Numbers In Scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

wayofthespirit

More often partly wrong than wholly right
Feb 16, 2010
North Norfolk, UK

Many thanks.....I've book marked it for its apparent value.
I'm beginning to see why you folk are such 'Bullies'
wink.gif
(is that a wink emoticon?).....I'm trying to be complimentary in a light hearted way.
wink.gif

We have now come to the end of our survey of number as used by God in His works and in His Word, and we have seen that all is perfect.

Our apprehension and interpretation of the phenomena may be marked with many imperfections, and we are conscious that after all we have but touched the fringe of this great and important subject.

One thing, however, is certain, and that is, that we have, in the Scripture of Truth, a revelation from God absolutely without error, and whatever difficulties we may encounter in seeking to understand it, they are all the outcome of our own infirmities.

Of another thing we are also certain, that the Written Word cannot be separated from the Living Word, nor the spiritual meaning of the one understood without a living union with the other.

It may be said of the Word of God, as it is written of the New Jerusalem (Rev 21:23),

"THE LAMB IS THE LIGHT THEREOF."

Lets hope that, as I get to know him better (which seems inevitable if I stay here much longer
wink.gif
) that he doesn't turn out to be another Herbert W Armstrong.
wink.gif

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Have you read it? It's quite a good work. Not using these tools limits your options in understanding certain things.

Irish
YES . I read it 14 times which implies a double measure of spiritual perfection.

Proof found here: http://philologos.org/__eb-nis/13666.htm#15

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
I took 5 minutes to make this up.
Using the alphabet in a continuous sequence of 9 letters wide and 9 deep I can prove there was an EMU and a FOX on Noahs Ark.
Besides if you look closely you will find WOG which of course stands for Word Of God.

On my microsoft notepad the letters line up perfectly. On this forum software not so perfect , but you get the idea.

ABCDEFGHI
JKLMNOPQR
STUVWXYZA
BCDEFGHIJ
KLMNOPQRS
TUVWXYZAB
CDEFGHIJK
LMNOPQRST
UVWXYZABC

If I felt like spending another 5 minutes I could even get JESUS and NOAH and ARK to come up.

I picked 5 minutes because according to Bullinger Five is four plus one (4+1)
Which of course is:
1. Father
2. Son
3. Spirit
4. Creation
5. Redemption
As shown here http://philologos.org/__eb-nis/five.htm

which of course means that I have now read Bullinger 15 times
and Bullinger refers to the Ark here http://philologos.org/__eb-nis/13666.htm#15

My case is as airtight as Bullinger's or the bible number's guy who is still counting his $millions because of the book he wrote , which of course took him longer than 5 minutes.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I took 5 minutes to make this up.
Using the alphabet in a continuous sequence of 9 letters wide and 9 deep I can prove there was an EMU and a FOX on Noahs Ark.
Besides if you look closely you will find WOG which of course stands for Word Of God.

On my microsoft notepad the letters line up perfectly. On this forum software not so perfect , but you get the idea.

ABCDEFGHI
JKLMNOPQR
STUVWXYZA
BCDEFGHIJ
KLMNOPQRS
TUVWXYZAB
CDEFGHIJK
LMNOPQRST
UVWXYZABC

If I felt like spending another 5 minutes I could even get JESUS and NOAH and ARK to come up.

I picked 5 minutes because according to Bullinger Five is four plus one (4+1)
Which of course is:
1. Father
2. Son
3. Spirit
4. Creation
5. Redemption
As shown here http://philologos.org/__eb-nis/five.htm

which of course means that I have now read Bullinger 15 times
and Bullinger refers to the Ark here http://philologos.org/__eb-nis/13666.htm#15

My case is as airtight as Bullinger's or the bible number's guy who is still counting his $millions because of the book he wrote , which of course took him longer than 5 minutes.

Well its to bad you dont realize the perfection of God the Hebrew letters are also numbers God has a whole perfect languge he has used to show us many deeper truths ,,,you want to make fun and belittle Gods perfection of in his Word, be my guest ,your loss.
but your little game here is rather chilish and insulting .IMHO
I agree Bulinger is only a man but he is a hebrew scholar of utmost respect ,who has done invauable work and sense he lived in the 1800's I doubt he became a millionaire so you are talking trash about something you obviously have no clue about.....

God gives some men wisdom ... You can find Gods perfect use of numbers from the begining to bad you do not see his perfection.... Not a single number or word was written in vain ... and your opinion is just that an opinion and everyones got one

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada

I took Bullingers writings on the number ten as he wrote it below......

It has been already pointed out that ten is one of the perfect numbers, and signifies the perfection of Divine order, commencing, as it does, an altogether new series of numbers. The first decade is the representative of the whole numeral system, and originates the system of calculation called "decimals," because the whole system of numeration consists of so many tens, of which the first is a type of the whole.

I took out the spaces and punctuation , narrowed and deepened to 7 lines instead of 3 and low and behold Noah showed right up.
The letters NOAH line up perfectly on my microsoft notepad. Maybe not so perfect on this forum , but you get the idea.

