Our purpose in life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you have no real argument to make, just post lists of unrelated scripture cherry picked to meet your own imagination, or simply pretend to be on higher ground and attack the character of people you don't know. I love these pointless discussions, and still hope to find at least one spiritual mind that has actually read scripture and understood it.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which things that God put in the scripture? Because he spoke quite a bit about truth. For example, he said in Jer 5:1 that if any seek truth, he will pardon them.

Besides, why should I believe you?
Try reading Jeremiah 5:1 again very slowly. The verse says "pardon her" and refers to Jerusalem not to the individual seeking truth.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The “Israel” of today, are they following Him or are they defying Him-?
If not, and they continue on this path, ~~~~~ this is what follows~~~~~~

(Ezek 21:32 KJV) Thou shalt be for fuel to the fire; thy blood shall be in the midst of the land; thou shalt be no more remembered: for I the LORD have spoken it.

& so it is written :)-
and so it is misinterpreted.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try reading Jeremiah 5:1 again very slowly. The verse says "pardon her" and refers to Jerusalem not to the individual seeking truth.

No, it doesn't.
Jeremiah 5:1 KJV
Run ye to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be any that executeth judgment, that seeketh the truth; and I will pardon it.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it doesn't.
Jeremiah 5:1 KJV
Run ye to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be any that executeth judgment, that seeketh the truth; and I will pardon it.
thank you for proving my point, even though you're using a poor translation. A man isn't an it, a city is, and the passage is about the judgment of the city of Jerusalem (cities in the Old Testament were almost universally referred to in the feminine gender, but your translation uses the word it rather than her to clarify the meaning.) Perhaps you should consider studying scripture with a proper study bible that has the notes of some genuine student of scripture.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thank you for proving my point, even though you're using a poor translation. A man isn't an it, a city is, and the passage is about the judgment of the city of Jerusalem (cities in the Old Testament were almost universally referred to in the feminine gender, but your translation uses the word it rather than her to clarify the meaning.) Perhaps you should consider studying scripture with a proper study bible that has the notes of some genuine student of scripture.
The verse says if any MAN seeketh the truth. That was my point. A city itself doesn't seek truth. The people in the city do. And God said if there was a man that did, he would pardon it (yes I do know the "it" was Jerusalem. I'm not sure how you feel about the subject, but I think its something God wants us to do.

Since you seemed to have shunned my answer as being perhaps God's will for us is to seek truth, I'm not sure as to how important you think it is.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Wish it were today, so I'd say wrong.
ha, used to love that song, myself.

it is today, Michael, which is why the song is so nefarious, ok, and why you won't ever be in that position.
But you pretenders and wannabes will meet Him soon enough.
i just can't tell you how ironic this sounds coming from someone who is looking for Jesus to come tomorrow.
you put me right in my place with this, M, outside the camp; i am one of "them" now, yes.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When you have no real argument to make, just post lists of unrelated scripture cherry picked to meet your own imagination, or simply pretend to be on higher ground and attack the character of people you don't know. I love these pointless discussions, and still hope to find at least one spiritual mind that has actually read scripture and understood it.
i attacked your character? well i sincerely apologize if i have done this, i certainly didn't mean to. i am still learning that i am just like the rest of men myself, ok, and so sometimes i still contend, imagining the faith needs my help lol. i come here to have my beliefs attacked, so i have to remind myself that others are still personally invested in their beliefs, and that challenging a belief is often taken as a personal attack.

When you are correct; i have no argument to make. And if i have assumed the best chair, at least you can trust that i will be asked to get up out of it soon enough, huh?

and i remember those pointless discussions, too, ya. These come from a frame of reference, is all i can say there; the same frame as the one who says "you pretenders and wannabes will meet Him soon enough." the wall is clearly visible in either case, see.
I love these pointless discussions, and still hope to find at least one spiritual mind that has actually read scripture and understood it.
you don't think maybe part a will cancel out part b there? lol
there are none, ok, we are just not worthy, like you. But life is crap, right, and God isn't taking care of you worth a hoot, is He. Now, just pray it with me bro, and i'll pray it with you lol "Lord, we than you that we are not like these other useless pots of rot" lol i mean srsly? best of luck with that, ok. Sorry again if i offended you ha

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
the truth is, what is currently true will shortly be false.

And no one reading this can state a single factual objective truth from Scripture anyway, at least it hasn't been done yet imo, the closest anyone has come is to restate some ideal, "thou shalt not" or whatever, even though we quite obviously shall lol, so i suggest the pointlessness lies there, in the Book being misused.

if you think you have found some truth in Scripture, then bring it here and show it to me. And i mean a single one. But be prepared to subject it to the fire, ok, a poll or whatever. You might be prepared to change your mind, because i am confident i can disprove your claim, but that part is optional.

and btw imo that is our purpose in life--to change our minds. Jesus is not going to change your mind for you; Jesus is going to send seven spirits worse than the one you had, for that.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The verse says if any MAN seeketh the truth. That was my point. A city itself doesn't seek truth. The people in the city do. And God said if there was a man that did, he would pardon it (yes I do know the "it" was Jerusalem. I'm not sure how you feel about the subject, but I think its something God wants us to do.

Since you seemed to have shunned my answer as being perhaps God's will for us is to seek truth, I'm not sure as to how important you think it is.
nice, F, you are a city on a hill :)

Reactions: FHII

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That would be because you appear to have a reading comprehension problem.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha, used to love that song, myself.

it is today, Michael, which is why the song is so nefarious, ok, and why you won't ever be in that position.

i just can't tell you how ironic this sounds coming from someone who is looking for Jesus to come tomorrow.
you put me right in my place with this, M, outside the camp; i am one of "them" now, yes.
good luck with that, your Christ likeness is evident to all.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the truth is, what is currently true will shortly be false.

And no one reading this can state a single factual objective truth from Scripture anyway, at least it hasn't been done yet imo, the closest anyone has come is to restate some ideal, "thou shalt not" or whatever, even though we quite obviously shall lol, so i suggest the pointlessness lies there, in the Book being misused.

if you think you have found some truth in Scripture, then bring it here and show it to me. And i mean a single one. But be prepared to subject it to the fire, ok, a poll or whatever. You might be prepared to change your mind, because i am confident i can disprove your claim, but that part is optional.

and btw imo that is our purpose in life--to change our minds. Jesus is not going to change your mind for you; Jesus is going to send seven spirits worse than the one you had, for that.
Now you've blasphemed the Holy Spirit as well.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be because you appear to have a reading comprehension problem.
Ok you win. I have a reading comprehension problem, the KJV is a poor version of the Bible, and God doesn't want us to seek or speak truth.

Feel better?

Reactions: bbyrd009