Part 2: "The Love of God, a Message from a Season of Cleansing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
What Blocks the opportunity for spiritual cleansing cont:
2) The Busies, I call our second block to spiritual cleansing. Losing contact, breaking intimacy with God through distractions. Like well I ned to straighten up house before I get with the Lord. Need to move the car or give the dog a bath before I spend time with my Heavenly Father. Forgetting that Satan's goal is to keep the Christian off of his or her's knees through these distractions. Before we know it is ; "Well I'll make up for missing appointment with the King of Kings tomorrow.". What happens this goes on and on, day after day. Each day we get away from His presence and unable to experience His Love. Therefore missing out on much needed cleansing, renewing our mind and spirit. I've learned to make a set appointment with Jesus each day ,and keep it. Is there anything more important than meeting with Our Lord Jesus Christ? Through the spiritual cleansing I found that my intimacy with Jesus is even closer, as the work of the Holy Spirit progresses. See; Daniel 9:13 3) Waiting on the Lord; Along with our prayer life comes what is even more a must. Waiting and Listening for God to speak. Jacob persisted until the Lord answered. Jacob would not quit until the Lord responded to him. How many of us just give God a high five, never bothering to wait on Him. When we do this prayer is not complete. I admit that many times when the Lord blesses me I just say "thank you Lord.". This is okay and we should. Many times though the high five turns out to be our method of prayer due to the above (number 2). Waiting and listening are very important parts of our prayer life and they should be. It is so easy for christians to get caught up in this pattern, but sadly cause us to miss the opportunity for any cleansing.Even those in ministry at times come up to these blocks, and I pray that we all realize the importance of allowing the opportunity of spiritual cleansing and renewal be done until the day the Lord calls us all Home with Him. Love you all in Jesus Name.

gumby

May 29, 2009
How true my freind, its crucial that we take the time evry day to communicate with god and to love him. Sometimes i myself am guilty of skipping a few days here and there but we must stay in his will and plain evry day. God bless :)

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
Thank You. We must be very careful not to fall into the traps set up for evey christian to take our attention away from our communication with God. I often say,"If Satan and the things of this world can keep us off our knees, they've got us.". We are like sheep without the Shepherd. Walking blindly and dumbfounded. A soldier in the field (in the theater) without any direction going against the enemy. I've heard so many times "there are no "Lone Rangers" in Heaven nor in ministry.