Obeying Government

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly! I remember after the Boston Marathon bombing, the police were hunting for the terrorist on the loose and told people of a small Massachusetts town to shelter in place while they churched house to house. This is good governance, acting in the safety of the people.

I frequently go up to LEO and tell them Blue Lives Matter and how grateful I am for their service. The thin blue line is a tough job and I thank God they do it.

Injecting Black people with syphilis, not treating them so they can see what happens, like in the Muskegee Project; not so much.

Interestingly sir, I actually had a friend who ran in that marathon, and it was difficult in getting ahold of him after seeing the news, phone lines were overloaded. He had completed the course and was back in his hotel room when it happened. What are the odds? I had a neighbor who lived 2 blocks away that was injured a half a world away in a hotel bombing, time and place Ecc 9:11

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus advocate that his followers engage in politics and work to change the governing authorities?
People in party and/or office positions are still people. Especially those leaders who are Christian believers should respond to rebuke.

There is nothing wrong with addressing neighbors in Christ, or offering rebuke to fellow believers, following:
Matthew 18:15-20
James 5:16
Matthew 5:44
For the sake of mutual corrections
and restoring good faith relations by
agreeing in Christ to establish God's truth.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a wonderful straw man you have there. :rolleyes:
Dear @Michael1985
Another member had recommended I follow you.

I ran into a major wall with Romans 13
dividing Christians who believe all govt is Mammon Satan Antichrist or another Master before God. They only want Christ and no other rulers.

I meant to post a thread on this but it is weird to explain why these Christians reject others as Statists just for tolerating govt.

I understand not forcing it through govt.
But voluntary use of govt for civil service is not in conflict. To them, yes, it is still putting man before God.

Can I please ask you more about how
to deal with "strawman" arguments.

I appreciate your help.
It is something to do with Romans 13.
But maybe God put blinders on and wants
Some people to abstain from govt
To teach from different angle?

Have you run into this before???

Thank you,
Emily

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians I come across in general tend to use the scripture of Paul in Romans 13 that we must obey Government in regards to our churches being closed and being locked up at home in lockdowns and taking these vaccines etc.

My question is what will those of you who hold to this doctrine as truth do when ALL NATIONS command that we worship satan and take his mark?
Obviously not receive it, assuming we were to be here at the time.

Much love!