Ithasbeenalreadypointedoutthattenisoneoftheperfectnumb
ersandsignifiestheperfectionofDivineordercommencingasi
tdoesanaltogethernewseriesofnumbersThefirstdecadeisthe
representativeofthewholenumeralsystemandoriginatesthes
ystemofcalculationcalleddecimalsbecausethewholesystemo
fnumerationconsistsofsomanytensofwhichthefirstisatypeo
fthewhole
Which makes this my 4th post on this thread and according to Bullinger:
Four is the number of the great elements—earth, air, fire, and water.

Four are the regions of the earth—north, south, east, and west.

Four are the divisions of the day—morning, noon, evening, and midnight. Or in our Lord's words, when He speaks of His coming at evening, midnight, cock-crowing, or in the morning (Mark 13:35). We are never to put off His coming in our minds beyond tomorrow morning.

Four are the seasons of the year—spring, summer, autumn, and winter.

Four are the great variations of the lunar phases.

Be careful what you believe.
All of mankind is free to believe all of the above or none of the above. Suit yourselves.

Best regards
Martin W.

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Well its to bad you dont realize the perfection of God the Hebrew letters are also numbers God has a whole perfect languge he has used to show us many deeper truths ,,,you want to make fun and belittle Gods perfection of in his Word, be my guest ,your loss.
but your little game here is rather chilish and insulting .IMHO
I agree Bulinger is only a man but he is a hebrew scholar of utmost respect ,who has done invauable work and sense he lived in the 1800's I doubt he became a millionaire so you are talking trash about something you obviously have no clue about.....

God gives some men wisdom ... You can find Gods perfect use of numbers from the begining to bad you do not see his perfection.... Not a single number or word was written in vain ... and your opinion is just that an opinion and everyones got one
Michael Drosnin is the one who made millions on his book "The Bible Code"
Drosnin's book is based on the technique described in the paper "Equidistant Letter Sequences."
Using "Equidistant Letter Sequences." I was able to come up with words such as ARK NOAH FOX WOG (word of God) in a few minutes.

I have made the point that anyone can come up with anything they want, as often as they want , any time they want. Divine inspiration is not required. All that is required is a sucker to believe it. Christianity is a great marketplace for such things.

I also find it contradictory when someone defends man's words one day , and the next day says not to use man's words.

Hebrew uses letters with corresponding numbers. Nothing new here. One of the functions used by the scribes was to total all the numbers of each line of writing at the edge of the page.

Then they also added up the total of all the lines for the page. It was one method of proofreading, and made it extremely difficult for anyone to change words or meanings in the original inspired text.

My writing is not inspired Christine, neither is yours, neither is Bullinger's or Michael Drosnin's.

Martin

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Michael Drosnin is the one who made millions on his book "The Bible Code"
Drosnin's book is based on the technique described in the paper "Equidistant Letter Sequences."
Using "Equidistant Letter Sequences." I was able to come up with words such as ARK NOAH FOX WOG (word of God) in a few minutes.

I have made the point that anyone can come up with anything they want, as often as they want , any time they want. Divine inspiration is not required. All that is required is a sucker to believe it. Christianity is a great marketplace for such things.

I also find it contradictory when someone defends man's words one day , and the next day says not to use man's words.

Hebrew uses letters with corresponding numbers. Nothing new here. One of the functions used by the scribes was to total all the numbers of each line of writing at the edge of the page.

Then they also added up the total of all the lines for the page. It was one method of proofreading, and made it extremely difficult for anyone to change words or meanings in the original inspired text.

My writing is not inspired Christine, neither is yours, neither is Bullinger's or Michael Drosnin's.

Martin
Your comparision of Gods numbers with a bible code is apples and oranges
The bible code and Bullinger have nothing to do with each other.
your ignorance on the subject speaks for itself
Im really not interested in your opionion or baseless statements ....

Irish

Jan 31, 2010
Martin, to compare this work to "the Bible Code" is sheer ignorance. What do you think of this?...

Mark 8:19-20 (King James Version)

[sup]19[/sup]When I brake the five loaves among five thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? They say unto him, Twelve.

[sup]20[/sup]And when the seven among four thousand, how many baskets full of fragments took ye up? And they said, Seven.

Do you think these numbers had no meaning?

Irish

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Your comparision of Gods numbers with a bible code is apples and oranges
The bible code and Bullinger have nothing to do with each other.
your ignorance on the subject speaks for itself
Im really not interested in your opionion or baseless statements ....
You have confused the numbers used by God in the bible with what Bullinger thinks those numbers signify.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
You have confused the numbers used by God in the bible with what Bullinger thinks those numbers signify.

And if you knew how to understand how God teaches you would know that Bulinger being a life long bible and hebrew scholar got these meanings straight from the Word and the lanuage, knowledge of the Hebrews. God defines his own numbers and symbololy if one sees and hears Lets take 4 bulinger says its the number of earth
Gods says there are four corners of the earth /there are four directions
when God is going to harm the earth he calls the four angels that are at the four corners of earth ..are you so blind you can not see that God himself has declared 4 the number of the earth ?
Bulinger is but a guide that God gave much wisdom to see his truth not bulingers own ..Or scripture would not bear it out .
I personally as well as many others have enough discernment myself to check it out
I just dont blindly follow any man ..but you just make baseless blanket statements without a clue of what you talking about ... Empty talk of men
So say what you want as I said you just show your ignorance of the subject.