Our positional standing in Christ.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Several Brethren authors said it this way:

"There is no question about there being a beautiful new position for the believer, but people limit it to its being theirs when they die. Scripture shows that it is ours now! (But now in Christ Jesus ye who once were far off are made near by the blood of Christ--) Eph_2:13 They say, 'you get heaven when you die'. No such thing. You are there now. It is not your death that entitles you to it, but the Lord Jesus' death. There is not a single shade that was between the Father, and us but the Lord Jesus has removed in His death. No person can be truly happy until he knows that he has a new place now, and this is where the Lord Jesus is."

"Set you affections on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye died, and your life is hid with Christ in God"-- Col_2:2-3 --J. B. Stoney

"Here both Jew and Gentile lose their places, as such, and are brought into one body, and united by the Holy Ghost to each other and to Christ, the Head, a Man glorified.

Now this body is in the world, as is the Holy Ghost, whose presence constitutes it. It is not in heaven. The Head is in heaven, and the members have a heavenly position in union with Him; in fact, they are in the world. This body has been passing along through the world; its unity maintained as perfectly as the day in which the presence of the Holy Ghost first constituted it. Nothing has ever marred its unity.
--F. G. Patterson

"If you look at Christ, dying on the cross for your sins, you will get relief for your conscience in the knowledge that those sins are put away forever. But if you look at the cross, and see Christ dying for you, and see that you died with Christ, you will learn that you have a new life, and a new place, a new standing before God altogether. As the Apostle says,

'I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me' Gal_2:20

It is an immense thing to see this new standing. As a sinner I was in Adam, and a partaker of death and judgment, but, by grace, I am now in Christ, where Christ now is, before God." --W. T. P. Wolston

Blessings
J.

Reactions: dev553344

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Land of the Long White Cloud
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Greetings dear brother. My understanding is, although there is a believers salvation on earth, there is also a completion of that salvation when our earthly body is shed and we put on our heavenly bodies. 2 corinthians 5:1-5. The bible tells us that our earthly bodies cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven.1 Corinthians 15:50. If that were true than there is an inheritence for believers that can only be had without the tent that we live in right now [our flesh]. The bible also tells us that Jesus is coming again - Hebrews 9:28, Matthew 7:21-23, John 14:3, Acts 1:11 and I can go on.....Blessings and Peace!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings dear brother. My understanding is, although there is a believers salvation on earth, there is also a completion of that salvation when our earthly body is shed and we put on our heavenly bodies. 2 corinthians 5:1-5. The bible tells us that our earthly bodies cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven. 1 corinthians 15:50. If that were true than there is an inheritence for believers that can only be had without the tent that we live in right now [our flesh]. The bible also tells us that Jesus is coming again - Hebrews 9:28, Matthew 7:21-23, John 14:3, Acts 1:11 and I can go on.....Blessings and Peace!
Yeah what she said!

@Johann I have to be honest about getting peace knowing my sins are forgiven. It wasn't until after Heavenly Father forgave my sins that Satan kept bringing them up. He seems relentlessly hell bent on making my life miserable.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
384542-D-L-Moody-Quote-God-has-cast-our-confessed-sins-into-the-depths-of.jpg

Micah 7:18-20

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means that even satan has no right to bring up to you, what God has already forgiven. You tell the devil to leave and stop lying to you, in Jesus mighty name.....:);)
Thanks, I wish I knew that before. Well to be honest. I kept saying sorry to God whenever that spirit was bringing up my past. Then I remembered that God had forgiven me. I realized it was Satan and he has since stopped. But wow what a ride for a while there.

Reactions: Nancy and Angelina

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The devil will try anything to keep you in bondage but when God forgives you, you are forgiven and if the son of God has set you free, you are free indeed. John 8:36 Don't give him a chance. Satan knows what his destiny is and he's just trying to destroy God's plan for mankind as much as he can before his time is up! :)