Passover 2009

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Blow up the trumpet in the new moon, in the time appointed, on our solemn feast day. Psalms:81:3He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down. Psalms:104:19Another scholarly Sir Isaac Newton quote:That the Israelites used the Luni-solar year is beyond question. Their months began with their new Moons. Their first month was called Abib, from the earing of Corn in that month. Their Passover was kept upon the fourteenth day of the first month, the Moon being then in the full: and if the Corn was not then ripe enough for offering the first Fruits, the Festival was put off, by adding an intercalary month to the end of the year; and the harvest was got in before the Pentecost, and the other Fruits gathered before the Feast of the seventh monthIn black and white right in front of my eyes. I'm not a song and dancer to make something in scripture say something else because someone else told me that's what it means.As for me, I blow the trumpet at the New Moon, and I prefer not to change the times. (Daniel 7:25--- the principle applies although this is addressing the end times)http://www.british-israel.ca/Sacred%20Calendar.htmHere's a link to the moon's phase: Does not look quite New yet (as of March 20) http://www.die.net/moon/

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
tim_from_pa,You celebrate any day you want. I will stick with the one I celebrate. Some day you will see. I have a study in the process, but need to stop to work on tomorrow's wedding.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
"Many people observing the word "moon" in certain passages, such as Ezekiel 46:13 and Isaiah 66:22-23, have concluded that Israel reckoned time by the moon. But the word "moon" in these passages is a palpable mistake and should read "month." Israel was forbidden all moon worship. (Deut. 4:19; 17:2-5) Josiah abolished it. (II Kings 23:5) To worship on the new moon was tantamount to moon worship, which was contrary to the Divine command.The Hebrew word for "moon" is "yareach"—"yerach," also "labanah.(H3842)" The Hebrew word for "month" is "chodesh" the same words used in the passage in Ezekiel and Isaiah. "Chodesh" is translated "month" 220 times in the Old Testament, but is arbitrarily translated "new moon" twenty times without any reason whatsoever."Take your Strong's and look up the word "month" and the word "moon" see how many are H2320 month, and how many are "moon" H3393/H3394/(H3842) "In Amos 8:5, the marginal reading is "month" instead of "moon" conceding the fact that "chodesh" means "new month," not "new moon." In I Samuel 20:5, the word translated "moon" is the identical Hebrew word trans¬lated "month" in verse 27 The word is "chodesh." The expression ''the new moon," used by the translators, was the first day of the month; this is patent from the fact that "the morrow" of verse 27 was "the second day of the month."Ezra 3.5 shows that Israel had two outstanding new months (what some call new moons), and they were synchronized to fall on the beginning of each year, the religious and civil, which as Gamble has shown was a Sabbath. They both were Abib 1 and Tisri 1, the religious and civil years respectively, or in modern terms, the church and the state.The words "new moon" as found in Colossians 2:16, come from a combination of two Greek words, "neos" and "men" which both Young and Strong in their concordances have shown to mean "new month."Leviticus 23 :24-25, and Numbers 29:1-6, are commands and directions given for the sacrifices to be offered in the celebration of the civil new year; whereas Numbers 28:11-15 gives the commands and directions for the sacrifices to be offered "in the beginning of your months": which included the first day of the first month, which as Gamble has shown, was a Sabbath, and the beginning of the religious year. Therefore we must remember that Israel's calendar was definitely solar" (ISRAEL'S CALENDAR AND THE TRUE SABBATH. CURTIS CLAIR EWING AND CHARLES WESLEY EWING.)Here are many of the Scripture verses from above:Eze 46:1 Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened. Eze 46:2 And the prince shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate without, and shall stand by the post of the gate, and the priests shall prepare his burnt offering and his peace offerings, and he shall worship at the threshold of the gate: then he shall go forth; but the gate shall not be shut until the evening. Eze 46:3 Likewise the people of the land shall worship at the door of this gate before the LORD in the sabbaths and in the new moons(H2320) . H2320חדשׁchôdeshkho'-deshFrom H2318; the new moon; by implication a month: - month (-ly), new moon.H2318חדשׁchâdashkhaw-dash'A primitive root; to be new; causatively to rebuild: - renew, repair.Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon(H2320) to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD. Isa 24:23 Then the moonH3842 shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously. H3842לבנהlebânâhleb-aw-naw'From H3835; properly (the) white, that is, the moon: - moon. See also H3838.H3838לבנה לבנאlebânâ' lebânâhleb-aw-naw', leb-aw-naw'The same as H3842; Lebana or Lebanah, one of the Nethinim: - Lebana, Lebanah.Israel was forbidden all moon worship.Deu 4:15 Take ye therefore good heed unto yourselves; for ye saw no manner of similitude on the day that the LORD spake unto you in Horeb out of the midst of the fire: Deu 4:16 Lest ye corrupt yourselves, and make you a graven image, the similitude of any figure, the likeness of male or female, Deu 4:17 The likeness of any beast that is on the earth, the likeness of any winged fowl that flieth in the air, Deu 4:18 The