OTHER RELIGIONS WHY THEY ARE SO POPULAR

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Christianity is the only religion in the world where people are just spectator.s in their salvation ..

you see not only was our God, God enough to win us salvation all by his Almighty self

but we SINFUL HUMANS
SIMPLY COULD NEVER do it perfectly as God law demands..IN FACT IF WE HAD ANY THING TO DO WITH OUR SALVATION AT ALL .. we really could not trust such imperfect work.. since we know God demands perfection.. That's why he had to do it for us .. And we spectators could only watch in awe of him and what he did by his perfect life and innocent death for our sins on the cross..

The above simply is not popular .. or natural

what is popular and natural for man is a cooperation of god and man both having a part in mans salvation ..

god says what man must do according to the various world religions and man jumps through the hoops of those religions must dos .. to cooperate in his salvation ..

most honestly put only Christianity of all the worlds religions has a God that was God enough to wins mans salvation . all by his Almighty self.. while man could just look on in awe of such a great and loving God .. as he gave his life up for his created creatures and then took his life back again for their justification..

SO KEEP YOUR EYES ON JESUS

Hebrews 12:1-3
Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

12 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
Hi

Care to explain James 1:27 to me? ''Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world''.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
KingJ said:
Hi

Care to explain James 1:27 to me? ''Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world''.
sure God has given believers this wonderful way to thank him for what Christ has already won and done for them ..

it also is a mirror that shows our sins and why we need our only savior from our sins Jesus

.ONLY Jesus was able to do this perfectly for us in our stead..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGTPNue0-ZI

THE SONG
Lord Jesus you have come in love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf8K377XTRc

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
When we look at James 1:27 in contrast to Matt 7:22-23 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness. We find that those in Matt 7 come ''in the name of Jesus'' yet only those that are after God's heart / can do selfless acts will He know / save.

Hence, I don't think its wise to mock any religion that helps the poor, widows, orhpans etc. If any Muslim, Hindu etc followed James 1:27 / acts of selflessnes, God would find them and they would meet Jesus / be saved / be Christian. We are not 'special' in anyway just because our religion is Christianty / the truth. We still need to follow 1 Cor 11:31 and Phil 2:12 everyday. Let's not forget 1 Cor 10:12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
KingJ said:
When we look at James 1:27 in contrast to Matt 7:22-23 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness. We find that both come ''in the name of Jesus'' but only those that are after God's heart will He know / save.

I agree with your take on salvation in that we have nothing to do with it. But we have everything to do with getting to the point where we receive it. Just as people had to get to Abraham's bosom before Jesus took them to heaven (salvation). They are two separate issues. I am only saying this because you said ''god says what man must do according to the various world religions and man jumps through the hoops of those religions must dos .. to cooperate in his salvation'' .

If any Muslim, Hindu etc followed James 1:27 / acts of selflessnes, God would find them and they would meet Jesus / be saved / be Christian. We are not 'special' in anyway just because our religion is Christianty / the truth. We still need to follow 1 Cor 11:31 and Phil 2:12 everyday. Let's not forget 1 Cor 10:12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

Christianity is the largest religion / most popular. Why you suggest others are more popular? Christianiy > other religions > ungodly. I don't think its wise to mock any religion that helps the poor, widows, orhpans etc etc.
No one but Jesus COULD follow James 1;27 PERFECTLY AS JESUS says one has to..

MATHEW 5:48
be perfect as your HEAVENLY FATHER IS PERFECT..

YOU BETTER JUST FORGET ABOUT TRYING IT
YOU FAILED ALREADY you woud have to be perfect from conception in thought word and dead.

I suggest you TRUST THAT JESUS DID IT FOR YOU..

read HEBREWS CHAPTER 10

this song is about Jesus doing it perfectly for us in our stead.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nGTPNue0-ZI

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
horsecamp said:
No one but Jesus COULD follow James 1;27 PERFECTLY AS JESUS says one has to..
No one can help orphans or widows?

How does God select whom He will save? As we know many will be in hell.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
KingJ said:
No one can help orhpans or widows?

How does God select whom He will save? As we know many will be in hell.
God loves every person.

Jesus lived and died for all people

it is A PERSONS own fault if they don't trust in Jesus merits alone for their salvation..

