Our motives in Buying & Selling & Giving BACK to God decides our financial condition, It's a spiritu

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Luke 6:38
38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
KJV

Think about this, when you go out to make a purchase do you look for the one on sale? Do you go out of your way to try to get what THEY have in their hand for little or nothing of what you have in yours?

Not only is this called CHEAP(Greedy), but it is also showing your LOVE (Idolatry)of money and your LACK of love for the one who is selling this item to feed their family or meet their needs... And above all it is showing UNBELIEF in God's ability to provide for us as His child. This goes vice versa when we sell something do we mark it up or falsely advertise it as being more than it is to gain as much as possible, do we entice them by saying such things as: This will make you look MORE ATTRACTIVE and other such NONSENSE to TEMPT(devils works) man to buy and desire what you have?

When we are afraid of giving up our last dime, thinking it is ALL WE HAVE TO OUR NAME, then we are really distrusting God.. for God is able to make All grace abound towards us so that we have sufficiency in ALL THINGS and towards ALL GOOD WORKS. God loves a CHEERFUL GIVER and God is a God of PROSPERITY for those who put Him FIRST PLACE in their works, meaning they adhere to God's Word in all their actions.
They can not be tempted to lie to meet their needs, cheat to meet their needs, steal to meet their needs, harm others to meet their needs etc....When we have proven to not be a person of idolatry which is discovered by our TRUSTING in what is in our hand more than in God's Hand to KEEP US... then we will have overcome one of the biggest obstacles in our spiritual walk, for the LOVE of money is the root of all evil. Not the money, but the willingness of heart to do anything to gain it or to place it higher in our hearts than GOD who is the one who owns it all and the source of all things.
Hag 2:6-9
6 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;
7 And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.
8 The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.
9 The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.
KJV

Money is man made... yet GOLD AND SILVER, PRECIOUS STONES are NOT! And anything in this earth came from up out of the earth and it all belongs to God, we are only using it and He does expect a return on this loan of His property and to provide for those who bring the gospel of peace which is the Greatest Gift for mans ears to hear and feed their Souls upon being THE WORD OF GOD... THE BREAD OF LIFE.
Getting A MAN to realize the worth and value on God's Word and willingness to OFFER UP a worthy sum for such a valued item in their life is another thing. We place more value on a pizza or sports IDOL than we do food for our soul and health being both from growing in the Word of God to the fullness of Christ.

Gal 6:6-10
6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
KJV
It is not in any way shape or form because He needs our treasured money, but He wants to see WHO you give tribute to for your prosperity in life, and which do you consider more valuable, your fleshes belly, or your souls well being? One of little faith in God will surely not see a reason that an invisible God would need their money... yet they fail to see that it is really a test of your faith and your willingness of heart to see if you will RELEASE THE THING YOU TREASURE for a HIGHER TREASURE being GOD. Or are you guilty of the LOVE of money?

2 Cor 9:7-12
7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
9(As it is written, He hath dispersed abroad; he hath given to the poor: his righteousness remaineth for ever.
10 Now he that ministereth seed to the sower both minister bread for your food, and multiply your seed sown, and increase the fruits of your righteousness;)
11 Being enriched in every thing to all bountifulness, which causeth through us thanksgiving to God.
12 For the administration of this service not only supplieth the want of the saints, but is abundant also by many thanksgivings unto God;
KJV
1 Cor 16:1-3
16:1 Now concerning the collection{PLATE OFFERING} for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
3 And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.
KJV

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Sounds like this was written by someone who has access to lots of money. By someone who doesn't have to struggle day to day just to survive. By someone who doesn't know what's it's like to know the fear of whether or not they will be homeless in a month. By someone who doesn't have to look for bargains because even with what they have, it's not enough to get what they need. In other words, by someone who is kept by the power of money...

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
Sounds like this was written by someone who has access to lots of money. By someone who doesn't have to struggle day to day just to survive. By someone who doesn't know what's it's like to know the fear of whether or not they will be homeless in a month. By someone who doesn't have to look for bargains because even with what they have, it's not enough to get what they need. In other words, by someone who is kept by the power of money...
You would be sadly mistaken to think that. I live day to day on God's provision and I drive a 95 paid for car that God keeps running for me, for I will not be bondage to a self made debt for my Father gives to me my daily bread physical and spiritual I am NEVER in need or lack. The difference is that I put my trust in God for all my needs and you still think it takes a bunch of money to be happy and content. God raises up kings and gives opportunities in life for a better life as we learn to gain integrity such as Solomon once had when we begin at the poverty level and work our way up in OUR FATHERS BUSINESS of getting the gospel out to the POOR, LOST AND HURTING. I have never been physically rich, but I understand that you must be spiritually rich first to do it God's way. Why do you think tho Jesus was RICH he BECAME poor for our sakes? Because you don't start at the top in God's house, you must first humble yourself and sell all you have and give to the poor to not only get rid of that ILL GOTTEN GAINS you have accumulated the devils way so that he can not claim he made you rich. But so that you can lay it all down to show your lack of idolatry, to help others and when you do... then GOD can bring you the things you need when you SEEK YE FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND ALL OTHER THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU! I am content on how ever God puts me for I can rest assured that HE will never leave me in need where I would have to BEG BORROW OR STEAL for that is not the way of a GOOD FATHER.
I have never said that I am perfected in this and still have a long way to go, but I do know that it is God's spiritual law and I do keep it in mind always and little by little I will overcome.
I do buy bargains from time to time but only when THEY have decided the cost. I never haggle for a price nor try to cheat anyone when they buy from me. If I have the money in my hand to pay full price I do not use a coupon for savings. The more one can get a handle of giving and it shall be given unto you in a bigger measure for God is able to do exceedingly more abundant than we can ever ask for... and to give for the advancement of God's kingdom having food, physical and spiritual, in His house, the more you will be blessed with. It is a long process for our soul has been so long in this worlds system that it is hard to be transformed to a higher way of doing things putting all trust in GOD'S Hand/Christ/Word and not in our own, nor man's, nor government, nor evil deeds for our provision. Adam and Eve did not have a care in the world UNTIL they chose to live outside of God's Word and then they had to begin to make their OWN CLOTHES to cover them and their nakedness of sin having died to the Spirit who had clothed them in Christ being the WORD which is were all the blessings are YES AND AMEN!
Gen 3:7
7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
KJV

Take a lesson from the fishes and loaves.. when you humble your self to sit at his feet and feed upon the spiritual bread.. and as a THANKSGIVING you offer up the little physical that you have... then the FATHER is able to multiply your natural food so that you will have more than enough with plenty left over for giving.

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not understanding the spiritual worth of paying more for an item when you have a coupon you can use?
I think of this as being a good steward of the money I've been given.
Also some cultures it is normal to haggle, not hurtful to the seller.

I'm not understanding your view of lack of faith in being wise with my funds?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think personal ownership is more of a burden than a blessing. Our possessions possess us.

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't view the OP as describing acquiring possessions for abundance, I viewed it as buying food, clothes, etc and paying whatever the seller requests not using coupons?

I still don't understand how careful shopping defies a spiritual law? I don't' see the relationship in the verses quoted.

I just didn't get it, I don't place more value on a pizza and sports than my eternal life, nor anyone elses.

Oh well we all have our own journey.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
I think it's a personal matter between the Saint and God, when it comes to such practices.

Beware of the leaven of the pharisees! They bind their interpretative rules on you and call it spiritual. Yet they arrest the commandments of God to their own destruction. :mellow: