Obama, Clinton or McCain

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hgomez2

May 8, 2008
Hi new to this forum. Just curious who everyone is leaning towards. Obama, Clinton or McCain?

gator347

May 7, 2008
You can't be a Christian and vote for the DEMs: Pro-Abortion, Anti-Military, Bigotry, Pro-Gay, & Anti-Family Issues.McCain is weak on consevative issues but is Pro-Life & Pro-Military.This is a very weak field of candidates.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Well if I vote it will be Obama if he gets the nomination....as was said this field is weak most likely the weakest one I have ever saw...when you get right down too it you lose either way you go...just close your eyes and pick one...

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Denver;49247)
I'm slightly surprised with that choice JJ, are you aware of his stances on Israel? (Just curious.)
Harsh reality of it Denver I am....but what choices do you have? I made the horrible mistake of voting for Bush for that I should be shot.....a vote for McCain is a vote for another Bush protege and Hillary Clinton is done I do not know why she does not throw in the towel. I have honestly considered not voting...

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a Christian, you don't necessarily have to be pro-military.
Luke 21:20
And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
At the same time, do you want Jerusalem surrounded without any opposition, or even worse, with our own army numbered amongst this? Believe me, I am of the mind that Father is ultimately in control, but we have a right to do on our own before he provides.McCain is far from my favorite, but I just have a real issue with electing a man who on one hand wants to bomb Pakistan or on the other wants to negotiate with people who want to wipe Israel off of the map. He is lying at some point between those two statements? Which is it? Only Barack Obama can tell us, and of course he won't. He's too busy promising free healthcare, less taxes, and aid to anyone that asks. Once again, there's a lie in there, where is it?McCain is not a saint, but Obama will make Carter policy look like it came from heaven. That's scary to me.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
We all know that this is a terrible group of candidates to pick from to lead our country. Its not really a question of who you like, at this point its just trying to pick the lesser of three terrible options!

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(gator347;49473)
The lesser of two (three) evils is still evil.
True but one is gonna be president whether we like it or not so we might as well try and influence which one it is...

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
Haha I just realized I am talking like I am old enough to vote...I'm not. Buuuut I can still talk about it, it just does no good! HA

G

Godgiven

Politics is one of the four hidden dynasties: Religion, Economics, & Education round out the remaining three. Those who have eyes to see and ears to hear certainly do discern that Satan is empowering each of them. The Almighty documents that the Babylonian pagan King Nebuchadnezzar was "his servant". No one "voted" for him. He was raised up by the Living God to serve the Living God. So it shall be with the next to occupy 1600Pennsylvania Avenue. I have been voting for a long time. For the first and only time ever, I am strongly impressed by the Holy Spirit not to put my hand to any of the candidates. And so I will obey.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Amen to that Godgiven you can certainly see that all four dynasties are being controlled more each day by evil control the dynasties controll the world. Im with you

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Denver;49469)
Luke 21:20At the same time, do you want Jerusalem surrounded without any opposition, or even worse, with our own army numbered amongst this? Believe me, I am of the mind that Father is ultimately in control, but we have a right to do on our own before he provides.McCain is far from my favorite, but I just have a real issue with electing a man who on one hand wants to bomb Pakistan or on the other wants to negotiate with people who want to wipe Israel off of the map. He is lying at some point between those two statements? Which is it? Only Barack Obama can tell us, and of course he won't. He's too busy promising free healthcare, less taxes, and aid to anyone that asks. Once again, there's a lie in there, where is it?McCain is not a saint, but Obama will make Carter policy look like it came from heaven. That's scary to me.
I agree with your premise, because I, not intending to open another can of worms, and if that happens I will stop posting here and open a new thread... but I don't believe Christians should go to war, particularly willingly for any country. I will simply say it is unwise to do so.However, on the premise of using what is evil for good... or, making good of what could otherwise be evil... I agree. If I have three choices, and I can have an influence, I can only do my best to choose the one that will orcestrate the best policies that will create a profitable environment for God's people and His plan. Then, I realize He can use a donkey to speak and I am confounded by His soveriegn will
smile.gif
. Nevertheless, that's my intent and that is what I hope to do. Be in the world, but not of it. I do not ultimately depend on military reign for the preservation of God's will. And, I don't think anyone here does, I'm just saying.