Our fiery trials

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
1 Peter 4:[sup]12[/sup] Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; [sup]13[/sup] but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.

I just read a sister's testimony, how the Lord has brought her through trials and how this is the way the Lord transforms him into his image. And the Lord just impressed something on me. It was really neat (Blessings from a broken heart). As Christians, God will bring us through trials. Our reaction is to despair and think the Lord has abandoned us. The mature reaction we must grow to (believe me, Im not there!) is tonot be surprised, and to rejoice! In this we give God gory.

The biggest thing though was about the desire(s) of our heart, which is interesting because we've been talking about it. :)

The desire of our hearts is to be conformed to his image, that must be our chief desire, above all things! And even the fiery trials are given us to fill this desire... How he loves us! Through the fiery trials, God makes us like Him! So if you're having a hard time, praise the Lord, and know he is doing all things for your good.

God bless you all! And I recommend the link to a sister's post far above this one, she speaks what the Lord has told her! :)

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I think it's important for Christians to understand that in this life we will suffer. Peter tells us that we suffer and go through trials for 'a little while'...this 'little while' is our brief life on earth. So the question in not 'will I suffer?', but 'when I suffer, how can I use it to bring glory to God?'

[6] In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, [7] so that the tested genuineness of your faith—more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire—may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
(1 Peter 1:6-7 ESV)

[3] Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, [4] and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, [5] and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.
(Romans 5:3-5 ESV)

Reactions: Prentis

Hiroki

Aug 12, 2011
Amen, If we continue to enjoy sitting on sofa, will we enjoy heaven? How can you rest if you are not tired? We will only be satisfied in sofa or bed if we are truly tired. God is really Loving. Thank you Jesus Christ my Lord!

Reactions: Prentis