Our Rights in God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all in America are afforded these rights call " Miranda" as citizens. I do not know if other countries have them but I'd like us to do a comparison on the rights comparing them to our citizenship rights afforded by God.1000015963.png

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#1. our right to remain silent; here I find ppl DO NOT exercise this right but continue to talk to authorities.

1000015965.png

Reactions: amadeus

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#2.Matthew 12:36/37
But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Proverbs 18:21 KJV

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#3.Our advocate aka attorney

Hebrews 4:
14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 8:34
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

1 John 2:2
And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. 3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our co-counselor

Romans 8:26
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it. 26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

John 14:26,
"But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." Jesus is not going to abandon us, he promises to send the Advocate, other translations say the Helper, or the Comforter.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#4 Appointed of God, not man.

Hebrews 5:5-6
5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Hebrews 9: 27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Hebrews 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#4 Appointed of God, not man.

Hebrews 5:5-6
5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

Hebrews 9: 27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Hebrews 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Interesting thread!

I think there is much in our society and culture that finds it's origins in the Bible.

Much love!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Received by our belief in him
Romans 3:25-28
whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; to declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

John 1:12-13 NKJ
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to
become children of God, to
those who believe in His name:who were born, not of blood,nor of the will of the flesh, nor oft he will of man, but of God.

Hebrews 10:19-22
19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us,through the veil, that is to say, hisflesh;
21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

1 Timothy 2:5-6
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Hebrews 7:25
25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Hebrews 9:26
26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Ephesians 2:18
18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be sure you know your rights as citizens if this world and those afforded toys through God by our belief in His Son and his word !

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting thread!

I think there is much in our society and culture that finds it's origins in the Bible.

Much love!
I agree as the foundation of our constitution was based on standards of God.
People left British rule bc of the oppression of religious freedom, and taxation.

When there is oppression, ppl are ready to turn to the power of God for relief. Before Christ second coming this same oppressive behaviour by governments and the A.C. will again cause ppl to seek a country not under the rule of satan and man but of God !

Reactions: marks

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#3.Our advocate aka attorney

Hebrews 4:
14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Some take this to mean they can still live in sin and Jesus will talk to the Father for us to get Him to forgive us as we continue to live in sin. In other words, no repentance from sin is necessary according to some folks

What about God's promises concerning healing?

That should be a right because Jesus took or sickness and disease upon His Body so we could be healed!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some take this to mean they can still live in sin and Jesus will talk to the Father for us to get Him to forgive us as we continue to live in sin. In other words, no repentance from sin is necessary according to some folks

That should be a right because Jesus took or sickness and disease upon His Body so we could be healed!
I agree some will inevitably corrupt any truth of God's word to justify their lifestyle that is contrary to his commandments.

I was using just the premise of the Miranda rights afforded the citizens of society in comparison to some of the rights God has for us. Trying to bring awareness of all the rights we have as joint- heirs with Jesus; the Son of God, instead of the multiple threads on denominal doctrines in dispute within this site. We limit God when we limit our belief in his whole word.

God's promises to his children go far beyond any advocacy or rights we have in him, that we never claim as our own.

I believe in Pentecost as a continuing work of the Holy Spirit. He has not ceased, as some claim & believe, to do those things promised to his children. His gifts including healing, words of knowledge, helps ect as found under Paul's epistle all are rights to believers.

Any are free to go deeper in showing the blessings, promises and or rights God has stated in his word to those that are his.

We both know that NOT all that claim to love and follow God truly believe, stand on nor walk in faith, trusting him and his word. That is on the individual!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To the pretenders of faith who DISBELIEVE that we must remain in the vine and endure to the end to receive eternal life, they will continue to absolve themselves. They refuse to recognize they sin and must confess, repent and forsake the weight & sin that besets them.

What may tempt one person may have zero effect on another but all must be brought under submission to him through his Spirit's conviction. God will not accept nor allow any sin to inherit heaven!

This is not a feel better about oneself religion but is a life and death battle with Satan.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree as the foundation of our constitution was based on standards of God.
People left British rule bc of the oppression of religious freedom, and taxation.

When there is oppression, ppl are ready to turn to the power of God for relief. Before Christ second coming this same oppressive behaviour by governments and the A.C. will again cause ppl to seek a country not under the rule of satan and man but of God !
I've heard a thing . . .

Tough times make for strong people.
Strong people make for good times.
Good times make for weak people.
Weak people make for tough times.

But at the end, the beast will drag most this world down with him.

Much love!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't get what you are trying to say--forgive me.

Are you saying that it is OK for folk to believe as they do? S o does that mean I'm ok if I believe different doctrinally than you?

And are you also saying that we should not say anything about what we believe--to debate? I thought that is what forums are for.
The Bible verses you have posted look like a subtle way to yell at another poster.