Once Saved Always Saved (Osas) Is It Supported By God's Holy Word? Pt. 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eccl.12:13

Aug 28, 2010

God IS Fair!

Ezek.18
[20] The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Now we know what a sinner is. It is one that breaks the laws of God, which, according to God's inspired word, ALL have done. And the scriptures says he that sinneth shall die. Understand the death spoken of here is the second death. Now let's read what happens if the sinner turns from his ways, and stops breaking God's laws, or stop sinning;

[21] But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

[22] All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live.

So the sinner can change his fate, as long as he is alive that is. If he stops breaking Gods laws none of his transgressions will even be mentioned.

Now let's see if there is a flip side to this. Let's read what happens to the righteous when they stop keeping God’s laws;

[24] But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.

So all of the good things a righteous person does can be wiped away and counted for nothing if he begins to sin. And does he have the chance to redeem himself? Let's read;

[26] When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die.

Just like the sinner, if the once righteous dies in his sins, he shall die the second death.

This goes hand in hand with what God told Moses;

“Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book.”

Gods ways are fair and equal for both sinner and righteous, just as He says in His word.

Now some may want to still believe that they know they are saved, and once they are, they always will be, but let's read some verses to see if a NT person thought the same way.

First let’s read what Jesus had to say to some that THOUGHT they were saved.

Matt.7
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Now let’s read what some of these well meaning people did…

[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

First understand just when, “That day” is! This day the Lord speaks of is Judgment day. And it is at this time they find out their fate. Notice they did what THEY thought they should be doing. But what does Jesus tell them? Let’s read….

[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Jesus tells them all of what they thought was right was in vain. Let’s now read from Jesus own mouth what will give eternal life….

Matt.19
[17] And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Now let's read what Paul had to say about the possibility of him NOT making it into God's kingdom;

1Cor.9
[27] But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

So even Paul realized that it was possible for him to blow the mission and miss the mark, if he did not keep his body under subjection. So we find that Paul didn’t even consider his salvation guaranteed.

Let’s read a few more things Paul had to say about salvation…

Heb.10
[26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
[27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Paul tells us if we sin willfully after having received all of those things he mentioned earlier in chap.6, enlightenment, the good word of God and the Holy Ghost, there is no more sacrifice. Jesus did it one time and one time only.

The only thing that can remove the curse of death for breaking God’s laws is the shedding of blood;

"And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission." Heb.9:22

Jesus died for all of our PAST sins. If we continue to sin willfully, after coming into the knowledge of God’s word, the only thing that remains is, "...a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries."

God’s law says blood MUST be shed for the remission of sins. We can accept Jesus blood/grace as payment, or we can give ours; either way God is going to require someone’s blood. The gift is there for the taking....the choice is ours whether or not we will accept Jesus free gift.

Paul says it again here;

Heb.6
[4] For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
[5] And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
[6] If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
[8] But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

What the scripture is saying is;

For those that have been enlightened, tasted of the heavenly gift and partakers of the Holy Ghost, if any of these should fall away, it is impossible to renew them again unto repentance, since they have decided to attempt to crucify Christ again, and put what He did to shame, then your end shall be death.

Conclusion

So there you have it.

If a person dies and their name is in God’s book of life they will, “…inherit all
things…”! For those that die, having done something to have their name removed,
they will be, “…cast into the lake of fire…”!

God says these will be the ones who names are blotted out, “Whosoever hath sinned against me, him will I blot out of my book;”

And what is sin? “Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.”

The sinner can stop sinning and receive eternal life. “But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.”

The righteous can stop being righteous and die the second death. “But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die.”

If you continue to sin after coming into the knowledge of God’s word there is no more sacrifice. Jesus is not going to die for you again. “For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,”

Once you have been enlightened and choose to turn away you cannot be renewed, "For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame, But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned."

Nobody finds out until, “…the books were opened…” No one knows for sure until, “That day”

If a name that has been removed is not replaced before they die the lake of fire will be what they inherit!

Once Saved Always Saved……is just not supported by God‘s word !!!!!!!!!!!