Open to us the Gates of Victory

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Psalms 118:1-29 Lord, deliver us we pray. Lord grant us prosperity. In our time of trouble we will call upon the Lord, He will answer and give relief to us. With the Lord on our side, we will not be afraid, what can mortals do to us? With the Lord as our helper, we shall see the downfall of our enemies.

The godless nations surround us on every side, they swarm around like bees, they press against us and commence their attack, their weapons prepared like fire burning brushwood, but in the Lord’s name, they will be defeated. The Lord comes to help His people, He is their Deliverer.

This will be the Day the Lord takes action, a Day for us to rejoice and exult. Listen: shouts of triumph come from the camp of the victors! With God’s Right Hand, He does mighty deeds! His people will live to proclaim what the Lord has done, He will not surrender us to death.

The rock which the builders rejected has become the main corner stone. This is God’s doing, it is amazing in our sight.

Open to us the gates of victory, we will go in by them and praise the Lord, for He has answered us and He is our Deliverer. Let those who fear the Lord say: His love endures forever! Ref: REB. Some verses abridged and paraphrased.

Lord, deliver us’, Pray for the Lord to take action against the godless peoples. Psalms 140:1-13, Isaiah 28:21

Godless peoples surround the holy Land’, The current situation. Ezekiel 35:10, Jer. 12:14

they commence their attack’, An Islamic confederation. Psalms 83:1-8, Isaiah 21:2

their weapons like fire’, They, Iran; prepares nuclear missiles for their surprise attack., Psalms 7:12-16...missiles tipped with fire.... Jeremiah 49:35, Psalms 37:12-15, Isaiah 22:6

but the Lord comes to help His people’, Ezekiel 7:14, Isaiah 59:18, Isaiah 30:26

He will not surrender us to death’, All who call on the name of the Lord will be saved. Joel 2:32, Psalms 33:18-19, Acts 2:21 and we are told to take shelter and to be proactive for our own safety. Isaiah 26:20-21

This is the Day the Lord takes action’, The great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath. Revelation 6:12-17, Zephaniah 3:8

God’s Right Hand, the Rock’, The Lord Jesus, rejected by the Jews. Acts 4:11
Now He will instigate a terrible punishment by fire on all His enemies. Zephaniah 1:1-18, Isaiah 39:25-30, Psalms 110:5-6, Psalms 18:7-15, Luke 19:27, +

Later, at His Return in glory, He destroys the army of the Anti-Christ by the Sword of His Word.

His people ‘will enter the gates of victory’, that is: all the holy Land where His faithful Christian people will become ‘a light to the nations’, and the Lord’s witnesses to all peoples. Isaiah 66:18b-21

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalms 118:1-29 Lord, deliver us we pray. Lord grant us prosperity. In our time of trouble we will call upon the Lord, He will answer and give relief to us. With the Lord on our side, we will not be afraid, what can mortals do to us? With the Lord as our helper, we shall see the downfall of our enemies.

The godless nations surround us on every side, they swarm around like bees, they press against us and commence their attack, their weapons prepared like fire burning brushwood, but in the Lord’s name, they will be defeated. The Lord comes to help His people, He is their Deliverer.

This will be the Day the Lord takes action, a Day for us to rejoice and exult. Listen: shouts of triumph come from the camp of the victors! With God’s Right Hand, He does mighty deeds! His people will live to proclaim what the Lord has done, He will not surrender us to death.

The rock which the builders rejected has become the main corner stone. This is God’s doing, it is amazing in our sight.

Open to us the gates of victory, we will go in by them and praise the Lord, for He has answered us and He is our Deliverer. Let those who fear the Lord say: His love endures forever! Ref: REB. Some verses abridged and paraphrased.