likeness of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likeness of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth: Deu 4:19 And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, even all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven(H5080) to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven. Israel was forbidden all moon worship.H5080נדחnâdachnaw-dakh'A primitive root; to push off; used in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively (to expel, mislead, strike, inflict, etc.) : - banish, bring, cast down (out) , chase, compel, draw away, drive (away, out, quite) , fetch a stroke, force, go away, outcast, thrust away (out) , withdraw.Deu 17:2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant, Deu 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; Deu 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: Deu 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die. 2Ki 23:1 And the king sent, and they gathered unto him all the elders of Judah and of Jerusalem. 2Ki 23:2 And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem with him, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the people, both small and great: and he read in their ears all the words of the book of the covenant which was found in the house of the LORD. 2Ki 23:3 And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, to perform the words of this covenant that were written in this book. And all the people stood to the covenant. 2Ki 23:4 And the king commanded Hilkiah the high priest, and the priests of the second order, and the keepers of the door, to bring forth out of the temple of the LORD all the vessels that were made for Baal, and for the grove, and for all the host of heaven: and he burned them without Jerusalem in the fields of Kidron, and carried the ashes of them unto Bethel. 2Ki 23:5 And he put down the idolatrous priests, whom the kings of Judah had ordained to burn incense in the high places in the cities of Judah, and in the places round about Jerusalem; them also that burned incense unto Baal, to the sun, and to the moon(H3394), and to the planets, and to all the host of heaven. H3394ירחyârêachyaw-ray'-akhFrom the same as H3391; the moon: - moon.1Sa 20:5 And David said unto Jonathan, Behold, to morrow is the new moon(H2320), and I should not fail to sit with the king at meat: but let me go, that I may hide myself in the field unto the third day at even. 1Sa 20:27 And it came to pass on the morrow, which was the second day of the month(H2320), that David's place was empty: and Saul said unto Jonathan his son, Wherefore cometh not the son of Jesse to meat, neither yesterday, nor to day? Ezr 3:5 And afterward offered the continual burnt offering, both of the new moons(H2320), and of all the set feasts of the LORD that were consecrated, and of every one that willingly offered a freewill offering unto the LORD. Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon(G3561), or of the sabbath days: G3561νουμηνίαnoumēnianoo-may-nee'-ahFeminine of a compound of G3501 and G3376 (as noun by implication of G2250) ; the festival of new moon: - new moon.G3501νέος, νεώτεροςneos neōterosneh'-os, neh-o'-ter-osA primary word, including the comparative (second form) ; “new”, that is, (of persons) youthful, or (of things) fresh; figuratively regenerate: - new, young.G3376μήνmēnmaneA primary word; a month: - month.Lev 23:24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month(H2320), shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation. Lev 23:25 Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD. Num 29:1 And in the seventh month(H2320), on the first day of the month(H2320), ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work: it is a day of blowing the trumpets unto you. Num 29:2 And ye shall offer a burnt offering for a sweet savour unto the LORD; one young bullock, one ram, and seven lambs of the first year without blemish: Num 29:3 And their meat offering shall be of flour mingled with oil, three tenth deals for a bullock, and two tenth deals for a ram, Num 29:4 And one tenth deal for one lamb, throughout the seven lambs: Num 29:5 And one kid of the goats for a sin offering, to make an atonement for you: Num 29:6 Beside the burnt offering of the month(H2320), and his meat offering, and the daily burnt offering, and his meat offering, and their drink offerings, according unto their manner, for a sweet savour, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD. Num 28:11 And in the beginnings of your months(H2320) ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the LORD; two young bullocks, and one ram, seven lambs of the first year without spot; Num 28:12 And three tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, for one bullock; and two tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, for one ram; Num 28:13 And a several tenth deal of flour mingled with oil for a meat offering unto one lamb; for a burnt offering of a sweet savour, a sacrifice made by fire unto the LORD. Num 28:14 And their drink offerings shall be half an hin of wine unto a bullock, and the third part of an hin unto a ram, and a fourth part of an hin unto a lamb: this is the burnt offering of every month(H2320) throughout the months(H2320) of the year. Num 28:15 And one kid of the goats for a sin offering unto the LORD shall be offered, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
QUOTE (tomwebster @ Mar 20 2009, 11:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71124
Num 28:15 And one kid of the goats for a sin offering unto the LORD shall be offered, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering.
Thank you sir.....I just saved this excellent post. Very well done!
biggrin.gif

