Our purpose in life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
maybe, maybe not, we'll see when you take up the challenge i guess.

Prolly depends upon who gets to define "absolute truth," too; i mean if "thou shalt not murder" is considered an absolute truth by someone, we will disagree.
I guess we'll know in 3 days.
In 7 it should be finished. Have a nice eternity.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok you win. I have a reading comprehension problem, the KJV is a poor version of the Bible, and God doesn't want us to seek or speak truth.

Feel better?
Thanks, but I won about 2000 years ago when my Lord died for me upon a cross of wood. What He has required is that we believe Him and that He rose again from the dead. Seeking truth, well that's pretty much for philosophers and good luck with that in world filled with liars and step climbers.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ha but yikes M the world is full of puppies and virgins too ok.
Your eye is a lamp to your body, and your confession is "full of liars and step climbers," see.
I guess we'll know in 3 days.
In 7 it should be finished. Have a nice eternity.
today is plenty for me, ty

Last edited:
Reactions: FHII

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thank you for proving my point, even though you're using a poor translation. A man isn't an it, a city is, and the passage is about the judgment of the city of Jerusalem (cities in the Old Testament were almost universally referred to in the feminine gender, but your translation uses the word it rather than her to clarify the meaning.) Perhaps you should consider studying scripture with a proper study bible that has the notes of some genuine student of scripture.
There are likely many genuine students of the Bible who know very little because they don't know Jesus. Knowing the Bible well, is not equal to knowing Jesus:

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matt 7:22-23

Also many genuine students of the Bible who know much are nothing because they do not have charity/love:

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing." I Cor 13:1-3

Reactions: bbyrd009

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are likely many genuine students of the Bible who know very little because they don't know Jesus. Knowing the Bible well, is not equal to knowing Jesus:

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matt 7:22-23

Also many genuine students of the Bible who know much are nothing because they do not have charity/love:

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing." I Cor 13:1-3
Well interesting. And i agree. But pardo was adressing me. So, what are you saying about me?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well interesting. And i agree. But pardo was adressing me. So, what are you saying about me?
I am afraid my friend that I was saying nothing about you. I simply read his post and was led to respond so I did. Did you want me to say something about you? I have only read a few of your things. Sometimes I may put in a "like" to let the person know I approve. Sometimes I will do nothing. As God leads me hopefully I will speak or not:

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1

"... a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:7

Reactions: FHII

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
A man who is physically uncircumcised, but who fulfills the law, will judge you who are a lawbreaker in spite of having the letter of the law and circumcision.

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
hmm, i can say that you (almost) must have been objectified by him in order to even be addressed by him; be interesting to go see if i am right. But i could also be accused of having just followed your convo too i guess.