One last question!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think you even know what "the Living word of God" even might mean. Do you even know the one place that phrase appears?
Are you deliberately trolling.

I have posted scripture countless times...that the word of God is Alive and Active.

Don’t quote me..if you are going to continue to troll.

Hebrews 4:12

New International Version

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think you even know what "the Living word of God" even might mean. Do you even know the one place that phrase appears?
If God’s word isn’t “Living “ how did he make the heaven and the earth?

How did Mary become pregnant...if not by the Living word/ seed of God?​

Matthew 1:18
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit.

New Living Translation
This is how Jesus the Messiah was born. His mother, Mary, was engaged to be married to Joseph. But before the marriage took place, while she was still a virgin, she became pregnant through the power of the Holy Spirit.

English Standard Version
Now the birth of Jesus Christ took place in this way. When his mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child from the Holy Spirit.

Berean Standard Bible
This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged in marriage to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit.

And what is being said here in scripture?

Isaiah 55:11
Audio Crossref Comm Hebrew
Verse (Click for Chapter)
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

New Living Translation
It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.

English Standard Version
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

Berean Standard Bible
so My word that proceeds from My mouth will not return to Me empty, but it will accomplish what I please, and it will prosper where I send it.

King James Bible
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Traveler

Dec 20, 2023
Parksvill
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes it is possible to fall away again.

Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
Heb 6:7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
Heb 6:8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
Also you can keep in mind the parable of the 10 virgins. All waited but only 5 were prepared.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God spoke to your heart/ spirit did he not...I remember your testimony...maybe you can share again...as it may help @JBO .understand.that Gods word is Alive and Active.
Gladly! Thanks.
I hope this is the one you remember.

This is a story worth sharing. At eight years of age I was attending a Summer Bible camp in Wisconsin.
In a morning chapel service the man speaking did as they always did, he gave an invitation to receive Christ.
He asked that all heads be bowed and all eyes closed.
But I found myself peeking to see if any of these "lost sinners" would raise a hand.
At that moment God spoke to me. Though it was a supernatural event, it seemed as natural to me as anything.
I knew who it was and wasn't frightened, or disturbed by it. What I heard was mind-blowing.
It came like a tap on my shoulder. The message clear and direct. "If you think it is so important, why haven't you done it?"
I was speechless. I answered with my feet. I knew the drill. I rose to my feet and pushed my way
to the aisle to go forward before we were even asked to do so.
When I was a young adult I made a connection about this event that had not been apparent to me at the time.
The man who led me to Christ was the son of the man that led my father to the Lord.
A Christian Alliance missionary that went from farm to farm inviting people to Sunday School and
sharing the gospel in the area where my father grew up. Basically in the middle of nowhere.
Such a wonderful mystery, the workings of our great God.

/ cc: @JBO

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
At that moment God spoke to me. Though it was a supernatural event, it seemed as natural to me as anything.
I knew who it was and wasn't frightened, or disturbed by it. What I heard was mind-blowing.
Can completely relate to this and yes..this is the testimony.

Gods word is mind blowing..and yes, even though it was supernatural, it seemed as natural to me as anything, I too knew who it was and I too wasn’t frightened, or disturbed by it.

I can relate to your testimony 100% ..thank you for sharing....

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can completely relate to this and yes..this is the testimony.

Gods word is mind blowing..and yes, even though it was supernatural, it seemed as natural to me as anything, I too knew who it was and I too wasn’t frightened, or disturbed by it.

I can relate to your testimony 100% ..thank you for sharing....
I have a few more Holy Spirit testimonies on this topic. Might be new to you. (posts #7-#8)
Other good testimonies on the topic. (not mine)

My Life Journey through the Lens of My Charismatic Experiences

/ cc: @JBO

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritajanice

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is true it doesn't sound like God is got any common sense at all if He is refusing to make the issue clear.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I'm confident that God knows what He's doing.

