Oneoff

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Textbook isn't relationship. That is the big difference. What I have is a relationship with Jesus Christ. I am a daughter of God. The Bible became a love letter to me rather then a textbook.

It's the biggest and best love story ever told but instead of a romance, it's a Father's love letter to His children as you said. :)

Reactions: Truman

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Father’s Love Letter
My Child,

You may not know me, but I know everything about you. I know when you sit down and when you rise up. I am familiar with all your ways. Even the very hairs on your head are numbered. For you were made in my image. In me you live and move and have your being. For you are my offspring. I knew you even before you were conceived. I chose you when I planned creation. You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book. I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. I knit you together in your mother's womb.

And brought you forth on the day you were born.

I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me. I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love. And it is my desire to lavish my love on you. Simply because you are my child and I am your Father. I offer you more than your earthly father ever could. For I am the perfect father. Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand. For I am your provider and I meet all your needs. My plan for your future has always been filled with hope. Because I love you with an everlasting love. My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore. And I rejoice over you with singing.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
THE BELL
I KNOW WHO I AM
I am God's child (John 1:12)
I am Christ's friend (John 15:15)
I am united with the Lord (1 Cor 6:17)
I am a saint (set apart for God) (Eph 1:1)
I am a personal witness of Christ (Acts 1:8)
I am the salt & light of the earth (Matt 5:13-14)
I am free forever from condemnation (Rom 8:1-2)
I am a member of the body of Christ (1 Cor 12:27)
I am free from any charge against me (Rom 8:31-34)
I am a citizen of Heaven. I am significant (Phil 3:20)
I have access to God through the Holy Spirit (Eph 2:18)
I am a minister of reconciliation for God (2 Cor 5:17-21)
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (Eph 2:6)
I am established, anointed, sealed by God (2 Cor 1:21-22)
I am assured all things work together for good (Rom 8:28)
I cannot be separated from the love of God (Rom 8:35-39)
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit (John 15:16)
I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Eph 3:12)
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil 4:13)
I am God's temple (1 Cor. 3:16). I am complete in Christ (Col. 2:10)
I am the branch of the true vine, a channel of His life (John 15:1-5)
I am hidden with Christ in God (Col. 3:3). I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
I am God's co-worker (1 Cor. 3:9; 2 Cor 6:1). I am God's workmanship (Eph. 2:10)
I am confident that the good works God has begun in me will be perfected. (Phil. 1:5)
I have been redeemed and forgiven (Col 1:14). I have been adopted as God's child (Eph 1:5)
I belong to God
Do you know
Who you are?

Keep this bell ringing...pass it on.
'The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make His face shine upon you
And be gracious to you;
The LORD turn His face toward you
And give you peace...'
Numbers 6:24-26​

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Father’s Love Letter
My Child,

You may not know me, but I know everything about you. I know when you sit down and when you rise up. I am familiar with all your ways. Even the very hairs on your head are numbered. For you were made in my image. In me you live and move and have your being. For you are my offspring. I knew you even before you were conceived. I chose you when I planned creation. You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book. I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. I knit you together in your mother's womb.

And brought you forth on the day you were born.

I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me. I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love. And it is my desire to lavish my love on you. Simply because you are my child and I am your Father. I offer you more than your earthly father ever could. For I am the perfect father. Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand. For I am your provider and I meet all your needs. My plan for your future has always been filled with hope. Because I love you with an everlasting love. My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore. And I rejoice over you with singing.
This is one of my most favorite things I've ever read. It's been too long since I've listened to it. I'd like to hear it sung.
It was March 10, 1994. I'd just realized that I was going to die from my drug addictions. I turned to God, not knowing if He'd want anything to do with me after I kicked Him out of my life a few years earlier.
Beaten by my addictions, I began my journey looking for Him. Four months later I walked into a warehouse where the Cambridge Vineyard Christian Fellowship met. When I went up for prayer, my Father revealed His heart for me to me. At that moment, my heart found it's eternal destination.
In my brokenness I've stumbled and have made many mistakes since then, but His steady hand has brought me to today.
Thank You, Father, that I'm not where I was, and thank You, that I am still on the road to my home, with You, in the New Jerusalem.
Faithful is Your name. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That reminds me of the first video I ever watched where I started hearing the Father's voice. :)

Reactions: Truman