On what day to you rest?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ActionJackson

Oct 31, 2008
God rested on the 7th day. This was long before He gave the Law to Moses and wrote the 10 Commandments in stone. We are to keep the Sabbath day holy. What day of the week do you rest your body, mind, soul, and spirit?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ActionJackson;62584)
God rested on the 7th day. This was long before He gave the Law to Moses and wrote the 10 Commandments in stone. We are to keep the Sabbath day holy. What day of the week do you rest your body, mind, soul, and spirit?
I rest NONE of these days according to the poll. Lord Jesus Christ is my Sabbath, and I rest in Him everyday, not just a single day. And that is the true biblical meaning.P.S. God is always right.

ActionJackson

Oct 31, 2008
(Jordan;62594)
I rest NONE of these days according to the poll. Lord Jesus Christ is my Sabbath, and I rest in Him everyday, not just a single day. And that is the true biblical meaning. P.S. God is always right.
So your answer is "Other." Is God right when He commands us to rest as found in the 4th Commandment? Was God right when He rested on the 7th day after creation was complete? Is Jesus Christ God, the Word made flesh? If so, did He not rest after He created the Heavens and the earth? Why did God rest and why did He command us to rest if He didn't really mean it?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ActionJackson;62605)
(Jordan;62594)
I rest NONE of these days according to the poll. Lord Jesus Christ is my Sabbath, and I rest in Him everyday, not just a single day. And that is the true biblical meaning.P.S. God is always right.
So your answer is "Other." Is God right when He commands us to rest as found in the 4th Commandment? Was God right when He rested on the 7th day after creation was complete? Is Jesus Christ God, the Word made flesh? If so, did He not rest after He created the Heavens and the earth? Why did God rest and why did He command us to rest if He didn't really mean it?Is Lord Jesus Christ God? (John 1:1)Is He the Word made flesh? (John 1:14)Did He rest after He created the Heavens and the Earth? (Genesis 2:1-2) To be more specific, (II Peter 3:8)...Matthew 12:8 - For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.Mark 2:28 - Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.Luke 6:5 - And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.Therefore so this verse out to say it. Of course I know you are not judging, but still...Colossians 2:16 - Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ActionJackson;62607)
Not really an answer but that's okay.
I'm just saying I rest everyday in Him, not on just a man-made Sabbath.

ActionJackson

Oct 31, 2008
(Jordan;62608)
Resting in Jesus Christ is a good thing to do and we should seek Him daily. However, the Sabbath is God-made. He wrote the 4th Commandment down in stone. Man didn't command that God should rest after creation was complete. Genesis2:2-3, "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."[/COLOR] Exodus20:8-11, "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it." The Sabbath is much more than just a "man-made" day. The word "Sabbath" mean an intermission.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ActionJackson;62612)
(Jordan;62608)
Resting in Jesus Christ is a good thing to do and we should seek Him daily. However, the Sabbath is God-made. He wrote the 4th Commandment down in stone. Man didn't command that God should rest after creation was complete. Genesis2:2-3, "And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."[/COLOR] Exodus20:8-11, "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it." The Sabbath is much more than just a "man-made" day. The word "Sabbath" mean an intermission.Why did God say this?Isaiah 1:13 - [COLOR="Orange]Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.And Christ saying this?Mark 2:28 - And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:(Christina;62622)
Christ is my Sabbath (rest) I rest in him everyday
Great post.
biggrin.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Yes, but men has profane the Sabbath with their traditions of men... Added so many rules onto the Sabbath that it became like useless, so Christ is and my Sabbath. I rest in Him everday.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
(ActionJackson;62605)
So your answer is "Other." Is God right when He commands us to rest as found in the 4th Commandment? Was God right when He rested on the 7th day after creation was complete? Is Jesus Christ God, the Word made flesh? If so, did He not rest after He created the Heavens and the earth? Why did God rest and why did He command us to rest if He didn't really mean it?
Action jacksonWasnt it true the jews that kept the sabbath never recieved rest?

Byron-AW

Oct 22, 2008
Sunday."But Sunday is the day on which we all hold our common assembly, because it is the first day on which God, having wrought a change in the darkness and matter, made the world; and Jesus Christ our Savior on the same day rose from the dead" (First Apology 67 [A.D. 155]).

ToolOfHis

Nov 1, 2008
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've always tried taking Sunday as my day of rest. I think it depends on you and the Lord, just as long as you spend a day resting and having fellowship with the Lord. While dairy farming I couldn't always have Sunday off so I fellowshiped on my day off. I think the most importaint thing is take a day and spend it on learning more about the Lord and his Holy Word.Tool

ActionJackson

Oct 31, 2008
(Jordan;62635)
Yes, but men has profane the Sabbath with their traditions of men... Added so many rules onto the Sabbath that it became like useless, so Christ is and my Sabbath. I rest in Him everday.
I'm not saying that the Sabbath should be observed as the Pharisees observed it. I'm saying that we should keep it as God intended that we should and we should follow His example. God, Himself, followed His own Law. Was He wrong in so doing?

