Otters try to eat man in California

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you read that right, man has virtually no known natural enemies, except otters, OK maybe some others, but really, was he wearing clam shell swim wear:
California swimmer says ‘aggressive’ otters bit him a dozen times: 'They wanted to kill me’
I'm not laughing at the poor man...but at your hilarious description!

At the Los Angeles zoo there was one otter that would only allow a certain zoo keeper to enter his exhibit! Everyone else was terribly afraid of him as he would attack them.

• Wow
Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not laughing at the poor man...but at your hilarious description!

At the Los Angeles zoo there was one otter that would only allow a certain zoo keeper to enter his exhibit! Everyone else was terribly afraid of him as he would attack them.
Didn't know they can be dangerous. I remember videos of river otters from Japan on YouTube. They look so cute and adorable in the videos.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Didn't know they can be dangerous. I remember videos of river otters from Japan on YouTube. They look so cute and adorable in the videos.
I had no idea either that they could get mean.

Lord,even Otters are crazy in California.
:jest:
The otter below bit surfboards and chased surfers. However, I guess she was pregnant so had an excuse!

Also, they said some boaters harassed her by getting too close and stressing her out.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Otters are very successful predators. Arguably the fastest animal on both land and water. (A fish is fast in water but not on land. A cheetah is fas on land but not in water.)
Otters are fast, but I think the Alligator has the top spot in the range of 30mph on land and 20mph in the water. Penguins and Seals are fast too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine how fast some of those extinct dinosaurs could move.
I once had a monitor lizard. It was supposed to grow to near 6 feet in length before it died, and when it was young it was lightning fast. It would whip his tail, stand up on all fours and hiss out of defiance.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Otters are fast, but I think the Alligator has the top spot in the range of 30mph on land and 20mph in the water. Penguins and Seals are fast too.
Penguins & seals are not very fast out of the water.

Alligators may be faster in a straight line burst of speed. Still, I think an otter's speed in changing attack vectors is fluid, whereas an alligator is very lumbering, by comparison, in changing direction.

Reactions: BeyondET and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once had a monitor lizard. It was supposed to grow to near 6 feet in length before it died, and when it was young it was lightning fast. It would whip his tail, stand up on all fours and hiss out of defiance.
How long did you have it? What did you feed it and where did you house it?
Was it friendly towards you?

When I was a child, my uncle took me to the store. We saw chameleons and he bought me one. Not really a good present for a girl!

Also, we were so clueless, we didn't even ask about what food to buy for it!
It died of course, poor thing.

Afterwards I got two more chameleons and got the Mealy worms to feed them. I hated those beetles and worms! We couldn't have pets in our apartment so I guess I was desperate for some kind of pet.

Once when I was cleaning their tank in the bathtub, the big one latched onto my finger and was dangling as I was screaming! He finally fell into the tub. By that time my mother came due to the screaming! We threw a washcloth over him to catch him.

No more lizards after that.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How long did you have it? What did you feed it and where did you house it?
Was it friendly towards you?

When I was a child, my uncle took me to the store. We saw chameleons and he bought me one. Not really a good present for a girl!

Also, we were so clueless, we didn't even ask about what food to buy for it!
It died of course, poor thing.

Afterwards I got two more chameleons and got the Mealy worms to feed them. I hated those beetles and worms! We couldn't have pets in our apartment so I guess I was desperate for some kind of pet.

Once when I was cleaning their tank in the bathtub, the big one latched onto my finger and was dangling as I was screaming! He finally fell into the tub. By that time my mother came due to the screaming! We threw a washcloth over him to catch him.

No more lizards after that.
Sorry to hear you had trouble. I used to have a dog that would whip my kittens around in it's teeth. I hated it. We learned to keep the kittens away from that dog after that.

Wow, yeah, the girl I was dating at the time wanted it so I bought it for her. If I remember right, this was like 25 years ago, we fed it eggs when it was young. Eventually it got a few inches long and I moved out for a while, when I came back I noticed it wasn't moving and checked to find it's hot rock for food digestion was off. She killed it. But it was a dangerous animal and was only going to get bigger so I think she turned off the hot rock on purpose. Sad.

Reactions: Debp