colinthar

Mar 25, 2009
hello im new here i was looking for nisan 14 and found this site so i joined up. what i am looking for is the date of the passover and the date of the last supper, is nisan 14 the date of the last supper or the date of the passover, as jesus was killed the day before the passover. i know that nisan 14 is the 9th. i would realy appreciate some help with this.somthing i noticed about this post was about lights IN the firmament, would that mean that the lights were between the waters above and the waters below. i always thought that the sun and the moon were out side the firmament, and that the waters above came down in the flood. it would seem like a lot of water to completely surround the earths tragectory round the sun. or have i just missed somthing. hope to here a reply soon and looking forward to further postsgod blesscolin

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
QUOTE (tomwebster @ Mar 16 2009, 12:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70887
Do you know how the TEMPLE is set up? Did you know that at sunrise of the Vernal Equinox the first light of the sun shine perfectly over the Mt of Olives, through the eastern gate and through the front doors of the temple directly on the Holy of Holies? Think that was before Newton. Have you studied Stonehenge? Did you know that at sunrise of the Vernal Equinox the first light of the sun shine perfectly over a rock and through the front pillars directly on the altar? Think that was before Newton and maybe even your sextant. There are similar findings in the USA back in old, old, cave areas with ancient HEBREW writing and pictures that show the same thing. Have you studied the Great Pyramid? Do you know when IT was built? Someday you will remember.But you see, it doesn't really matter to me if you agree with me. We can still be friends.
Tom, I discussed the day of the Passover with another forum friend....He wrote the following:~~~~~~~~~~~~~The seven annual Feasts of The Lord revolve around the harvest cycle....not the Equinox. It is very clear in scripture. [Exodus 9:31] “And the flax and the barley was smitten: for the barley was in the ear, and the flax was bolled” [Deuteronomy 16:9] “ Seven weeks shalt thou number unto thee: begin to number the seven weeks from such time as thou beginnest to put the sickle to the corn.”The Passover (14th) Nisan/Abib & The Feast of Unleavened (15th/21st) was the observance of the barley harvest, followed by Shavuot, Sivan 6 (First Fruits) also known as Pentecost in The New Testament. This holiday was 49 days from the day after the First Sabbath of Unleavened....counting from the 16th of Nisan/Abib. If you look at the on line calendar I sent you will see that Sivan 6 is 49 days from the 16th of Nisan/Abib or exactly 50 days from the First Sabbath of Unleavened.First Fruits included the waving of the sheaf before The Lord [Leviticus 23:17] and in the seventh month we are celebrating The Feast of Ingathering (Sukkot) [Exodus 23:16]. Tabernacles represents the harvest at the end of the growing cycle. The various harvests during the growing season represent God’s Feast Days.The first month was named Abib...later changed to Nisan after the Babylonian captivity. Abib means “tender, green ears” and refers to the Barley grain in the ear. This was the only grain that had matured by the Passover season and to continue in verse 32 of [Exodus 9] “But the wheat and the rye were not smitten: for they were not grown up.”[Exodus 12:2] “This month (New Moon) shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you.” The Lord did not say “The Vernal Equinox”....He said “This Month” and months begin with new moons! The day the children of Israel came out of Egypt is noted here; [Exodus 13:4] “This day came ye out in the month Abib.”The condition of the crops was the only criteria used in determining the time of year and the Hebrews observed a Lunar cycle....not a solar cycle.When the Roman Church decided to separate Easter from Passover they ruled, at the council of Nicaea (325 a.d.) that Easter would fall on the first Sunday after the first full moon following the vernal (spring) equinox. The date was set in accordance with man made purposes and not those of God....and it created a man made holiday, Easter!There is nothing in scripture that would indicate a Solar Observance of anything by the Hebrews. Passover is a “Moed”, an appointed time and some have attempted to connect it to the equinox because of [Genesis 1:14] “ And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:” This narrows down: [Psalm 104:19] “ He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down.”In addition....the full moon is on the evening of the Eighth/Ninth. Unleavened Bread always occurs on a Full moon.~~~~~~~~~~~~~What are your thoughts?