Sasha

Jul 27, 2008
A Pope 12 or 13 hundred years ago changed the Sabbath from Sat to Sun. Sunday was a pagan holiday because they worshiped the sun. And the Catholics wanted……..well to put it bluntly, they wanted their money too. The Jewish calendar is a 360 day calendar year. Ours is a 365 day calendar year. In the days of Adam and Eve and the days of Noah it used to take 360 days for the earth to go completely around the sun. The earth had slowed down and it now takes 365 ¼ days for the earth to go completely around the sun. So every 4th year we add a day to make up the ¼th day each year, and it was added to February because it is the shortest month of the day. So, if you were to go by the Jewish calendar the Sabbath will always be on Saterday.If you follow Jesus Christ then Saturday is the true Sabbath Day. The day God set aside for us to rest. Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it holy.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Sasha;62983)
A Pope 12 or 13 hundred years ago changed it from Sat to Sun. Sunday was a pagan holiday because they worshiped the sun. And the Catholics wanted……..well to put it bluntly, they wanted their money too. In the days of Adam and Eve and the days of Noah it used to take 360 days for the earth to go completely around the sun. The earth had slowed down and it now takes 365 ¼ days for the earth to go completely around the sun. So every 4th year we add a day to make up the ¼th day each year, and it was added to February because it is the shortest month of the day.If you follow Jesus Christ then Saturday is the true Sabbath Day. The day God set aside for us to rest. Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it holy.
I follow Christ and He is my Sabbath and I REST in Him everyday.

Sasha

Jul 27, 2008
That's wonderful, there's nothing wrong with that. We should all learn to rest in Him everyday in every situation. But, there is still a Sabbath Day we should remember.

ActionJackson

Oct 31, 2008
(Sasha;62986)
That's wonderful, there's nothing wrong with that. We should all learn to rest in Him everyday in every situation. But, there is still a Sabbath Day we should remember.
Thanks Sasha. Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior and we should seek His presence in our lives daily. Not too sure who or how He was substituted as a Sabbath but it goes to show how important it is to follow biblical doctrine rather than the doctrines of men. There is no biblical evidence that God changed His mind and rescinded His 4th Commandment. God changes not!

chrissy

Nov 26, 2008
I agree with Action Jackson. I recognize the sabbath on a Saturday as well. Why does your calendar start the week off with a Sunday? (not the main reason why I recognize it on Saturday) God gave us a commandment, we follow it. Regardless of what we may or may not understand. God understands why, and has his reasons for what he commanded. Its stated we work six days and rest on the seventh. That is to be followed.

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
God says in Hebrews 4:5, “They shall not enter MY rest.” God's rest is the Jubilee. It is the highest of the three Sabbath-rests and the most important, because it represents the cancellation of all debt (liability for sin). Verses 6-9 then reads, 6 Since therefore it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly had good news preached to them failed to enter because of disobedience, 7 He again fixes a certain day, “Today,” saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before, “Today if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.” 8 For if Joshua [ Jesus, or Yeshua] had given them rest, He would not have spoken of another day after that. 9 There remains therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God. The Sabbath rest that yet remains for us is the Jubilee, which, in a way, is the preparation day for the feast of Tabernacles. These three Sabbaths overlay upon the three primary feast days: Passover, Pentecost, and Tabernacles. When one is justified by faith in the blood of the Lamb (Passover), one enters God's first-level “rest.” When one is filled with the Spirit (Pentecost), one enters God's second-level “rest.” When we receive the glorified, immortal body, leaving our old inheritance to dwell in a “booth” made of living branches, we enter into God's rest (level three). It is the level of rest that God intended for us from the beginning. Historically speaking, when we view the progression of the Kingdom on a time line, it works like this: Israel never kept a Jubilee or a land-rest Sabbath prior to the time of Ezra.Each year that they missed, they owed God one year as a sin-debt. By the 38th year of David, Israel owed God 62 rest years and 8 Jubilees, or a total of 70 years. God then foreclosed upon the debt. First, He had David number the people without collecting the half-shekel atonement money (2 Sam. 24; Ex. 30:11-13), to remove the protection that they enjoyed when Moses had collected the atonement money during the previous census in the wilderness. In David's day, then, 70,000 men of Israel were killed in the plague—a thousand for each rest year that Israel owed God. Apparently, the people still did not learn their lesson, for their time-debt grew again to 70 years by the time of the Babylonian captivity. God then sent them into captivity for 70 years specifically because they had refused to keep their Sabbaths. 2 Chron. 36:21 tells us this: 21 to fulfill the word of the Lord by the mouth of Jeremiah, until the land had enjoyed its Sabbaths. All the days of its desolation it kept Sabbath until seventy years were complete. We are not told if they kept their weekly Sabbaths or not, but the time-debt accrued on account of their refusal to keep their land rests and Jubilees. By the time the people were taken to Babylon, they owed God seventy years. When the people returned from the Babylonian captivity, they began to keep their land-rest years, as history shows. But even so, they refused to keep their Jubilees, showing the truth of Hebrews 4:9, “There remains therefore a Sabbath rest for the people of God.” It is the Jubilee (and the feast of Tabernacles) that remains to be fulfilled. The fulfillment of this “rest” or Sabbath is explained in Hebrews 4:10 and 11, 10 For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. Logabe