not even a female! That was quite the sexist remark. Certain people are not good for making decisions, that is not gender-based. There are tons of times that I would rather rely on the wisdom of a female, than the wisdom of a male. But that is not a testament to all females, nor to all males. It depends on the person, not the gender.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Wakka;21769)
Females were created to be help mates for man.
wink.gif
, it's an important role, however it's not a leader role.Genesis 2:20-23 20And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. 21And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; 22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. 23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.There is nothing worse than a woman leader making huge decisions. A lot of females are ruled by their emotions too.
Well I think you are taking this to far Wakka and some of the greatest leaders in the World have been Women if you look to historyThough I agree women were created as helpmates that doesnt mean with less brains or ability just different personally I think a women could a better job at alot of things then men have done. It just depends on the Woman. after all it wasnt women that got us to where we are was it.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(kriss;21786)
Well I think you are taking this to far Wakka and some of the greatest leaders in the World have been Women if you look to historyThough I agree women were created as helpmates that doesnt mean with less brains or ability just different personally I think a women could a better job at alot of things then men have done. It just depends on the Woman. after all it wasnt women that got us to where we are was it.
I didn't mean it like that. But I did mean that they were help mates, and God did give them a very important role.

Wise Haven

Sep 26, 2007
If you want to talk about the suitability of females for leadership you need look no further than Margaret Thatcher - I loved her!!Better than the snivelling serpents we have had since.
smile.gif

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
Isaiah 3:12As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

jkdjr25

Nov 5, 2007
Wakka I think you may need to go back to the Book. There were female leaders, even in Old Testament times. Esther for example, and Ruth. There is one other rather important, in my mind anyway, fact. The first person to see the resurected Christ was a woman, Mary Magdalen in fact. There are places for female leadership, especially if they were called by God to do so.