Outer Form Living

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Outer form living with inner form knowledge. What is it that gives you outer form living? Where do you get your understanding for living a life of a Christian? That comes directly from Spirit teaching, Spirit taught knowledge. If you are making strides at living a good life (finger quotes) then it may be that you are not hearing what the Holy Spirit is teaching you. Now those that live a good life, they are better off than someone living say an evil life. But just living a good life is not living Christ. Spirit taught knowledge is a knowledge revealed by the Holy Spirit, a knowledge that teaches you Christ in you, you learn him in you.

You live outer form by inner form knowledge. The apostle Paul gives alot of information we are to follow, "he says follow me." But that is in an outer since because he knew every man was created unique with no two alike, having their own gifts and calling, Romans 12. Paul makes the distinction by separating soul and spirit, complete in spirit, being completed in soul-mind. "He that is joined to the Lord is one spirit." That is one of my favorite verses because I spent years being told the opposite. You know what bad teaching does, it makes you dig in and find out for your self. So that is not so bad in the end, but if you don't find out for your self then you are left in the dark.

So in the end how do I live then, simple; according to your knowledge, so what you learn will determine what you live. If I learn Christ as life, that is what I will live, whatever you learn is what you will live. If I learn spirit, I will live spirit, if I learn self effort and fleshly living that's what I will live. It is a principle of God, you are what you eat so to speak "as a man thinketh, so is he." It's like a AA member, I know a few, they stand every meeting and declare they are an alcoholic. It is not written anywhere, the Lord didn't say that but it makes them feel better to confess for years a mistake they made at one time. Point being if you confess your an alcoholic then you have not cleared your mind of the junk that is in it, it's still filled with self pity, self loathing, self self self. That goes nowhere, the point of AA is they do help people and are based on the Bible, at least their interpretation but no help for the mind it just goes around and around the mountain.

The only help for the mind is to follow Paul, he got the answer directly from Jesus Christ. Paul's answer for humanity comes in the form of the written interpreted by the Holy Spirit. There is no other way for man to find help in the time of need.