Once Save Always Saved / Eternal Security is in the Word, i.e in Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
-- He (Christ) alone possesses immortality and lives in unapproachable light, whom no human has ever seen or is able to see. To him be honor and eternal power! Amen. --- 1 Timothy 6:15-16.

-- "For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has given to the Son to have life within Himself" -- John 5:26

-- "I am the First and the Last, and the Living One, and I became dead, and behold, I am alive for ever and ever, Amen. And I have the keys of hades and of death." -- Revelation 1:17-18.

"The Word was in the beginning with God. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men." (John 1:2 & 4).

John 1:4 states that life is in the Word of God. It follows that eternal life | immortality is in Christ alone.

John 1:14 states that the Word became a human being and lived among us. This is Christ.

Both Genesis 2:7 and John 3:8 speak of the Spirit of God breathing His (eternal) life into man, but God alone has life in Himself.

Therefore to say that Christians will be "given immortality" with the resurrection of the body from the dead is a statement that expresses only half the truth. The other (most important) half is what you see underlined in the quote below:

"And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that has the Son has life; and he that has not the Son of God has not life." -- 1 John 5:11-12.

Only in the Word is life. (John 1:4).

Our immortality is in Christ, the Creator, who alone possesses immortality according to the scriptures, and who alone has life in Himself, according to the scriptures. (1 Timothy 6:16; John 5:26).

God said to Adam:

"Of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof dying you will die." (Genesis 2:17, literal translation from the Hebrew).

It implies that Adam (the creature) did not have immortality in himself, and this therefore gives us the knowledge that we do not have - and can never have - immortality | eternal life in ourselves.

It teaches us that if we do not abide in the Word of God, then we will die.

"You will not surely die" is a lie from the beginning:

"If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered. And they gather and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done to you." -- John 15:6-7.

"And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that has the Son has life; and he that has not the Son of God has not life." -- 1 John 5:11-12.

Our immortality is not, and never will be in ourselves, any more than Adam's was when he believed the words "You shall not surely die." The immortality that we put on, which is mentioned in 1 Corinthians 15:53-54, is Christ's immortality that we share in through His Spirit (the breath of God).

So let's consider what Adam knew before he believed the lie:

Adam knew the Word of God. God spoke it Adam directly. So Adam knew perfectly well that the words "You will not surely die" was a direct contradiction to what God had said, and the assertion of the serpent implied that God's words ".. you will surely die", were a lie.

ADAM'S MOTIVE

What was Adam's motive for rejecting the Word of God?

".. For God ['ĕlôhîym] does know that in the day all of you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and all of you shall be as gods ['ĕlôhîym], knowing good and evil." -- Genesis 3:5.

It has to do with wanting to make oneself like the Most High, as in Isaiah 14:14's reference to the king of Babylon:

"I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."

Only God has everlasting life in Himself. Satan's first lie was that Adam & Eve would not die.

"Once saved always saved" / eternal security is in Christ. Eternal life is in the Word.

"If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered. And they gather and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done to you." -- John 15:6-7.

It does not depend on those who believe in Christ, because we cannot earn it - but it's found in the Word, that is, in Christ.

Being alive in our resurrected bodies is not going to change this. Adam was immortal, yet he died.​

So what could possibly be a motive for someone who knows the truth choosing to follow a lie? We only need to consider three things:

1. Adam's motive.
2. The fact that Satan is cunning, subtle and crafty.
3. The fact that God permitted Satan to test immortal humans who had eternal life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our immortality is in Christ, the Creator, who alone possesses immortality according to the scriptures, and who alone has life in Himself, according to the scriptures. (1 Timothy 6:16; John 5:26).​
God is the source of life. In giving us His live in perpetuity we indeed have been given Eternal Life and so have Eternal Life. The real question is, Have we really paid the price to receive this gift?

It does cost something to prove you've accepted full responsibility for your decision. But once you've made that decision, and it's irrevocable, you do have Eternal Life, in my opinion.

Some people receive Christ with their mind, and even devote themselves to his cause, and all without paying the full price. They fall away when the time of testing comes, because they only received his benefits, his knowledge, his power, his gifts. But they didn't receive him fully, or they would remain with him.