Here we go. Pick a verse:

38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:38-39)

or

9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

One of my teachers had a favorite quote: "One of the hallmarks of Christian maturity is to be able to live with ambiguity". I wish I could remember who he was quoting.

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God decides. Who else? Certainly not me. Who is really led by the Spirit as he reads the Bible and who is rather reading and interpreting with his carnal mind? God knows!

In other words we can't really know what correct understanding is.

Sounds like trying to understand the bible is a crap shoot like gambling in vegas.

That is too much Pentecostalism that can be ever gleaned from God's word.

Hoe do you know the Holy Spirit hasn't shown him lots of stuff?

Is it that you disagree with what he says therefore you conclude he's not hearing from the Holy Spirit since you don't approve?

I see lots of Christians saying stuff like this... "you're not hearing from the Lord because I don't agree with what you believe"

It's starting to sounds like it may be best to ignore everyone and just believe whatever you want to believe.

See, if you don't BELIEVE in your HEART that Jesus who saved you, keeps you saved, then Reader... WHO DOES?

That's what I believe!

Smoking weed and having a girlfriend does not stop Jesus from keeping me since all sins have already been forgiven, past, present, and future.

Glad to hear God does it all and we have zero responsibility in any of this!

That's why it's so odd that some claim we have to quit doing certain things. That must be things they don't approve of or something.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you lose your salvation or not?

I keep having people tell me I must do this or that which sounds a lot like they are saying you can't be saved unless you do a bunch of good things.

That makes me think they believe you can lose your salvation.

If you cannot lose your salvation then why is all this other being said?
I think you would lose your salvation if, throughout all eternity, you failed to repent of your sin.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you lose your salvation or not?

I keep having people tell me I must do this or that which sounds a lot like they are saying you can't be saved unless you do a bunch of good things.

That makes me think they believe you can lose your salvation.

If you cannot lose your salvation then why is all this other being said?
You've got no more questions? Is that good?

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the hallmarks of Christian maturity is to be able to live with ambiguity

Sound's like willful ignorance is bliss!

Ambiguity
  1. Doubtfulness or uncertainty as regards interpretation.
  2. Something of doubtful meaning.
    "a poem full of ambiguities."
  3. The state of being ambiguous; doubtfulness or uncertainty, particularly of signification.

4. I think you would lose your salvation if, throughout all eternity, you failed to repent of your sin.
I asked for forgiveness when I got saved so you think God refused to forgive me?

But her forgives all your sins though right? Just not me.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so! God can and does reveal correct understandings to us. His sheep do hear His voice.

Joh 10:2But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out

Sounds like trying to understand the bible is a crap shoot like gambling in vegas.
Be a bit more positive, my friend. Your own carnal mind cannot understand but seeking His kingdom and His righteousness continuously will give us what is needed and then some... but in His time, not ours!

Mt 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

• Love

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Too many contradictions floating around
Again, Welcome to the forum. We welcome many people from different denominations and different views some of them pretty fundamental.

I think part of the issue is that we humans see things as ambiguous or hazy concepts when dealing with matters of the heart. I'm sure you've asked yourself, who am I hurting by smoking weed, or by not being married to your girlfriend.

Well, does not being married open the door for the possibility of unfaithfulness? Are you fearing commitment? If you did break up how would that affect the both of you, now that you have soulbinds tying you to her for the rest of this life. When there is a union between man and woman they are essentially one, and that union connects us even after the fact. This is why the Bible says:

"Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never!"

As for weed, who knows the exact repercussions. But when you smoke it, what is in your heart to do that? Is it addiction? Is it an escape? Who is our master? From who or what do we seek to escape? Do we hate this world in our innermost being? If we do it is because we long for home and wish to shirk off our temporal duty.

So in conclusion I spoke of matters of the heart, that man sees as wishy-washy. God does not see it that way, for him the spiritual and state of our soul is important, perhaps more so than the physical.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

A born again Christian has to start with this verse... and it has to become their Faith.

