our faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't remember posting about people risking their lives .... that is telling people to risk their lives.... would you quote what you are referring to ?
I may have misunderstood your connotation? It sounded like Midrash, Abenego, Shedrac (excuse spelling), were examples of not needing protection, and that's what you were advocating?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"familiar with the MARTYRS" ? I don't think so. Most people who call themselves Christian live as if they won't even have to suffer much for Christ's sake !
Possibly, that's fine, then I was just addressing those who understood. It has its way of weeding out the studied.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may have misunderstood your connotation? It sounded like Midrash, Abenego, Shedrac (excuse spelling), were examples of not needing protection, and that's what you were advocating?
They, and Daniel, were men of faith, and said that 'we don't know if He will or not' but even if the Almighty does not spare our lives, even if we die, we will not deny Him.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They, and Daniel, were men of faith, and said that 'we don't know if He will or not' but even if the Almighty does not spare our lives, even if we die, we will not deny Him.
True, that was what you said. But, it's irrelevant. No one is asking us to go out unprotected or distancing, in the name of God. There is no glory in being reckless under such a context. I would love to have the faith and courage to die in the name of Christ (which I don't), but again, we don't go looking for it. For the death of God's saints are precious in his eyes (expensive and costly, and irreplaceable)

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, that was what you said. But, it's irrelevant. No one is asking us to go out unprotected or distancing, in the name of God. There is no glory in being reckless under such a context. I would love to have the faith and courage to die in the name of Christ (which I don't), but again, we don't go looking for it. For the death of God's saints are precious in his eyes (expensive and costly, and irreplaceable)
So why bring it all up , all that's in this post ? (whether right or wrong)

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So why bring it all up , all that's in this post ? (whether right or wrong)
Again, I guess that I'm not quite sure what your position is then?
Joseph, you're hard to understand sometimes. You also break up your posts sometimes in illogical formats, at least as far as I can tell?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the virus really dangerous ? No, not to most people anywhere.

Who has found out, i the last 700+ years, how to deal with plagues, of all kinds ? (and longer ago)

What is dangerous in churches today ? (simply searched key word <dangerous> on biblehub >>

Jude 1:12 These people are blemishes at your love feasts, eating ...

... When these people eat with you in your fellowship meals commemorating the Lord's
love, they are like dangerous reefs that can shipwreck you. ...
//biblehub.com/jude/1-12.htm - 20k

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I guess that I'm not quite sure what your position is then?
Joseph, you're hard to understand sometimes. You also break up your posts sometimes in illogical formats, at least as far as I can tell?
The people of God, disciples of Jesus, born again ones by the Will of God the Father, (not by the will of man),
with circumcised hearts (accomplished only by God the Father),
are different, and few, in the world.

The false , or the wide road to destruction, is not only a few, it is most, "many on the wide road", many who never seek the truth, and never escape destruction.

We are practically all raised surrounded by lies, deceptions, falsehoods, and death dealing society... it is rare to find anyone who was raised right.

Reactions: mjrhealth

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The people of God, disciples of Jesus, born again ones by the Will of God the Father, (not by the will of man),
with circumcised hearts (accomplished only by God the Father),
are different, and few, in the world.

The false , or the wide road to destruction, is not only a few, it is most, "many on the wide road", many who never seek the truth, and never escape destruction.

We are practically all raised surrounded by lies, deceptions, falsehoods, and death dealing society... it is rare to find anyone who was raised right.
Yes, agreed, many are called, a few are chosen. Even the world around us proves that. Try to walk into any public area and speak about God, and see the majority reaction that you get. You'll be hard-pressed to find a true believer within any particular crowd. It's almost taboo to speak about God, in any of the offices or job sites that I've worked in.
...and yet, it's His planet. My stars, what is going to happen in the end! Even us, will just make it by the hair of our chins, I'm sure!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and yet, it's His planet. My stars, what is going to happen in the end! Even us, will just make it by the hair of our chins, I'm sure!
In Hebrews, it is written in one translation "BE TERRIFIED" (and rightly so it seems in every way), "LEST anyone of you be found to fall short" (i.e. not make it)....

"what is going to happen in the end!" ? It is written - utter destruction of two thirds or more of all men at the time, after one third dies - the two thirds REFUSE to stop serving (worshiping) demons ! It is written.

Seeing the end, as written, how long has it been building up to this end , where the whole world rejects truth entirely ?
It has been devastating for many generations, destroying many families, men, women , children, and babies, DAILY....

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In Hebrews, it is written in one translation "BE TERRIFIED" (and rightly so it seems in every way), "LEST anyone of you be found to fall short" (i.e. not make it)....

"what is going to happen in the end!" ? It is written - utter destruction of two thirds or more of all men at the time, after one third dies - the two thirds REFUSE to stop serving (worshiping) demons ! It is written.

Seeing the end, as written, how long has it been building up to this end , where the whole world rejects truth entirely ?
It has been devastating for many generations, destroying many families, men, women , children, and babies, DAILY....
Yes, I do believe that it will be devastating, and terrifying for all, and rightly so.

Reactions: Joseph77

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Cool, well I hope you are willing....

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool, well I hope you are willing....
Good News Translation
"Do your best to go in through the narrow door; because many people will surely try to go in but will not be able.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because I tell you, many will try to enter and won't be able

International Standard Version
"Keep on struggling to enter through the narrow door, because I tell you that many people will try to enter, but won't be able to do so.

NET Bible
"Exert every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Good News Translation
"Do your best to go in through the narrow door; because many people will surely try to go in but will not be able.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because I tell you, many will try to enter and won't be able

International Standard Version
"Keep on struggling to enter through the narrow door, because I tell you that many people will try to enter, but won't be able to do so.

NET Bible
"Exert every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to.

We can quote scripture all day, doesnt make one willing....

Mat_20:22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

Suffering and death, did they really know what they where in for.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can quote scripture all day, doesnt make one willing....
Most are posting a lot , and some are posting Scripture, but few are finding life.
When your posts disagree with all Scripture, and are anti-Jesus, that indicates something is not good.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Most are posting a lot , and some are posting Scripture, but few are finding life.
When your posts disagree with all Scripture, and are anti-Jesus, that indicates something is not good.
Remember one guy. I quote scripture, therefore I am right, couldnt be further from the truth.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree, Jesus did.

Matt 22 "Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's."
But then again what things really considered by many as belonging to Caesar do not ultimately belong to God?

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:" Ex 19:5

"All that openeth the matrix is mine; and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male." Ex 34:19

"Who hath prevented me, that I should repay him? whatsoever is under the whole heaven is mine." Job 41:11

Ps 50:10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
Ps 50:11 I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.
Ps 50:12 If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.

What Jesus did was a thing that was not required at all:

Mt 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?
Mt 17:25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?
Mt 17:26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.
Mt 17:27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

He did not do it because was subject to man's law. He did it so as not to needlessly cause offense.

Reactions: Helen