You can know if you've truly committed fully to him. You will not be perfect, but you will know that you've cast your fate upon him.

The better you choose to live your life in him, the more assurance you will have. Many on the fence secretly hope that God will forgive them for their waywardness, and they may in fact receive mercy. We'll let God decide?

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It does cost something to prove you've accepted full responsibility for your decision. But once you've made that decision, and it's irrevocable, you do have Eternal Life, in my opinion.

Some people receive Christ with their mind, and even devote themselves to his cause, and all without paying the full price. They fall away when the time of testing comes, because they only received his benefits, his knowledge, his power, his gifts. But they didn't receive him fully, or they would remain with him.

You can know if you've truly committed fully to him. You will not be perfect, but you will know that you've cast your fate upon him.

The better you choose to live your life in him, the more assurance you will have. Many on the fence secretly hope that God will forgive them for their waywardness, and they may in fact receive mercy. We'll let God decide?
I disagree with this, firstly because salvation is all of Christ, from start to finish (Philippians 1:6) and what you say above makes faith in Christ alone (John 3:18; 1 John 5:4-5): not enough, but instead includes human effort.

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith.
5 Who is he that overcomes the world, but he that believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
-- John 5

The fruit of the Spirit is produced through abiding in Him through faith in Him and in His Word, not through self-effort (John 15:4-5):

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can all of you, except all of you abide in me.
5 I am the vine, all of you are the branches: He that abides in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for without me all of you can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
-- John 15

In other words, it does not depend on us, i.e on "the better we choose to live our life for him" but on Him, His faithfulness to His Word and through our faith in His Word, because God's Word is truth.

Good works flow from that faith in Him and in His Word. Not the other way around. To say that "It does cost the believer something "to prove you've accepted full responsibility for your decision" is adding human effort to Christ's finished work, and the one who does this is proving nothing except His lack of belief (faith) in the Word of God and the finished work of Christ.​

God is the source of life. In giving us His live in perpetuity we indeed have been given Eternal Life and so have Eternal Life. The real question is, Have we really paid the price to receive this gift?

Christ paid the price, according to the scripture. The blood of Christ and the empty tomb proves it, Randy. Nothing we (you) can do and nothing else will ever prove that you belong to Him and that you are saved if you believe. There is nothing more that we can add to it. Nothing - because Christ died for us while we were sinners, and that is what saved us.

Good works produced through faith in Christ alone are the fruit of the Spirit, the fruit of the Vine, not of ourselves.

Our self-efforts at producing the right works "to prove we are saved" do nothing for us, and prove nothing as pertaining to whether or not we are saved because we are saved only by grace through faith in Christ and in HIS works.

Only God possesses eternal life in Himself, according to the scripture. The creature does not and never will possess eternal life in himself. God breathes (Spirit) eternal life into the creature who was made in His own image and likeness, who remains in Him through faith in His Word, and it's continuous in perpetuity to those who abide in Him, in His Word, and it's through faith in His Word, in Whom is (eternal) life.

Only in the Word is life, which is why He tells us we must abide in Him because the one who does not, will be cast forth as a branch and will wither and die, just as Adam did. This is the only way that God gives (His) eternal life to those who are in Christ through faith in Him, who is the Word of God become human. The creature does not and never will possess eternal life in himself. Only the Son of God possesses eternal life in Himself.

God shares the eternal life that He alone possesses with the one who abides in His Word, who is Christ, but eternal life does not become our possession. Such a thing is impossible for the creature, because we are not God, and we are not Gods. It is God who gives us eternal life, and this life is in His Word. If we do not abide in Him, we will die, just as Adam did. There is a second death, according to the scripture. It's possible to be twice dead, according to the scripture (Jude 1:12). It can only happen to those who do not abide in the Word of God, in Whom alone is (eternal) life.​

Last edited:

PGS11

Jun 7, 2011
Winnipeg
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Remember Jesus died for every last one of your sins and every sin your going to commit if he doesn't your salvation is lost..How seriously do you take that do you just keep piling them on his back without a thought?If you have faith in Jesus you will fight the battle against sin.If you don't then just what do you really believe?Every last person is going to sin and sin again its impossible not to in this life but the battle must be fought by the faithful.If your faithful you will battle the sin in your life because you know they all end up on Jesus's back.
You can't earn salvation you can't purchase salvation and you can't raise yourself from the dead it is 100% Jesus you can do nothing and you will always be a sinner.

