Sanctification and Rebirth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sanctification and Rebirth.
Some of us have gotten these things mixed up, depending on our upbringing. I was raised in Lutheranism, and much of the spiritual life was lost on me and on the church, I think. I was raised in the knowledge of God but lacked the spiritual experience which many Pentecostals call "the Baptism of the Holy Spirit." However, the Bible just called it being "filled with the Spirit," which is something that was supposed to accompany our initial commitment to the Lord.

In my own experience, I walked away from what I knew about righteous Christian living until I was so smitten by my conscience that I had to go back to what I thought was boring religious rules. But somehow I came to learn that if I recommit myself to biblical principles and walk in the knowledge of God's righteousness I could be filled with the Spirit, having a more genuine Christian experience. I learned that Christianity is not just living by rules, but more, by living by the rules of God's presence. That means we serve Him and do what pleases Him. Then we can be filled with the Spirit.

This turn to living in righteousness all the time is what I think the Sanctification movement called a "2nd Blessing." And it is also what Pentecostals call a 2nd or "3rd blessing." In reality, they are all the same thing as they were meant to be experienced--not one experience after another, but all part of the same package.

When we convert from our backslidden condition, or from our pagan life, we embrace Christ as a living Deity. He is the human representative of the omnipresent God. We accept his life as the substitute for our failures, and then accept his gracious offer to be filled with both his righteousness and Holy Spirit. It is a choice we make, which obtains, as a result, God's presence in our lives. We can thus live by rules that He leads us by every day, and do so with the intimate sense of whether He is pleased with us or not. This will maintain our spiritual status with Him.

If we wish to walk in God's good pleasure, we must choose to know Him and to obey Him. In this way we can experience Salvation, Sanctification, and the Spirit Baptism all at once! :)

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sanctification is an ongoing work in your life by the Holy Spirit. In other words, the Holy Spirit continues to convict your sins more and more; and you become more like Christ. The 2nd blessing is what the Holy Spirit gives you to be more sinless, and increase knowledge.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This turn to living in righteousness all the time

1.) The born again are instantly "Made Righteous". .having received from God the "Gift of Righteousness", which causes all of the born again to exist as "the righteousness of God, in Christ"., forever.
From "new birth" until forever.

The born again can't become more righteous, then they become at "new Birth"., having received the "Gift of Righteousness"..

See, here is how that works..

You go to the Cross, as a hell bound sinner. All you have to offer God is your lifetime of sins.
If you tried to "clean up" before you asked God to save you, then you are still an ungodly sinner trying to clean up.
Its meaningless.
GOD only accepts you, because your "FAITH in Christ, is counted by God, as (Christ's) Righteousness".

2.) What does all that "bible speak", actually mean.

It means that Christ took all your sin on Himself, and then...= God gave you as a "Gift".... the Holy Life that is Christ's Righteousness, as if you lived it. As if you are that one.
And you are... because you have been "made righteous" by "The Gift of Righteousness.'"

3.) Now.... the believer has to learn how to "work out their salvation" (that they have) , so that they become "as many as be PERFECT" Paul teaches.

And that "perfection" is not works or lifestyle, as sometimes a believer loses their temper, or does not give when they should have., etc.
Maybe you hated someone recently before you stopped doing that... .for example.

See, Christianity is not you being perfect.. .Its you being Made Righteous forever...by GOD....,only based on the Cross of Christ.