Passover/Feast of Unleavened Bread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That's like saying a painted portrait of your mother/grandmother/great grandmother is unacceptable because it's not a photograph.
There is a big difference between a painting of one's mother based on the fact that the artist KNOWS what she looks like and a painting of God who no one KNOWS what He looks like. My God is not a naked man like Michelangelo portrayed.

That's not in the Bible, and no one is claiming such an image is "Yeshua" or God. That's the job of an anti-Catholic. Show me a verse that forbids the making of Scripture in 2-3 dimensional form, especially for the benefit of 95% of the world population that could not read up to the 19th century. Chapter and verse, please.
Just go into store that sells pictures of Jesus and there will most likely be a little tag/plaque on it saying "Jesus".

John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.
When you stand before a crucifix, that figure is NOT truth. When you stand before any man-made likeness of God, that is NOT truth.

Please quote what words of the Nicene Creed are not derived from Scripture.
Which version do you prefer, 325 or 381?

You may not be an Arian, but you accept Arius' teaching that Jesus (Yeshua) was created.
I do not "accept" Arius' teaching. We happen to hold the same teaching. My views come from Scripture and were established in my heart before I ever knew about Arius.

The infallible Council of Nicae is modeled after the infallible Council of Jerusalem, like all councils.
Why did the "infallible" Council of Nicae come up with a creed that needed to be corrected in 381?

The Trinity was believed before there was a Bible, ...
I agree. Several false religions held trinitarian beliefs (Sumeria, Babylon, India, Greece, Egypt, etc.)

The Trinity was believed before there was a Bible, but not as clarified as it was at the infallible Council of Chalcedon, 451 AD, whose infallible proclamations are accepted by Protestants, Catholics, and Orthodox. But rejected by a tiny minority that started a mere 200 years ago, at best. The only way you can reject historical facts is to re-write history to make it fit your presuppositions.
That tiny minority was restoring truths that were trampled on shortly after the Apostle Paul died.

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Between the false teachers, false prophets, mystery of iniquity, grievous wolves and a predominantly Gentile church that did not understand Scripture, we ended up many false doctrines. The Almighty is in the process of restoring them.
Arius has everything to do with the Christological heresy that Jesus (Yeshua) who is God, created himself. I am trying to expose it's ugly roots, which go back to Arius. I am convinced he was reared in a dysfunctional family.
If Arius believed Yeshua was God and that he created himself, then I agree it is a heresy. I believe Yeshua was an "elohim" and that he was created by the "only true Elohim", Yeshua's Father YHWH. When the Hebrew word "elohim" or the Greek word "theos" are used of men, it should NEVER be translated as "God" with a capital "G". There is only one "God" and that is YHWH (the Elohim/God Yeshua himself worships and serves).

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is a big difference between a painting of one's mother based on the fact that the artist KNOWS what she looks like and a painting of God who no one KNOWS what He looks like. My God is not a naked man like Michelangelo portrayed.
This proves that a hyper-literalist legalist cannot comprehend analogy. Michelangelo portrayed. Portrayed is the key word. It's not a precise duplication and no one expects it to be. Show me a verse that forbids the making of Scripture in 2-3 dimensional form, for the second time.

Anthropomorphism, "... Biblical anthropomorphism is when human characteristics are projected on God.
The Bible has examples of God referring to himself in anthropomorphic terms and the biblical writers referring to God in anthropomorphic terms -- the purpose being to describe God in terms more understandable to humans. Without anthropomorphism, since God is invisible and immaterial, we would not have a framework on which to understand Him. Exodus 3:20 "So I will stretch out My hand..." Exodus 32:14 "So the LORD changed His mind..." (Leviticus 20:6). Numbers 6:25 He sets His face against evil

The psalmist referred to God having arms: "you scattered your enemies with your mighty arm" (Psalm 89:10b). Deuteronomy 4:34 and 5:15, as well as other passages, mention God's "outstretched arm."
Scripture also refers to God's "eyes." We read that, "The eyes of the Lord" are on the righteous (Psalm 34:15). And God keeps his eyes on the land (Deuteronomy 11:12).

