Passion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ecclesiastes 9:10 KJV

10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Growing up, Id often start projects and hobbies hoping to master them but lose interest within a week or two. I was a bit disappointed that I didn't develop an all consuming passion for anything outside of reading books.

As I got older, it became clear I was more in love with the idea of having mastered a passion something than actually being invested in one. I went to college only because it was what my parents wanted. Every job Ive had was for the sake of working itself.

For me, passion doesn't look like a single minded focus on one thing. It looks like juggling a lot of different smaller things and making life hospitable for my family. When I dance in between dishes or see my new baby smile---that's what passion looks like for me.

So while I never mastered the cello from my school years, my heart sings every day when homemaking. It's not about a single task for me. It's about being adaptible---the thing God made me to be in order to be a suitable helpmate to my husband.

I hate being open about this at times but I want to be excellent---at being a woman of God, a wife, mother, and homemaker. I want to be fit and healthy, keep up my appearance, keep a clean home, cook healthy meals, and raise up children in the admonition of the Lord. I want to be all that the Proverbs 31 woman was. I started out with very little skills in those areas but my passion is to master them over a lifetime.