One last question!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think THEN is when he gets to heaven. For now though, as he says in the next verse, it is faith, hope and love that abide.
Which heaven is that and when is a man able to enter in...?

Joh 3:13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven
It seems that Jesus was from [one] heaven but was already in [another] heaven.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you believe that pitting one man's view against another man's view, even though both of them are gospel preachers, will result in you knowing God's view? Try again!

Joh 14:26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Ro 8:13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Ro 8:14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Praise God!!.....Amen!!..excellent!

Reactions: amadeus

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true......the Holy Spirit has shown me much....a Born Again is a child of God....we are led by the Spirit....I think it is you who needs to do the studying.

You obviously don’t know that Gods word is Alive and Active.....he speaks to his children, via the Spirit.......our Faith is Alive it’s not dead....

Spirit gives birth to spirit.....

I hope God gives you revelation...that his Spirit is Alive in His children....he testifies that to our spirit every day..that we are his children......via his Spirit.
That is too much Pentecostalism that can be ever gleaned from God's word.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As I say...if you had seen what God has shown me, no one would believe it...it’s between God and myself....it just reinforces my faith.....Praise His Holy Name!!..

Oh yeah of little faith....praying that God increases your faith...

And that he reveals to your heart, that his word is Alive and Active....

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He has. It is called the Bible.
Revelation comes from the heart of God....Spirit gives birth to spirit.

It’s a Living birth.....all done via his Living Holy Spirit..

A testifying with our spirit that we are his children.

He speaks to the heart....not the head...from the heart it’s then relayed to the mind....Praise God.

God lives in the heart..via his Spirit.....not the head......it must come from the Spirit of God...not head knowledge...that won’t save anyone from eternal damnation.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I heard one preacher that teaches eternal security refute Ro 8:13 saying sometimes when Christians live in sin the Lord takes them home to be with Him in Heaven.

Ever here that explanation?

Notice the verse by Paul says...." if you LIVE according to the flesh".

He didnt say -"If you believe, according to the flesh""" so, let me explain that one first.

1.) Believers are captured by "doctrines of devils"... Hebrews 13:9, because their BELIEF in Christ, is deformed.
Is not matured.... In other words.... unless you understand that God SAVED YOU, (JESUS's Sacrifice) = that God accepts on your behalf, ALSO keeps you saved, then you fall into a deformed, malformed, "fallen from GRACE" .. belief system in your mind, whereby, you dont believe that God keeps you SAVED, exactly the same way (Through Christ) That He saved you.
You wont believe that...

Reader, The devil has created many cults that try to get you out of real faith and into this deformed semi-unbelief, and once you are there, you are stuck in a mind blindness that can't see The Cross of Christ... as the only reason WHY your are accepted by God.

Calvinism.
Catholicism

and other 'ISM"s, will take you from GRACE and TRUST, into "SELF Saving", and "confessing sin", and "commandment keeping", and all sorts of "what i do, to keep me saved"... which is all "believing according to the FLESH" and that is to "fall from Grace".

See, if you don't BELIEVE in your HEART that Jesus who saved you, keeps you saved, then Reader... WHO DOES?

WHO DOES !!
??
?

All that left is YOU, trying to save you, trying to keep yourself saved.
YOU CAN'T !!
That is BROKEN FAITH, deformed faith, its NO FAITH IN Christ... Its GONE.

= "Fallen from Grace". "Bewitched"... ."IN The FLESH".... Paul Teaches in Galatians.

So, the other.... this, "LIVING according to the flesh"...
That is simply to return or to remain in, obvious carnality, and do it willfully.
So, that person is insulting God's Grace by knowingly living in " sinful pleasure", "backslidden"< while understanding that its offending God.
That's a tightrope walk over a death trap.

It Lots of situations, where a born again person is living in willful God offending situations, willfully, and KNOWINGLY.

And what happens, is.... God will Hebrews 12:6 you, and give you time., and then when you keep on with it.... and keep on with it, and do so knowing your are offending God, then in comes the Devil, and you will get "destruction of the Flesh".,which is what Paul is explaining.

See, there is... God's pruning of our inner desires that are a part of us that we can't resolve, and He works on that.... and that comes to all of us..
But this other situation, is not that.. its what Paul is explaining.

If you do a short study on "DEMAS", ... He is one of those.
He "loved this present world" and left the ministry, and his end is not recorded in the bible, but, unless He turned around, then ..... he met Hebrews 9:27, before His time..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rubbish....as Gods word says.