Rightglory

Jun 20, 2012
West Palm Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-- He (Christ) alone possesses immortality and lives in unapproachable light, whom no human has ever seen or is able to see. To him be honor and eternal power! Amen. --- 1 Timothy 6:15-16.

-- "For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has given to the Son to have life within Himself" -- John 5:26

-- "I am the First and the Last, and the Living One, and I became dead, and behold, I am alive for ever and ever, Amen. And I have the keys of hades and of death." -- Revelation 1:17-18.

"The Word was in the beginning with God. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men." (John 1:2 & 4).

John 1:4 states that life is in the Word of God. It follows that eternal life | immortality is in Christ alone.

John 1:14 states that the Word became a human being and lived among us. This is Christ.

Both Genesis 2:7 and John 3:8 speak of the Spirit of God breathing His (eternal) life into man, but God alone has life in Himself.

Therefore to say that Christians will be "given immortality" with the resurrection of the body from the dead is a statement that expresses only half the truth. The other (most important) half is what you see underlined in the quote below:

Only in the Word is life. (John 1:4).

Our immortality is in Christ, the Creator, who alone possesses immortality according to the scriptures, and who alone has life in Himself, according to the scriptures. (1 Timothy 6:16; John 5:26).

God said to Adam:

"Of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof dying you will die." (Genesis 2:17, literal translation from the Hebrew).

It implies that Adam (the creature) did not have immortality in himself, and this therefore gives us the knowledge that we do not have - and can never have - immortality | eternal life in ourselves.

It teaches us that if we do not abide in the Word of God, then we will die.

"You will not surely die" is a lie from the beginning:

Our immortality is not, and never will be in ourselves, any more than Adam's was when he believed the words "You shall not surely die." The immortality that we put on, which is mentioned in 1 Corinthians 15:53-54, is Christ's immortality that we share in through His Spirit (the breath of God).

So let's consider what Adam knew before he believed the lie:

Adam knew the Word of God. God spoke it Adam directly. So Adam knew perfectly well that the words "You will not surely die" was a direct contradiction to what God had said, and the assertion of the serpent implied that God's words ".. you will surely die", were a lie.

ADAM'S MOTIVE

What was Adam's motive for rejecting the Word of God?

".. For God ['ĕlôhîym] does know that in the day all of you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and all of you shall be as gods ['ĕlôhîym], knowing good and evil." -- Genesis 3:5.

It has to do with wanting to make oneself like the Most High, as in Isaiah 14:14's reference to the king of Babylon:​
Wanting to make oneself like God, (likeness) is what man was created to do. However, He was created to do this with God. Adam chose to attain it by himself.

"I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High."

Only God has everlasting life in Himself. Satan's first lie was that Adam & Eve would not die.

"Once saved always saved" / eternal security is in Christ. Eternal life is in the Word.

It does not depend on those who believe in Christ, because we cannot earn it - but it's found in the Word, that is, in Christ.​
You contradicted yourself above "If any does not abide in Me does not square with your following statement, "It does not depend on those who believe.

Being alive in our resurrected bodies is not going to change this. Adam was immortal, yet he died.​
Adam was not created immortal. If so, he would have not been able to sin or die. He was given a commandment to obey. Disobedience brought death/mortality. If he had not sinned and remained faithful in his walk with God he would have attained immortality. Though Christ's resurrection gave life to the world,, all of mankind, this fact would not be manifested until He comes again. I Cor 15:53-54 as you cited, all the dead shall be raised to immortality and incorruptiblity.
So what could possibly be a motive for someone who knows the truth choosing to follow a lie? We only need to consider three things:

1. Adam's motive.
3. The fact that God permitted Satan to test immortal humans who had eternal life.
All three actually. God was testing Adam's willingness to follow or work with Him. Christ restored mankind to that same condition, and all mankind has a choice. Choose eternal life, meaning to be in union with God eternally, or choose death, meaning spiritual separation from God. That test is how faithful you are and remain IN Christ. There is no guarantee any person cannot fall away.

