Operation Christmas Child

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Every church should be involved in operation ChristmasChild.
They should be concentrating more on this than so called missionary holiday trips.

Not only does a very poor family get items that will help a childs education, writing book, pen and pencils, but also toys that help that child develop.
But they are also invited to do a correspondence course that teaches them about Jesus.

It is a way by which we in the west can reach out to unreached people around the world.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Soverign Grace Have you ever participated in this in your area?

Thank you for telling me about this - no I was not aware of it. I am looking to get involved in something so thank you. I began a prison ministry and was trying to do something special for the child of the prisoner I was communicating with.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
@bbyrd009 Do you know about Operation Christmas Child?
yes, and i mean no offense ok, my whole "saved" family does xmas, and i go along whenever i am around them, etc, but i have big problems with decorating trees, Dec 25, and our notion of Xmas in general. Not saying im any less pagan lol

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for telling me about this - no I was not aware of it. I am looking to get involved in something so thank you. I began a prison ministry and was trying to do something special for the child of the prisoner I was communicating with.
I didn't know about your prison ministry. I pray that God will bless it!

These shoeboxes go all over the world, and Samaritan's Purse includes a gospel tract with each box that people fill..

Be sure to watch the video at the top of this thread.

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, and i mean no offense ok, my whole "saved" family does xmas, and i go along whenever i am around them, etc, but i have big problems with decorating trees, Dec 25, and our notion of Xmas in general. Not saying im any less pagan lol
Have you watched the video at the top of this thread?

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't know about your prison ministry. I pray that God will bless it!

These shoeboxes go all over the world, and Samaritan's Purse includes a gospel tract with each box that people fill..

Be sure to watch the video at the top of this thread.

Thanks. I had another prisoner write me and want to talk but he murdered somebody and I didn't think I could really communicate in the way I should, knowing how badly he's harmed another family. I was writing to a young man whose mother was on drugs and he got into some trouble. Very nice young man. The harvest is ready but the workers are few... The opportunities are there for those who feel led to minister to prisoners.

The shoeboxes are a great idea. There is a lot of need all over.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. I had another prisoner write me and want to talk but he murdered somebody and I didn't think I could really communicate in the way I should, knowing how badly he's harmed another family. I was writing to a young man whose mother was on drugs and he got into some trouble. Very nice young man. The harvest is ready but the workers are few... The opportunities are there for those who feel led to minister to prisoners.

The shoeboxes are a great idea. There is a lot of need all over.
We have our boxes tracked through the Samaritan's Purse website, so we know what country our boxes go to.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy Have you ever participated in this?

Hi P.W,
Yes, we have something pretty similar at our church where we "adopt" a child or two, or a whole family and purchase new gifts to be sent to them in Jesus name. It is quite a big to do! Also, at The Genesis Center where I volunteer, we also adopt families there and, these are all local as we are located in a pretty impoverished area...many poor and homeless folks out there. The Chapel (my Church) does thousands of families, the Genesis Center is a small community center and we get around 150 families. What a ball it is to put all the gifts together as we work off their lists. Yeah, we become little elves, lol. My Church is more in keeping the secular out but sees nothing wrong in blessing these children in the Name Of Jesus.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi P.W,
Yes, we have something pretty similar at our church where we "adopt" a child or two, or a whole family and purchase new gifts to be sent to them in Jesus name. It is quite a big to do! Also, at The Genesis Center where I volunteer, we also adopt families there and, these are all local as we are located in a pretty impoverished area...many poor and homeless folks out there. The Chapel (my Church) does thousands of families, the Genesis Center is a small community center and we get around 150 families. What a ball it is to put all the gifts together as we work off their lists. Yeah, we become little elves, lol. My Church is more in keeping the secular out but sees nothing wrong in blessing these children in the Name Of Jesus.

These ministries sound wonderful!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These ministries sound wonderful!

They truly are,
I'm astounded at the huge amounts of donations, everything brand new. The largest of the 4 campuses is located in an area where some of the more "affluent" brothers and sisters live and boy, do they give some awesome quality gifts. Practical for the most part but, many toys as well!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy Have you ever participated in this?

No I have not PW,
I am pretty much committed to my Church and the Community when it comes to this. It is local, I can participate in handing all the packaged family gifts directly to the people :) And when I participate in my Church's adopt a family that pretty much is where my finances must stop...Operation Christmas Child is awesome, just look art their faces, lol...it is like somebody gave them the world! I pray that they will all get the chance to hear and understand the Gospel!