Hebrews 13:9

What's that verse is teaching......

We come To God, based on Christ's finished work on the Cross.
He DIED so that we can become forgiven all sin, and be made righteous, forever.

So, if you can understand that.. .then understand it like this for best results..

The born again, <>START Finished<>... and that means, the CHRISTian has received "the Gift of Righteousness" which is to become a "new Creation in Christ".
So, that is the Born Again, SPIRIT... that has received the New Birth.
THAT is the "Son/Daughter" of God.

See all that?
ALL of that happened instantly to the sinner who came to the Cross.. BELIEVING..., because they understood...."im a sinner, i need to be saved... =Jesus, save me, .... I Believe that you died for my sins"...

See that FAITH in Christ?

God sees that in your Heart, the instant its REAL..... and He takes that Real FAITH in Christ, and accepts it, and gives you : "The GIFT of Salvation" that i just explained.

So then... you are on Day 2 of being Born again..,. and you have no idea what you are to do, think... all you know is that you came to JESUS and God is now your Heavenly Father is what they told you, if you are dealing with a real Church, or real Minister..

So, NOW What?

Here is the very next step... , and its the most important of all, subsequent to being born again....Read Hebrews 13:9, as it tells you what you have to do with your HEART.

Its says, to "establish your heart with GRACE"..., and then it continues and explains that if you dont do that, right away, then "doctrines of devils", will find you, and deceive you.
How?
Well.....The Mormons, the JW's, the Catholics, the Calvinist's. ... and 40 other "cults' will eventually come and try to take your mind and bend it into their Theology,
They'll twist verses, and lie, and they believe their lies.., and will have you believing them, also.
They WILL..deceive you... if you do not do what Hebrews 13:9 told you to do.
Its not a request.
Its not a debete.
Do what the verse says, or the Cults and their THEOLOGY will trap your mind.

And its so simple, to do what the verse says to do.... and once you do it, once you see it,.... then the CULTs can't get you, and the DEVIL can't use them to get you.

A.) How do you establish your heart with GRACE...

= You simply understand that Jesus who saved you, by dying for your sin, is WHY God took you and will keep you, forever.
You simply understand that Jesus who saved you, by dying for your sin, is WHY God took you and will keep you, forever.
You simply understand that Jesus who saved you, by dying for your sin, is WHY God took you and will keep you, forever.

Now, that sounds like.. "DUH">.. right?
That sounds like..."Christianity 101"... right?

"well behold, who does not believe that"?

A.) About 85% of this Fourm, or any Online "christian" forum.

AA.) about 90% of all Denomination do not believe it.

Really.

And if you dont get your heart of faith into that simple but PROFOUND understanding of GOD's Grace, then a cult or a cult member is going to convince you that you can lose your salvation, and once that is your broken faith, your Christianity, your walk of faith, will be nothing but uncertainty, and worrying about confessing sin, and you wont be able to understand the word of God.... and you'll have a lifetime of zero spiritual power.

Last edited:

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so! God can and does reveal correct understandings to us. His sheep do hear His voice.

And it's ambiguous? Sounds about as clear as mud.

Be a bit more positive, my friend. Your own carnal mind cannot understand but seeking His kingdom and His righteousness continuously will give us what is needed and then some... but in His time, not ours!

So God is holding back understanding and may at some point share that with us sometime in the future?

That sounds very sketchy

Its says, to "establish your heart with GRACE"

And God's grace has forgiven all our sins past, present and future for those that have been saved.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it's ambiguous? Sounds about as clear as mud.

So God is holding back understanding and may at some point share that with us sometime in the future?

That sounds very sketchy
What is faith? You designate yourself as a Christian on this forum and Christians, I believe, are supposed to live for God by faith rather than by knowledge. Knowledge that is needed will come to the believer walking in faith. You will not find knowledge of God and the things of God through human science or logic alone.

Ro 1:17For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Heb 11:1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

• Love