Last edited:

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Berean

Feb 29, 2024
Bronx
www.biblestudentsforum.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures do not support the idea that one cannot lose their salvation, which is the concept of "Once in grace, always in grace" or "Once Saves, Always Saved." Consider the following verses:

JOHN 15:6, "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."

1 CORINTHIANS 9:27, "...but I buffet my body, and bring it into bondage; lest by any means, after that I have preached to others, I myself should be rejected."

HEBREWS 6:6, "...and then fell away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh and put him to an open shame."

HEBREWS 10:26-27, "For if we sin willfully after we receive the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more a sacrifice for sins but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fierceness of fire which shall devour the adversaries."

2 PETER 2:21, "For it were better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than, after knowing it, to turn back from the holy commandment delivered unto them."

1 CORINTHIANS 10:12, "Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed unto himself lest he fall.​

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Wanting to make oneself like God, (likeness) is what man was created to do. However, He was created to do this with God. Adam chose to attain it by himself.
False. Totally misrepresents the scripture. Man was not created to want to make himself in the image & likeness of God. God had already created man in His image and likeness. Nothing further for man to do once he was created. It was wanting to be like God, who has eternal life in Himself that man wanted to do, after hearing the lie: "You will not surely die, but you will be like God".
You contradicted yourself above "If any does not abide in Me does not square with your following statement, "It does not depend on those who believe.
Indeed, believing in Christ does not earn us eternal life. Christ alone earned it, and in Him alone is eternal life. Faith in Christ is the conduit by which His eternal life is bestowed upon us. We do not earn it through faith, so what God imparts (eternal life) does not depend on those who believe, but without faith in Christ, we cannot receive it. So this is why I made it clear that I was speaking about eternal life not depending on those who believe in Christ because it's in Christ, not in the creature, and is imparted by God, we did not, and cannot, and do not earn it.

"Once saved always saved" / eternal security is in Christ. Eternal life is in the Word:

Abiding in Christ does not earn something that Christ earned and that God imparts.
Adam was not created immortal. If so, he would have not been able to sin or die.
What you say above is unbiblical, and is nonsense, and contrary to the scripture. Adam was indeed immortal, and he was immortal ONLY because God breathed eternal life into him WHEN HE WAS CREATED.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Adam was immortal because God breathed eternal life into him.

After he sinned, he died, and God also prevented him from gaining life through the tree of life, which is the Word of God:

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man has become as one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put forth his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever, therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he had been taken. And He drove out the man. And He placed cherubs at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.

Eternal life is in the Word of God. John 1 tells us that. The tree of life is a metaphor. Christ - the Word of God who became flesh - died and rose again as the last Adam in order for God to impart eternal life to mankind again.

If he had not sinned and remained faithful in his walk with God he would have attained immortality.

That's not true. Again you misrepresent what is written. The God who alone possesses eternal life breathed eternal life into the creature, and this is how Adam got immortality. He did not have to attain it.

If Adam had not sinned, he would have been able to maintain the immortality that he already had, because GOD gave it to him when God created him.

No creature, no created being, is able to attain immortality through works of obedience. Only Christ, the Word of God made flesh, the Son of the living God, was able to do that.

The reason why Adam did not have to "attain" immortality is because he was made immortal by God, through God breathing eternal life into him. THIS IS WHAT THE SCRIPTURE SAYS.

Though Christ's resurrection gave life to the world,, all of mankind, this fact would not be manifested until He comes again. I Cor 15:53-54 as you cited, all the dead shall be raised to immortality and incorruptiblity.

Yes. It's already attained by Christ, because He is the last Adam. "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:" -- John 11:25

1. Adam's motive.

All three actually.
Right.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scriptures do not support the idea that one cannot lose their salvation​
Precious friend, how do you explain the following?:

(A1) "God’s SURE Foundation Has THIS SEAL”:

“The LORD Knoweth them that Are HIS!..." (2 Timothy 2:19 KJB), Correct?​

(A2) HOW LONG Has "The LORD KNOWN them That Are HIS Own"?
(Ephesians 1:4-6 KJB) = ALWAYS, Correct?

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

(b) For those who are LOST, how is it That The LORD Said Unto them:

I NEVER Knew you”? (Matthew 7:21-23 KJB) = NEVER, Correct?​

q: How is it that man's doctrine says: "Christ never knew them that He Has always known"?