In prayer, those in Scripture sometimes refer to God's ears. For example, 2 Kings 19:16 says, "Incline your ear, O Lord, and hear." Nehemiah 1:6 includes, "let your ear be attentive."
Some passages even refer to God's feet. For example, Isaiah 66:1 says, "Thus says the LORD:'Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool …'"
In addition to physical attributes, God is often referred to as having various emotions that are also considered anthropomorphisms. Some of these include God's sorrow (Genesis 6:6), His jealousy (Exodus 20:5), His grief (Isaiah 54:6), and His anger (Psalm 7:11).
anthropomorphism - Bing
How does the Bible use anthropomorphism to talk about God?
When you stand before a crucifix, that figure is NOT truth. When you stand before any man-made likeness of God, that is NOT truth.
Correct. The truth is not made of wood, plastic, plaster, metal or resin. Do you really think an epidemic of stupidity has stretched across 2000 years and 1.2 billion people today? Were the bishops who realized the canon of the Bible in 397 AD stupid as well?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
upload_2018-6-26_23-24-14.png
Have you ever met anyone so stupid as to believe this Bible was physically signed by God??? Your radical iconoclasm is no less absurd

The "version" that you honestly and truthfully ponder in your heart. Either one, you are unable to answer my question.
[/quote]I do not "accept" Arius' teaching. We happen to hold the same teaching. My views come from Scripture and were established in my heart before I ever knew about Arius.[/quote]
"happen to hold the same teaching" is synonymous with ""accept" Arius' teaching". Your New World Translation was re-re translated in 1950, produced progressively in five volumes from 1953-1960, and you thumb your nose at the amendmentsto the Nicene Creed??? That has no claim of inspiration???
Why did the "infallible" Council of Nicae come up with a creed that needed to be corrected in 381?
It didn't need correcting, it needed reformulating because the Church has the authority refine and clarify her own prayers. She does NOT have the authority to change Scripture, A clothing salesman from Pittsburgh, born 17 centuries into the future, who began as a Congregationalist, does not have the authority to change Scripture either!, and re-write history to suit his presuppositions about the Nicene Creed.
I agree. Several false religions held trinitarian beliefs ( )
The claim of a parallel may be erroneous, especially when the documentation provided is based on an old or undisclosed source. For example: "The Egyptians had a trinity. They worshiped Osiris, Isis, and Horus, thousands of years before the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost were known" (Robert Ingersoll, Why I Am an Agnostic).
This is not true. The Egyptians had an Ennead—a pantheon of nine major gods and goddesses. Osiris, Isis, and Horus were simply three divinities in the pantheon who were closely related by marriage and blood (not surprising, since the Ennead itself was an extended family) and who figured in the same myth cycle. They did not represent the three persons of a single divine being (the Christian understanding of the Trinity).
The claim of an Egyptian trinity is simply wrong. There is no parallel.
Is Catholicism Pagan? | Catholic Answers
Sumeria, Babylon, India, Greece, Egypt, etc. did not represent the three persons of a single divine being in the Christian sense. Your claim of a parallel is false.
That tiny minority was restoring truths that were trampled on shortly after the Apostle Paul died.
But you can't come up with any names of this "tiny minority". I can name the first 40 (-1) Popes who were killed by pagan Romans. Where was the "tiny minority" buried after they were thrown to the lions? THE CATACOMBS, a place your false religion teaches you to despise. It's open to the public, you go can there and see it for yourself. But it wouldn't do any good with the blindfold of prejudice glued to your face.

Your false history is self-contradictory and illogical.

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Acts 20:29 is talking about the Gnostics who threatened the faith community AT THAT TIME. By prophetic extension, this verse could apply to Arius, Sabellius, Nestorious, and Apollonarius who later gave rise to the Bogomil and Paulician heretics. Arius, Sabellius, Nestorious, and Apollonarius ALL challenged the identity of Christ. They were ALL "Bible alone" heretics. They went to the same country club.
Acts 20:29 is not about non-existing future clergy, but AFTER Paul gets martyred.
Between the false teachers, false prophets, mystery of iniquity, grievous wolves and a predominantly Gentile church that did not understand Scripture, we ended up many false doctrines. The Almighty is in the process of restoring them.
St. Jerome didn't understand Scripture??? He translated Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic from the oldest available manuscripts into Latin, the universal language of the time, (and still is) got assistance from Jewish rabbis for difficult OT phrases, and you claim he didn't understand Scripture. But a handful of uneducated so called "scholars" got it right in 1950.
If Arius believed Yeshua was God and that he created himself, then I agree it is a heresy. I believe Yeshua was an "elohim" and that he was created by the "only true Elohim", Yeshua's Father YHWH. When the Hebrew word "elohim" or the Greek word "theos" are used of men, it should NEVER be translated as "God" with a capital "G". There is only one "God" and that is YHWH (the Elohim/God Yeshua himself worships and serves).
Elohim is Hebrew. It is IMPOSSIBLE for a created person to be the sole mediator between God and man. Your theology is as illogical as your history.

CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Jehovah (Yahweh)

Here we have Scripture literally giving human characteristics to God who, as you say, is spirit.

You object to objects made by humans that REPRESENT Scripture or even God. Yet Scripture gives REPRESENTATIONS of God and you deny that humans can do the same thing. This is a gross inconsistency. The sacred authors who wrote inspired scripture were human. Is that humanolatry?

The Creation of Adam (Italian: Creazione di Adamo) is a fresco painting by Michelangelo, which forms part of the Sistine Chapel's ceiling, painted c. 1508–1512. It illustrates the Biblical creation narrative from the Book of Genesis in which God gives life to Adam, the first man. The fresco is part of a complex iconographic scheme and is chronologically the fourth in the series of panels depicting episodes from Genesis. The image of the near-touching hands of God and Adam has become iconic of humanity. The painting has been reproduced in countless imitations and parodies.[2][3] Michelangelo's Creation of Adam is one of the most replicated religious paintings of all time.

God is depicted as an elderly white-bearded man wrapped in a swirling cloak while Adam, on the lower left, is completely nude. God's right arm is outstretched to impart the spark of life from his own finger into that of Adam, whose left arm is extended in a pose mirroring God's, a reminder that man is created in the image and likeness of God (Gen. 1:26). Another point is that Adam's finger and God's finger are not touching. It gives the impression that God, the giver of life, is reaching out to Adam who has yet to receive it; they are not on "the same level" as would be two humans shaking hands, for instance.

The Creation of Adam - Wikipedia

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Creation of Adam (Italian: Creazione di Adamo) is a fresco painting by Michelangelo, which forms part of the Sistine Chapel's ceiling, painted c. 1508–1512. It illustrates the Biblical creation narrative from the Book of Genesis in which God gives life to Adam, the first man. The fresco is part of a complex iconographic scheme and is chronologically the fourth in the series of panels depicting episodes from Genesis. The image of the near-touching hands of God and Adam has become iconic of humanity. The painting has been reproduced in countless imitations and parodies.[2][3] Michelangelo's Creation of Adam is one of the most replicated religious paintings of all time.

upload_2018-6-27_0-27-38.png
The_Creation_of_Adam

God is depicted as an elderly white-bearded man wrapped in a swirling cloak while Adam, on the lower left, is completely nude. God's right arm is outstretched to impart the spark of life from his own finger into that of Adam, whose left arm is extended in a pose mirroring God's, a reminder that man is created in the image and likeness of God (Gen. 1:26). Another point is that Adam's finger and God's finger are not touching. It gives the impression that God, the giver of life, is reaching out to Adam who has yet to receive it; they are not on "the same level" as would be two humans shaking hands, for instance.
The Creation of Adam - Wikipedia
If you cannot or will not produce a Scripture that explicitly forbids any kind of art be used to express scriptural truths, then you are following man made tradition. Period.

de·pict

[dəˈpikt]
VERB
show or represent by a drawing, painting, or other art form.
synonyms: portray · represent · picture · illustrate · delineate · outline · reproduce · render · draw · paint · sketch · draft ...
depict - Bing
re·mind
[rəˈmīnd]
VERB
cause (someone) to remember someone or something.
  1. "he would have forgotten the boy's birthday if you hadn't reminded him" ·
    jog someone's memory · refresh someone's memory · help someone remember · cause someone to remember · prompt · nudge · give someone a cue

2. por·tray
[pôrˈtrā]
VERB
  1. depict (someone or something) in a work of art or literature.
    "the author wanted to portray a new type of hero"
    synonyms: paint · draw · paint/draw a picture of · picture · sketch · depict · represent · illustrate · present · show · render · limn · describe · depict · characterize
    Correct. The truth is not made of wood, plastic, plaster, metal or resin. The Catholic Church invented the university yet you preach like we are all stupid.
Have you ever met anyone so stupid as to believe the Bible illustrated was physically signed by God???
Your radical unbiblical iconoclasm is no less absurd.