Jesus said :" how often I wanted to gather you as a hen gathers her chicks BUT YOU WERE NOT WILLING.."

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
horsecamp said:
it is A PERSONS own fault if they don't trust in Jesus merits alone for their salvation..
Those in Matt 7:22 did more then that and they will not be in heaven.

Jesus said :" how often I wanted to gather you as a hen gathers her chicks BUT YOU WERE NOT WILLING.."
Not willing to trust in ''God's merits''? Or obey the commandments and Psalm 51:17? Matt 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him 1. deny himself (selflessnes), and 2 take up his cross (obey commandments), and 3 follow me (what would Jesus do).

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
horsecamp said:
GODS GREAT EXCHANGE
CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN
2 Corinthians 5:21

[SIZE=80%]21 [/SIZE][SIZE=80%]q[/SIZE]For our sake he made him to be sin [SIZE=80%]r[/SIZE]who knew no sin, so that in him we might become [SIZE=80%]s[/SIZE]the righteousness of God.

ALSO IN ISAIAH 53:5
ALSO HEBREWS CHAPTER 10
Amen. I am not disputing that. Jesus was the perfect sacrifice. Salvation is ALL His doing. BUT getting to the airport to catch the plane of salvation is our doing.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
KingJ said:
Those in Matt 7:22 did more then that and they will not be in heaven.

Not willing to trust in ''God's merits''? Or obey the commandments and Psalm 51:17? Matt 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him 1. deny himself (selflessnes), and 2 take up his cross (obey commandments), and 3 follow me (what would Jesus do).
no one can obeys the commandments perfectly in thought word and deed every second of their life
as the law demands
MATHEW 5:48
be perfect as your HEAVENLY FATHER IS PERFECT..

The real fault was they did not trust in Jesus as their only savior from their sins of not be able to do it perfectly..

KingJ said:
Amen. I am not disputing that. Jesus was the perfect sacrifice. Salvation is ALL His doing. BUT getting to the airport to catch the plane of salvation is our doing.
how can you say that when you know the verse that says in him alone we are only able to take our next breath or move about..

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
horsecamp said:
no one can obeys the commandments perfectly in thought word and deed every second of their life as the law demands MATHEW 5:48 be perfect as your HEAVENLY FATHER IS PERFECT..
That is why those OT were given verses like Psalm 51:17 with the law in Exodus and Leviticus. God never wanted sinless perfection from law. He only wanted a heart after His (hate sin, love rightoeussness, quick to repent). You need to meditate more on how those in Abraham's bosom got there. Why were they not in Hades if all fail by the law? When Jesus came to fetch them and took them to be with Him, that was / is salvation.

The real fault was they did not trust in Jesus as their only savior from their sins of not be able to do it perfectly..
Anyone can do this! If this was the only requirement we would ALL be in heaven.
John 3:16 says we need to believe in Jesus. 1 Cor 12:3 says clearly that we cannot believe in Jesus as Lord unless we have the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit only comes to us when we follow James 4:8 as He does Jer 17:10. We succeed at James 4:8 if we follow Matt 16:24, Rom 12:9, Psalm 51:17 and James 4:6.

how can you say that when you know the verse that says in him alone we are only able to take our next breath or move about..
God being sovereign does not mean He then removes our free will. That is an assumption. The president has power over your next breath too. God is good. He does not make or want us to be robots. Since He is impartial and made a hell...we most certainly have true free will.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
KingJ, James 1:27 (James happens to be one of my favorite books, actually, which I am currently reading) speaks to exactly what the remainder of the book itself is about. It all goes to the simple refrain that faith without works is dead.

I value the world's religions (and atheism) in that there are plenty of folks out there who extend help and loving arms to people to help them. Yet I recognize that there is a deficiency if they are not sharing Jesus the Christ in their service to these others. It doesn't mean that people cannot perform what we deem good tasks for others, but there is a distinction to be made when it is not done in Jesus' name. It doesn't make it lesser in one sense, but then it does mean that it was done without Jesus in focus.

With that said, the great religions of the world all speak to our internal desire to do enough to get to heaven. Like I told my youth at church a year or so ago, we expect some level of good works account where we can bank heaven credits and reach a certain mark to earn/attain heaven itself. All of the world religions teach this in one form or another, be it the obedience of Islam, Jewish law or the path of Buddhism.