Just wondering...

Berean

Feb 29, 2024
Bronx
www.biblestudentsforum.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend, how do you explain the following?:

(A1) "God’s SURE Foundation Has THIS SEAL”:

“The LORD Knoweth them that Are HIS!..." (2 Timothy 2:19 KJB), Correct?​

(A2) HOW LONG Has "The LORD KNOWN them That Are HIS Own"?
(Ephesians 1:4-6 KJB) = ALWAYS, Correct?

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

(b) For those who are LOST, how is it That The LORD Said Unto them:

I NEVER Knew you”? (Matthew 7:21-23 KJB) = NEVER, Correct?​

q: How is it that man's doctrine says: "Christ never knew them that He Has always known"?

Just wondering...
And yet you ignore the scriptures I posted to the contrary. In order to understand the subject, you must compare scripture with scripture, you just can't take a verse out of context.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Scriptures do not support the idea that one cannot lose their salvation, which is the concept of "Once in grace, always in grace" or "Once Saves, Always Saved."​

True, and the OP is attempting to show why it is that Jesus said this:

JOHN 15:6, "If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned."

There is a difference between possessing something and it being imparted, i.e between possessing eternal life and immortality,

and eternal life and immortality being imparted. Christ possesses both, and through Christ, God imparts both to those who are in Christ and remain in Christ through their faith in Christ.

Eternal life relates to spirit. Immortality to the body.

-- He (Christ) alone possesses immortality and lives in unapproachable light, whom no human has ever seen or is able to see. To him be honor and eternal power! Amen. --- 1 Timothy 6:15-16, NETfree version.

Most Christians seem to overlook the above two very important statements in scripture, and fail to see that it is related to this statement:

"The Word was in the beginning with God. In Him was (eternal) life [zōḗ], and the (eternal) life [zōḗ] was the light of men." (John 1:2 & 4).

So many Christian Pastors and Teachers go right ahead and teach not only that once eternal life is imparted to us, we cannot lose it through falling away (not abiding in the Vine/Word of God/Christ), but they also teach that once we have been resurrected, we ourselves will possess immortality in ourselves, and after this we can never die.

But it's a lie, and is the very first lie. Only the Creator possesses eternal life in Himself. He breathes His eternal life into the humans He created in His own image, meaning He imparts eternal life to those who abide in His Word by Whom and through Whom we were created,

and it's precisely because of all men ever born, only the Son of God, who is the Word of God in Whom is life, possesses eternal life in Himself, that only the Son of God possesses immortality.

We, the created humans who are created in God's image and likeness, receive what is imparted by God through faith in His Word, who is Christ. This is why if we do not abide in the Vine, we will be cast forth as branches, and will wither and die.

Adam was not created possessing immortality in himself. God breathed (eternal) life into Adam. It's only the Word made flesh who possesses immortality in Himself because He possesses eternal life in Himself.

It was through God's breathing into Adam the eternal life that only God possesses in Himself that Adam became a living soul, the word "living" in that sentence in Genesis having to do with eternal life.

Christ came to undo the death that came to Adam when he stopped abiding in the Word which ended with the words ".. you will surely die" and turned instead to believing the words which said, "You will not surely die."
Adam was immortal before he died because of the eternal life God had breathed into him, but Adam did not possess immortality in himself, so he died. The creature's immortality will never be something we possess in ourselves. It's imparted.

This is extremely important to properly understand the second death spoken about in the Revelation - because Adam's death was the first death. The first death spread to all humans, because all sinned.

Christ - the last Adam - IS the resurrection from the dead, and the (eternal) life - the Word of God in Whom is life, who became flesh.

The second death mentioned in the Revelation can only take place in an individual who has already been resurrected from the first death - and it will prove yet again that the created human being's eternal life is what God breathes into us / imparts, and the immortality we experience after resurrection from the first death is not something that we will possess in ourselves, any more than Adam did.

All humans will be resurrected from the first death. Some of the resurrected ones will go on remaining in Christ forever, some will experience the second death - because immortality is not the possession of created humans.​

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
A Born Again has been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed that liveth and “ ABIDETH “ forever.