[8] For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Which heaven is that and when is a man able to enter in...?

Joh 3:13And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven
It seems that Jesus was from [one] heaven but was already in [another] heaven.
Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, alpha and omega, In the beginning was the word, he saw Nathanael under the fig tree. Jesus doesn't appear to be bound by time.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, alpha and omega, In the beginning was the word, he saw Nathanael under the fig tree. Jesus doesn't appear to be bound by time.
Even so! For all that we are able to understand about Him, how much is there that we still cannot understand. Consider then this:

1jo 3:2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
How much like him are we now? How much like him are we able to be?

1co 2:9But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation comes from the heart of God....Spirit gives birth to spirit.
Where in the Bible to you read anything about the heart of God.
It’s a Living birth.....all done via his Living Holy Spirit..

A testifying with our spirit that we are his children.
And where in the Bible to you read anything about the Holy Spirit testifying with our spirit about anything.

Seriously, you spout so much stuff that you just make up with no biblical authority whatever. That is not right. Just because you think it and like the sound of it, doesn't make it true.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rubbish....as Gods word says.

[8] For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. [9] For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
I think those verses support what I just said and stand in opposition to what you believe. There is nothing there that speaks to you being taught directly by God or the Holy Spirit apart from the written Word.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now all we gotta figure out is who is it that decides what "correct understanding" is and we'll be all set!
LOL
There is no consensus.

I believe in eternal security.
There is nothing we can do, as a matter of our own free will, to undo what only God could do in the first place.
Even in the case of reprobation, it is God's choice, not ours. And his purpose is to rescue lost sheep.
He leaves the ninety-nine to go find the lost one and bring them back.

Therefore, in reference to salvation, we didn't do it, so we can't undo it.

/

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think those verses support what I just said and stand in opposition to what you believe. There is nothing there that speaks to you being taught directly by God or the Holy Spirit apart from the written Word.
That’s completely ok..as it’s only your opinion.

You have no idea of the power, that is in a Born Again...that power is of the Holy Spirit..who is very much Alive and Active in His children...

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Where in the Bible to you read anything about the heart of God.

Oh my word...God is a Spirit he penetrates the heart/ spirit of his children..he speaks to us via his Spirit.

The heart of God is LOVE...not your beating heart...
And where in the Bible to you read anything about the Holy Spirit testifying with our spirit about anything.

Seriously, you spout so much stuff that you just make up with no biblical authority whatever. That is not right. Just because you think it and like the sound of it, doesn't make it true.
I have posted scripture that God testifies with our spirit that we are his children....

You have so much to learn regarding the “ Living word of God”....

Unfortunately your pride and ignorance has you captive, by the sound of your posts.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Now you explain this scripture ...?

The carnal mind wouldn’t understand this scripture?

As the carnal mind is alienated from God...because they don’t have the Spirit of God?

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my word...God is a Spirit he penetrates the heart/ spirit of his children..he speaks to us via his Spirit.

The heart of God is LOVE...not your beating heart...
The phrase, "the heart of God" does not appear in most English versions. It does appear in the KJV, but improperly so.
I have posted scripture that God testifies with our spirit that we are his children....
You have stated something similar, but you haven't posted any scripture that says that. The Bible doesn't ever speak of God testifying to anything.
You have so much to learn regarding the “ Living word of God”....
I don't think you even know what "the Living word of God" even might mean. Do you even know the one place that phrase appears?
Unfortunately your pride and ignorance has you captive, by the sound of your posts.
Are you sure you are not speaking of yourself there?

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you explain this scripture ...?

The carnal mind wouldn’t understand this scripture?

As the carnal mind is alienated from God...because they don’t have the Spirit of God?

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
I stand corrected by Romans 8:16.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The phrase, "the heart of God" does not appear in most English versions. It does appear in the KJV, but improperly so.

The Heart of God is his Spirit.
You have stated something similar, but you haven't posted any scripture that says that. The Bible doesn't ever speak of God testifying to anything.

I don't think you even know what "the Living word of God" even might mean. Do you even know the one place that phrase appears?

Are you sure you are not speaking of yourself there?
I know exactly what the Living word of God means....how would I know I was Born Again if the Spirit itself hadn’t testified with our spirit that we are his children....that’s the Living word..delivered straight to the heart of his Born Again child.

God testifies all day every day...via his Spirit..that we are his children.

He will NEVER leave or FORSAKE us......NEVER!!!

Last edited: