Our Rights in God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
does that mean I'm ok if I believe different doctrinally than you?

Depends on if your doctrine agrees with what God's Word teaches.

Basically, doctrine is another word for teaching and those that claim doctrine doesn't matter are actually saying what the Lord teaches in His Word... doesn't matter.

Those that take that attitude create opposition to the Lord in their own lives and don't even know it.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yessir!

The only thing I would change in your comments is... NOT capitalizing 'ol slewfoot's name.

he is a defeated foe that does not deserve the respect View attachment 39064
:jest::jest::jest:
Spell check and I are in a constant battle over the word satan . I have it in small letters, uncapped and it changes by the time I post.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard a thing . . .

Tough times make for strong people.
Strong people make for good times.
Good times make for weak people.
Weak people make for tough times.

But at the end, the beast will drag most this world down with him.

Much love!
Yes the road is narrow and the gate strait, few there are whom will find it.
Yet worse are those whom claim to be headed towards and walking on this path that will readily follow the beast down to the lake!

Reactions: marks

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't get what you are trying to say--forgive me.

Are you saying that it is OK for folk to believe as they do? S o does that mean I'm ok if I believe different doctrinally than you?

And are you also saying that we should not say anything about what we believe--to debate? I thought that is what forums are for.
The Bible verses you have posted look like a subtle way to yell at another poster.
Wow, really !
Did you just wake up?

The above is also considered yelling !
I cannot help you !

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends on if your doctrine agrees with what God's Word teaches.

Basically, doctrine is another word for teaching and those that claim doctrine doesn't matter are actually saying what the Lord teaches in His Word... doesn't matter.

Those that take that attitude create opposition to the Lord in their own lives and don't even know it.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
:Zek:thank you.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, it's proper that 'ol slewfoot spend eternity in hell.

And it's sad that many don't realize that not abiding In Christ their whole lives enduring unto the end... results in them receiving the devil's reward which it eternal separation from the Lord in hell that was created for satan and his fallen angels
devil_smiley4.gif

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, it's proper that 'ol slewfoot spend eternity in hell.

And it's sad that many don't realize that not abiding In Christ their whole lives enduring unto the end... results in them receiving the devil's reward which it eternal separation from the Lord in hell that was created for satan and his fallen angels
View attachment 39083
It truly is sad.
Their father had all the splendor of God before his eyes. He was created in the line of great beauty and a majestic voice, yet when pride entered his heart, HE CHOSE HIS OWN FINAL DESTINATION.

They choose to listen to his lies, believe it's delusion and be damned with him in an eternity of eternal torment of punishment.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A couple of ppl are posting of how some idolize the word of God, it's just a book yada yada.

It makes my blood boil !

No one would have any rights AND NO SALVATION if not for the word being shared by the disciples of Christ !

Romans 10:9-15

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A couple of ppl are posting of how some idolize the word of God, it's just a book yada yada.

Yeah, that's a trick 'ol slewfoot tries to use to con people in to going by feelings and experiences rather than what God says in His Word.

It's a whole lot easier to deceive those going by feelings and experiences than it is to deceived a student of God's written Word!

If it weren't for God's Word... we wouldn't know the difference between Jesus and Billy Bob at the welfare office.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't get what you are trying to say--forgive me.

Are you saying that it is OK for folk to believe as they do? S o does that mean I'm ok if I believe different doctrinally than you?

And are you also saying that we should not say anything about what we believe--to debate? I thought that is what forums are for.
The Bible verses you have posted look like a subtle way to yell at another poster.
I'm sorry @Cassandra
Please forgive my snarkiness.
Wow, really !
Did you just wake up?

The above is also considered yelling !
I cannot help you !
I apologize!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm
We serve God...
God doesn't serve us. Just saying.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God doesn't serve us. Just saying.

What if it's a covenant, where both parties want to serve each other?

There's all kinds of promises in scripture where the Lord is wanting to do wonderful things for His faithful and loyal people.

Obviously our desire should be to please the Lord first and foremost, but the Lord wants to bless us as well.

The great blessing is the Lord sharing Himself with us! He IS our exceeding great reward!

• Love