bethog

Mar 29, 2009
QUOTE (tomwebster @ Mar 15 2009, 05:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70853
Passover, the real one, is on April 2. It begins at sundown on the 14th day after after the spring equinox.
Apr 9 Nisan 15 Pesach I (First day of Passover) Apr 10 Nisan 16 Pesach II (Passover) Apr 11 Nisan 17 Pesach III (Passover) Apr 12 Nisan 18 Pesach IV (Passover) Apr 13 Nisan 19 Pesach V (Passover) Apr 14 Nisan 20 Pesach VI (Passover) Apr 15 Nisan 21 Pesach VII (Last day of Passover) QUOTE
Should Christians celebrate Passover? This is a legitimate question to which much of the Church and most of Judaism have said no. But the answer for believers must be what is given in Holy Scripture.Should Christians celebrate Passover? When we remain faithful to the Bible, the answer is clear and unequivocal: “Because Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us; therefore, let us observe the festival [Passover and Unleavened Bread] ... with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth” (1 Cor. 5:7-8). This directive is from a Christian apostle who even then was still a Jewish rabbi, and it was given to Gentiles. What could possibly be more apparent? The next question is, How should Christians observe the Passover? Again, the Bible gives a clear answer. What better example could we have than that of our Lord Jesus Himself? According to the Gospels, He celebrated the Passover with His Disciples in the traditional Seder that the sages had prescribed for His time. The core of the modern Seder predates the time of Yeshua and was the order which He employed in the Last Supper. Christians are free to imitate Jesus’ way of life at any time; however, they are bound to no specific ritual for their salvation. Freedom in the Messiah permits great flexibility of practice.Should any remain confused, Paul gives the liturgical order for recognizing Yeshua’s sacrificial death in the Passover celebration: “For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, ‘Take, eat; this is My body which is given to you; do this in remembrance of Me.’ In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, ‘This cup is the New Covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.’ For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.” (1 Cor. 11:23-26) JewishVoice.org

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
QUOTE (whirlwind @ Apr 1 2009, 09:13 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71532
Tom, I discussed the day of the Passover with another forum friend....He wrote the following:...
I don't care what you friend says and your friend can do anything he/she wants.So will I. And I will go by the solar calendar and celebrate Passover starting at sundown on the 14th day after the spring equinox. Which this year is APRIL 2.Same for what you wrote bethog

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
QUOTE (tim_from_pa @ Mar 15 2009, 08:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70858
No I don't mind the topic shift at all. As a matter of fact, I'm an ol' electronic tech myself. Here's something I may have posted already but I want to make sure you see this. Now this is resonance! (Maybe the death angel at Passover even looked like this.)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY-AS13fl30
Staying on topic and with the off topic, and another slightly off topic.If you guys are interested in resonant frequencies pitch and what not. You might be interested in a book called, "This is your brain on music, a study of a human obsession" It's one of the, if not the best science book I've ever read. It helps that I'm a muscian though. It's awsome, it explains how the brain registers frequencies and pitch. It's a meaty read though, so much info packed into every single sentence and paragraph. Reading that book actually gave me a new perspective on "the renewal of the mind"Also, the next off topic, April 8th being passover, it's also my 14th wedding anniversary. Lot's to think about.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
QUOTE (tomwebster @ Apr 2 2009, 08:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=71667
I don't care what you friend says and your friend can do anything he/she wants.So will I. And I will go by the solar calendar and celebrate Passover starting at sundown on the 14th day after the spring equinox. Which this year is APRIL 2.Same for what you wrote bethog
unsure.gif
You sound upset. I didn't mean to cause that. I just wondered what your thoughts were about his reasoning on this subject.

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
QUOTE (tim_from_pa @ Mar 14 2009, 08:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=70842
It will be here before you know it. Passover will occur this year Wednesday April 8th at sundown.Whenever Passover occurs on a Wednesday, I dub such a year as "resonant" with the last week of our Lord. For those of you into science (like me), resonance is a fancy way of saying tuned or in tune. Your radio or television resonates to the signal. A piano string resonates to a certain pitch. Likewise, whenever Passover (Nisan 14) falls on a Wednesday, it's in tune or sync with the same days of the week that Christ was Crucified, buried and raised again as He was crucified on Passover Nisan 14, Interred the 15th on Unleavened Bread, and arose as Nisan 17 closed and 18th dawned (at sundown) to fulfill the full 3 days and nights or 72 hours.I thought I mention these facts now before time flies and I forget. I can't believe as of the time of this post that it's March 14 already.
Thanks for the info, I have been preparing again this year, but it is greater in meaning for Our Lord is returning and this may be the last one before we are removed and placed in captivity to be taken to Jerusalem to finish prophecy that brings Our Lord back. Allelujah! Vickie

colinthar

Mar 25, 2009
excuse my missunderstanding vickie, but i thought the king of the north had to arrive before slavery. or have i missed him.colin