So,no, if you have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed...you can NEVER lose your salvation.

Spirit gives birth to spirit....we cannot be un - birthed..once a Born Again child Of God...Always a spiritual child of the most High

We are Born Again in the Spirit...not by the understanding of the human intellect...

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 11:20 That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you.

Reactions: Zao is life

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
A Born Again has been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed that liveth and “ ABIDETH “ forever.

So,no, if you have been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed...you can NEVER lose your salvation.

Spirit gives birth to spirit....we cannot be un - birthed..once a Born Again child Of God...Always a spiritual child of the most High

We are Born Again in the Spirit...not by the understanding of the human intellect...
You are not the imperishable / incorruptible seed which gave you new birth. The creature is not the Creator who created us. Such a notion is blasphemous.

So yes, you can lose your salvation.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are not the imperishable / incorruptible seed which gave you new birth. The creature is not the Creator who created us. Such a notion is blasphemous.

So yes, you can lose your salvation.
I am Born Again by the “ SPIRIT “ of GOD...I did not say that I was the imperishable seed, please read my post correctly, ..

The seed of God is what we receive into our heart/ spirit..when he births us in the Spirit, “ Spirit gives birth to spirit “..that “ Liveth and Abideth FOREVER...the seed is the Living Holy Spirit...who births our spirit into His...Spirit gives birth to spirit.

A Born Again can NEVER be un - birthed from the Spirit of God...NEVER EVER...we have been saved from eternal damnation..

As a Born Again has been chosen and predestined to become a child of the most High.

We are Gods Spiritual Children...who he uses for His own purpose and plan.

The seed is what births us ...not your understanding of scripture.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Born Again can NEVER be un - birthed from the Spirit of God...NEVER EVER...we have been saved from eternal damnation..
Give us even one passage in scripture that says that, or even suggests that. It is not there. That is from you, not from God's written word.

Rom 11:20 That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I am Born Again by the “ SPIRIT “ of GOD...I did not say that I was the imperishable seed, please read my post correctly, ..

The seed of God is what we receive into our heart/ spirit..when he births us in the Spirit, “ Spirit gives birth to spirit “..that “ Liveth and Abideth FOREVER...the seed is the Living Holy Spirit...who births our spirit into His...Spirit gives birth to spirit.

As a Born Again has been chosen and predestined to become a child of the most High.

We are Gods Spiritual Children...who he uses for His own purpose and plan.

The seed is what births us ...not your understanding of scripture.
The Word is what gives us everlasting life. Not your understanding of scripture. If you do not abide in Him, you will die. Please read my post correctly.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One must understand from the heart/ spirit, what being Born Again of imperishable seed means...you cannot read and understand the Living seed of God in the human intellect.

The seed of God is His Living Holy Spirit....once Spirit gives birth to spirit...it can NEVER be undone...therefore as His word says....a Born Again has been Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed, that LIVETH and ABIDETH FOREVER....the Spirit LIVETH and ABIDETH FOREVER in the HEART of HIS SPIRITUAL CHILD....not in the human intellect...Never ever will His Spirit leave our spirit...we have been saved from eternal damnation..once we have received that very,very PRECIOUS seed into our heart, where it will grow and flourish because it was planted by God’s Living Spirit..
My opinion/ testimony/ belief..100%.

1 Peter 1:23
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

New Living Translation
For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.

English Standard Version
since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God;

Berean Standard Bible
For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

Berean Literal Bible
having been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, by the living and abiding word of God,

King James Bible
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Word is what gives us everlasting life. Not your understanding of scripture. If you do not abide in Him, you will die. Please read my post correctly.
The Living Spirit Of God...is what gives us life.

We abide in Him because we have been Born Again of imperishable seed...that can never ever wither or die..

We were grafted into the true vine...when Spirit gives birth to spirit.

The Holy Spirit is who keeps us abiding in the true vine...because we have been Born Again of imperishable seed...

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One needs to understand that God is a “ Living Spirit “ He is very much Alive in Spirit...just as His word says..

One must know that in their heart....God is a God Of Pure Love...there is no sin in God’s Spirit...there is none like him...it’s an Honour and Privilege to be a child of God...and being made into the image of Jesus...

An amazing Honour...All Glory To The Most High!!.