Lord, deliver us’, Pray for the Lord to take action against the godless peoples. Psalms 140:1-13, Isaiah 28:21

Godless peoples surround the holy Land’, The current situation. Ezekiel 35:10, Jer. 12:14

they commence their attack’, An Islamic confederation. Psalms 83:1-8, Isaiah 21:2

their weapons like fire’, They, Iran; prepares nuclear missiles for their surprise attack., Psalms 7:12-16...missiles tipped with fire.... Jeremiah 49:35, Psalms 37:12-15, Isaiah 22:6

but the Lord comes to help His people’, Ezekiel 7:14, Isaiah 59:18, Isaiah 30:26

He will not surrender us to death’, All who call on the name of the Lord will be saved. Joel 2:32, Psalms 33:18-19, Acts 2:21 and we are told to take shelter and to be proactive for our own safety. Isaiah 26:20-21

This is the Day the Lord takes action’, The great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath. Revelation 6:12-17, Zephaniah 3:8

God’s Right Hand, the Rock’, The Lord Jesus, rejected by the Jews. Acts 4:11
Now He will instigate a terrible punishment by fire on all His enemies. Zephaniah 1:1-18, Isaiah 39:25-30, Psalms 110:5-6, Psalms 18:7-15, Luke 19:27, +

Later, at His Return in glory, He destroys the army of the Anti-Christ by the Sword of His Word.

His people ‘will enter the gates of victory’, that is: all the holy Land where His faithful Christian people will become ‘a light to the nations’, and the Lord’s witnesses to all peoples. Isaiah 66:18b-21

Seems legit to me. :)

On first glance without reading every passage anyway. "Their weapons" being missiles I might want to look at further, but I do believe that's what will be used in Revelation 18:8.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

On first glance without reading every passage anyway. "Their weapons" being missiles I might want to look at further, but I do believe that's what will be used in Revelation 18:8.
I do not see Revelation 18:8 as related to this next event; the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster by a CME sun explosion.

The nuke tipped missiles are described in Zechariah 5. But as many prophesies say; they will recoil upon themselves. Psalms 7:12-16, Habakkuk 3:14, Joel 3:4

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not see Revelation 18:8 as related to this next event; the Sixth Seal worldwide disaster by a CME sun explosion.

The nuke tipped missiles are described in Zechariah 5. But as many prophesies say; they will recoil upon themselves. Psalms 7:12-16, Habakkuk 3:14, Joel 3:4

Yes, I recall you believing those things...

Not that I wish to argue, but wasn't there a report out recently that what was expected regarding that was likely not going to happen after all, from a purely scientific point of view? I recall reading something on it.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Yes, I recall you believing those things...

Not that I wish to argue, but wasn't there a report out recently that what was expected regarding that was likely not going to happen after all, from a purely scientific point of view? I recall reading something on it.
Don't you believe what the Prophets tell us?
What else could a flying tube carrying something that must be kept in a lead container, be; if not a nuke missile?

Purely scientific? Get real; on what will happen, they as the most confused and deceived of all people!

Iran WILL use the missiles and the nukes they have spent so much on, their prince will enforce it. Daniel 10:13

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Revelation does not relate to us. It was to the children of Israel.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Revelation does not relate to us. It was to the children of Israel.
We Christians are the children of Israel. Jesus is the true Israel; the Overcomer for God and we are His followers.
The Jews represent the House of Judah.

Revelation is about coming worldwide events. Everyone will be affected; Luke 21:34-35

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We Christians are the children of Israel. Jesus is the true Israel; the Overcomer for God and we are His followers.
The Jews represent the House of Judah.

Revelation is about coming worldwide events. Everyone will be affected; Luke 21:34-35

I must disagree.
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Although thou it could apply to many different generations, it said "shorty come to pass". Shorty does not mean centuries.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must disagree.
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Although thou it could apply to many different generations, it said "shorty come to pass". Shorty does not mean centuries.
John is writing to the first century from now. It is soon from now, not the first century. The Day of the Lord is about to start soon.

Reactions: Keraz

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I must disagree.

But what is prophesied in Revelation has not happened yet.
'Shortly and soon', in this context refers to God's timing. not our our earthly time. It cannot be otherwise!