Overcoming The World

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. - John 16:33.

Take note: of the words "in me."

Overcoming the world by Christ in you: The world doesn't need to change in order for you to overcome the world. A fellow said to me one time 'I'll be glad when we get back to living like the days of Adam and Eve in the garden.' But what we know about the garden is - it had some pitfalls in it. It was not the paradise we would suppose.

First: It had a tree in it that you could not eat from..and if you did you would die. Adam didn't even know what death was . He had never experienced death. Death didn't exist in Adam's world. So when he was told not to eat from the tree and he was tempted to eat from it. You can hear Adam say "how bad could death be."

Second: It had Satan in it. You can read and see an outcome with Satan in Adam's world that would turn the world upside down. A revolution came to the world and by the change in the world - the lieing spirit took the world and the creation of God in the world.. captive by sin. By the sinning rebel nature of the original sinner himself 'Satan,' the world (by humanity) would contain a; sinning-death-rebel-nature-spirit-life, and enmity with the Creator. So the garden is really the last place you want to go back to.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. - 1 John 3:8.

This is; THE MESSAGE written on sin, and where it comes from and how it comes into the world and how Jesus Christ destroyed (killed out-crucified-on the cross-all in Adam) sin in the world.
Understand; sin does not come from Adam - it only comes through Adam into the world. Adam is not the sinner.. Satan is the sinner from the beginning. Adam partook of that sin and became a sinner by nature. But never was Adam the original root of sin - that sin comes from Satan. That is good news for humanity that lives under condemnation of sin.

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: - Romans 5:12.

Our text verse of overcoming is the way out of sin. Not by changing the world - but by changing the nature of the human being! Humanity is exchanged at the cross. Death to sin (all in Adam crucified in Christ).

For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: - 2 Corinthians 5:14.

We overcome the world by "Christ in you." That is how you get the new nature - it is a Christ in you nature. That is what you received the moment you believed on the Lord Jesus Christ! A new nature. Old things are passed away, and behold all things become new.

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. - 2 Corinthians 5:17.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. - John 16:33.

Overcoming the world by Christ in you: The world doesn't need to change in order for you to overcome the world. A fellow said to me one time 'I'll be glad when we get back to living like the days of Adam and Eve in the garden.' But what we know about the garden is - it had some pitfalls in it. It was not the paradise we would suppose.

First: It had a tree in it that you could not eat from..and if you did you would die. Adam didn't even know what death was . He had never experienced death. Death didn't exist in Adam's world. So when he was told not to eat from the tree and he was tempted to eat from it. You can hear Adam say "how bad could death be."

Second: It had Satan in it. You can read and see an outcome with Satan in Adam's world that would turn the world upside down. A revolution came to the world and by the change in the world - the lieing spirit took the world and the creation of God in the world.. captive by sin. By the sinning rebel nature of the original sinner himself 'Satan,' the world (by humanity) would contain a; sinning-death-rebel-nature-spirit-life, and enmity with the Creator. So the garden is really the last place you want to go back to.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. - 1 John 3:8.

This is; THE MESSAGE written on sin, and where it comes from and how it comes into the world and how Jesus Christ destroyed (killed out-crucified-on the cross-all in Adam) sin in the world.
Understand; sin does not come from Adam - it only comes through Adam into the world. Adam is not the sinner.. Satan is the sinner from the beginning. Adam partook of that sin and became a sinner by nature. But never was Adam the original root of sin - that sin comes from Satan. That is good news for humanity that lives under condemnation of sin.

12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: - Romans 5:12.

Our text verse of overcoming is the way out of sin. Not by changing the world - but by changing the nature of the human being! Humanity is exchanged at the cross. Death to sin (all in Adam crucified in Christ).

For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: - 2 Corinthians 5:14.

We overcome the world by "Christ in you." That is how you get the new nature - it is a Christ in you nature. That is what you received the moment you believed on the Lord Jesus Christ! A new nature. Old things are passed away, and behold all things become new.

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. - 2 Corinthians 5:17.

EXCELLENT
only one thing i would change = We, who are in Christ, are Going Back to Future

Let me know if you can figure it out - Peace

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EXCELLENT
only one thing i would change = We, who are in Christ, are Going Back to Future

Let me know if you can figure it out - Peace

Hi David.. I'm in your part of the country today :) kind of.. Pennsylvania. Getting ready to fly out, beautiful part of the world. I'm not sure what going back to the future is, what is your thoughts?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi David.. I'm in your part of the country today :) kind of.. Pennsylvania. Getting ready to fly out, beautiful part of the world. I'm not sure what going back to the future is, what is your thoughts?

Clue #1: Where it all Began it all Ends and the End is not the END but a New Beginning

PEACE

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did the Tree of Life begin and where does it end = yet without ending = only New Beginning
If it is Jesus and He is Alpha and Omega...? Is He not that Tree? Are we not to eat His flesh and drink His blood?

Give God the glory indeed!

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it is Jesus and He is Alpha and Omega...? Is He not that Tree? Are we not to eat His flesh and drink His blood?

Give God the glory indeed!

YES, Amen, HalelluYah Brother - and what began in the Garden, the Tree of Life(only began as the Story to us, but is Eternal) is the End (Revelation ch21 & ch22) but not the End(satan/earth) but a NEW Beginning.

NOTICE that the Tree of Life and satan were both in the Garden but only ONE is VICTORIOUS - Forever and Ever - AMEN

So Genesis begins with "In the Beginning God/Elohim and it Ends with WHOM it Began =

Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.
2Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”

5Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.
And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.

“And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
13I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”

And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. 4They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. 5There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.

You and i will soon be there Brother - make sure we meet - Amen

Reactions: amadeus

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Morning David how are you today. Ok may need another clue :)

When i try and figure out puzzles, i usually focus so hard that i miss the obvious - as the saying goes 'hidden in plain sight'.

Personally, i like challenges, so please do not take this in a wrong way - let me know if you are upset with me Brother.

CLUE #2 Your OP on this Thread holds the answer.

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When i try and figure out puzzles, i usually focus so hard that i miss the obvious - as the saying goes 'hidden in plain sight'.

Personally, i like challenges, so please do not take this in a wrong way - let me know if you are upset with me Brother.

CLUE #2 Your OP on this Thread holds the answer.[/QUOte

Oh no not upset at all I like a good challenge. Answering my own thoughts may be a challenge lol. Hey I think a believer needs that conclusion even if it's for themselves. Especially when they come to it on their own as they feel lead. Um let's see I'll have to reread OP.

Reactions: David in NJ

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@soul man Great verses there; I often think of John 16.33; He is there with us in tribulation and the victory has already been won; 1 Corinthians 15.57-58.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok reread. I have a question? When we say gospel are we talking about the death burial and resurrection.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@soul man Great verses there; I often think of John 16.33; He is there with us in tribulation and the victory has already been won; 1 Corinthians 15.57-58.

Those verses in Corinthians 57-58, would seem to go with what is big things that get done for the lord. Not everyone is going to be able to conquer the world for God..but we do as we feel lead to do what it is we can do. It will not go in vain. Great verse's!