Paranoia? The Devil’s Tricks?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brian-Mary cannot save, so won’t save you...only Jesus can save you (sinners/the world)
Even Jesus could not save or heal in some places - where there was too much unbelief, as written in Scripture.

As long as the people believed or followed men (like following the catholic group/priests) , loved money, and were selfish, and would not turn to Jesus and ask for help from Him, they went on "as usual" , unchanged, unsaved, unhealed.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Even Jesus could not save or heal in some places - where there was too much unbelief, as written in Scripture.

As long as the people believed or followed men (like following the catholic group/priests) , loved money, and were selfish, and would not turn to Jesus and ask for help from Him, they went on "as usual" , unchanged, unsaved, unhealed.
Agreed & ignoring

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read hes still taking the pills. To be completely cured he needs Mary.

That's what God is waiting on him for.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read hes still taking the pills. To be completely cured he needs Mary.
The way of the devil, no, not good nor right. That is a false teaching inside a false gospel, accursed (all who foolishly follow that or bring it) .

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know all your guys mary insults. You'll just have to deal with the mental illness.

Jesus has shown how to cure your mental illness, and it requires giving up the false gospel of the devil who keeps you sick and in sin. It is not us who have to deal with it, but you have to live with it yourself.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven’t posted in a while, and I’ve been thinking about how to word this for a while too. I have anxiety, I take medicine for it, and pray for God to help me cope with it. I went on an Anxiety Message Board to ask about this a few months back as well(The answer they gave me, was, it was is a form of paranoia. So, let me get straight to the point. I have a lot of thoughts in my mind. Thoughts that I don’t think are true. So, I was wondering. Is this the Devil up to his Old Tricks? Or is it Just Paronia. I appreciate any answers.
Are you baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins?

Have you received the baptism of the Holy Ghost like they did in Acts 2?

If you have these things in your life, then you qualify for this....

7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I haven’t posted in a while, and I’ve been thinking about how to word this for a while too. I have anxiety, I take medicine for it, and pray for God to help me cope with it. I went on an Anxiety Message Board to ask about this a few months back as well(The answer they gave me, was, it was is a form of paranoia. So, let me get straight to the point. I have a lot of thoughts in my mind. Thoughts that I don’t think are true. So, I was wondering. Is this the Devil up to his Old Tricks? Or is it Just Paronia. I appreciate any answers.
Hello @Rylan Moffitt,

It is nice to meet you.

I don't think it will help you to think about your condition as attributable to Satan. No! Please don't go down that avenue of thought, for it is not wise. Look rather to find the solution to it from the Lord Himself. There is so much in Scripture which is geared to getting rid of anxiety. We are told to 'fret not' ourselves, but to 'cast our care upon Him for He careth for us.'

This is a battle so many of us have to fight at some time in our lives, and for some it is more of a problem than others. I believe that the solution is to praise God, to praise Him, even when your spirits are low, even when the last thing you want to do is praise, and by constantly casting your care upon the Lord, by refusing to give it thought space. It is so easy to indulge in anxious thoughts, and spend hours in miserable contemplation, but it leads nowhere. Only by keeping our minds stayed upon Christ our Saviour, and upon all that He has done for us, and on the blessings that He has bestowed upon us, can we be delivered from these 'nadgers'.

I have a sister who has been inclined to anxiety all of her life, and has also fallen prey to many illnesses, which upon diagnosis have been indirectly attributable to stress or anxiety, so it is vital that you take every means to step outside the anxiety pathway, and walk in the joy of our Lord's presence instead.

Physical exercise is also helpful, walks in the countryside, a jog in the park, and having fun. Taking pleasure in the world of nature around you that God has created for our pleasure.

Praise God!

Thank you Rylan, for your post.
Wishing you every blessing
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: 2 Chr. 34:19

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

it's not the devil. However, the devil can use your anxiety and paranoia as a prison. refusing medication, counseling or any other possible help plays right into the devils hands. i am not even claiming that any of the things i listed are right for you, but dismissing any help out right, is an example of losing hope, which is exactly what the devil is striving for.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, I was wondering. Is this the Devil up to his Old Tricks? Or is it Just Paronia. I appreciate any answers.
It could be either, or a combination of both.
  1. Keep taking your medicine as your doctor prescribes it.
  2. (If you aren't already) go to a church that is good with mental illness.
The Church & Mental Illness...

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
rolleyes
i think everyone has thoughts that seem to come from nowhere? Likely a result of having free will imo, but fwiw anxiety can also be a marker of a deficiency, and i would counsel against taking medication at all costs. You might examine your endocannabinoid system and what you are feeding it, if anything. Omega 3 deficiency can also cause paranoia, Omega 3 deficiency can also cause paranoia - Google Search
" The brain is incredibly sensitive to inflammation, not the type you can feel ..."
but i would ignore the fish oil advice and seek vegetable sources fwiw

and if you are on psychotropic meds? The only easy way off that i am aware of is CBD

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
panic attack is a horrible affliction.. one time I was overcome with fear I was in the middle of a robbery. But now I don't care If I was I would say shoot me..and walk away. Love make u brave to everything.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello brother. Anxiety has been something I have prayed about for many years. I take a couple anxiety medications that took quite awhile to get right. When I miss a dose, I do feel it. Even still I wait and trust in God that one day I will be completely healed of anxiety. It may or may not be in this life, but what I know is my life in Christ Jesus has helped me cope with this problem. It is a lie from the enemy to live in guilt about it. Guilt and shame make anxiety worse. At least it did for me. Do you know the Bible says, I believe, 365 times in the Bible, "Do not fear?" That is one for every day of the year! God help you with your struggle brother. Hope this encourages you.

We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,
2 Corinthians 10:5

For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reactions: aspen