Christianity teaches us that Jesus did the work himself on the cross. We aid the widow and orphan precisely because our hearts are shaped and sanctified by the one true living God, not because we're following a prescription to get to heaven. Remember the definition of religion, because religion is how man relates to God. It's pretty profound that God says we relate to him by doing these things, but then we have the example of God relating to us in his assuming humanity! We relate to God not by following law, but by Him working within us and then these works come out of the abundant overflow.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Isaiah 6;46
reminds us even our best works are tainted with sin and are only acceptable to God the father
through faith in Jesus ..

Jesus who set aside his Godly crown and came down to live and die in our sinful stead.

that's why God accepts our filthy rags of work its for His Son's sake..

who lived perfect for us and died for our sins..

until one discovers Jesus on the cross and ---for them!! that he is there ---------- God and his love for them remains hidden.

no Jesus no God
know Jesus know
God..

Martin Luther

as Jesus said " No one comes to my Father except through me"..

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
HammerStone said:
I value the world's religions (and atheism) in that there are plenty of folks out there who extend help and loving arms to people to help them. Yet I recognize that there is a deficiency if they are not sharing Jesus the Christ in their service to these others. It doesn't mean that people cannot perform what we deem good tasks for others, but there is a distinction to be made when it is not done in Jesus' name. It doesn't make it lesser in one sense, but then it does mean that it was done without Jesus in focus.
Without Jesus it is all dead works, no argument there! ;). But we must realize that God is meek, lowly (Mark 11:29) and selfless. He says the greatest in heaven will be the humblest Matt 18:4...therefore He is the humblest. Hence when we desire to do selfless works (which can only come from a desire to lessen ourselves) we are definitely after God's heart and drawing nearer to Him like James 4:8 says. The irony though is that if we judge the heart condition of many religious folks, we see selfishness with an appearance of selfless works. The Mosque / Temple must do x and y to keep up their contributions for example. Or they are on a spiritual journey for ''self'' enlightenment. Hence a great way to witness to those in other religions is to challenge them to desire and actually do selfless works. Selfless = helping others at a cost to us expecting no reward. Anyone who can do that truthfully is a stone throw away from finding God / Jesus / Christianity. Just consider repentance. Getting on our knees acknowledging we are wrong. Knocking 'self'. This is how people in the OT made it to Abrahams bosom and this is how people in the NT find a real revelation and relationship with Jesus.

With that said, the great religions of the world all speak to our internal desire to do enough to get to heaven. Like I told my youth at church a year or so ago, we expect some level of good works account where we can bank heaven credits and reach a certain mark to earn/attain heaven itself. All of the world religions teach this in one form or another, be it the obedience of Islam, Jewish law or the path of Buddhism.
Agreed and when banking credits it is for 'our selfish' gain.

Christianity teaches us that Jesus did the work himself on the cross. We aid the widow and orphan precisely because our hearts are shaped and sanctified by the one true living God, not because we're following a prescription to get to heaven. Remember the definition of religion, because religion is how man relates to God. It's pretty profound that God says we relate to him by doing these things, but then we have the example of God relating to us in his assuming humanity! We relate to God not by following law, but by Him working within us and then these works come out of the abundant overflow.
I agree that only when we are with Him do we have living works. An apple tree bears apples, a thorn tree can't. But there is a session before finding God where He determines if our hearts are after His Jer 17:10. We can know this by merely acknowledging what is in His heart. He completely / utterly hates sin and loves righteousness. Sin = please self / flesh (selfishness). Righteousness = knock down self / love neighbour as ourselves (selflessness) as has been discussed above.

horsecamp said:
Isaiah 6;46
reminds us even our best works are tainted with sin and are only acceptable to God the father
through faith in Jesus ..
Like I have already said. You need to think about what got people in the OT into Abrahams bosom!

Having a heart after God's = Abrahams bosom. Having a heart after self = Hades.

They did not get to heaven by having a heart after Gods, but they did not get to Hades! Jesus came and fetched them! = Salvation / washing clean / truly pure heart as new creation in an instant. All because...they hated sin and loved righteousness. A decision from free will that each of us can make.