What words of the Nicene Creed are not derived from Scripture???
The one that you honestly and truthfully would ponder in your heart. But you are unable to answer my question as well. There are no "versions".
I do not "accept" Arius' teaching. We happen to hold the same teaching. My views come from Scripture and were established in my heart before I ever knew about Arius.
"happen to hold the same teaching" is synonymous with ""accept" Arius' teaching". You make a clear cut contradiction. Your NWT was re-re translated in 1950, produced progressively in five volumes from 1953-1960, and translated by fake scholars. You thumb your nose at amendments to the Nicene Creed that never claimed to be inspired text in the first place??? I am trying not to be rude, but this is hypocrisy plain and simple.

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-27_0-29-46.jpeg
    upload_2018-6-27_0-29-46.jpeg
    22.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
This proves that a hyper-literalist legalist cannot comprehend analogy. Michelangelo portrayed. Portrayed is the key word. It's not a precise duplication and no one expects it to be. Show me a verse that forbids the making of Scripture in 2-3 dimensional form, for the second time.

Anthropomorphism, "... Biblical anthropomorphism is when human characteristics are projected on God.
The Bible has examples of God referring to himself in anthropomorphic terms and the biblical writers referring to God in anthropomorphic terms -- the purpose being to describe God in terms more understandable to humans. Without anthropomorphism, since God is invisible and immaterial, we would not have a framework on which to understand Him. Exodus 3:20 "So I will stretch out My hand..." Exodus 32:14 "So the LORD changed His mind..." (Leviticus 20:6). Numbers 6:25 He sets His face against evil

The psalmist referred to God having arms: "you scattered your enemies with your mighty arm" (Psalm 89:10b). Deuteronomy 4:34 and 5:15, as well as other passages, mention God's "outstretched arm."
Scripture also refers to God's "eyes." We read that, "The eyes of the Lord" are on the righteous (Psalm 34:15). And God keeps his eyes on the land (Deuteronomy 11:12).

In prayer, those in Scripture sometimes refer to God's ears. For example, 2 Kings 19:16 says, "Incline your ear, O Lord, and hear." Nehemiah 1:6 includes, "let your ear be attentive."
Some passages even refer to God's feet. For example, Isaiah 66:1 says, "Thus says the LORD:'Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool …'"
In addition to physical attributes, God is often referred to as having various emotions that are also considered anthropomorphisms. Some of these include God's sorrow (Genesis 6:6), His jealousy (Exodus 20:5), His grief (Isaiah 54:6), and His anger (Psalm 7:11).
anthropomorphism - Bing
How does the Bible use anthropomorphism to talk about God?
Anthropomorphism was inspired to be written in Scripture. It is perfectly acceptable when written in Scripture and totally unacceptable when made into an image that is not true. Israel never used images of God and neither did the early church. It was only after corruption set in that such images became acceptable.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

The "version" that you honestly and truthfully ponder in your heart. Either one, you are unable to answer my question.
Begotten of the Father before all ages

Very God of Very God

of one essence with the Father

and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary

And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, and Giver of Life, Who proceeds from the Father, Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified, Who spoke by the Prophets;

"happen to hold the same teaching" is synonymous with ""accept" Arius' teaching". Your New World Translation was re-re translated in 1950, produced progressively in five volumes from 1953-1960, and you thumb your nose at the amendmentsto the Nicene Creed??? That has no claim of inspiration???
Since I am not a JW, I have no interest in or love for the New World Translation. You must have a grudge against JW's that you are projecting on me.

It didn't need correcting, it needed reformulating because the Church has the authority refine and clarify her own prayers. She does NOT have the authority to change Scripture, A clothing salesman from Pittsburgh, born 17 centuries into the future, who began as a Congregationalist, does not have the authority to change Scripture either!, and re-write history to suit his presuppositions about the Nicene Creed.
Then why does the Catholic Church brag about how they have the authority to change the Sabbath day from the 7th day to the 1st day?
As you said, they have no such authority. The fact that they changed it to Sunday proves they are a false church. Not to mention the millions of innocent people that false church murdered in their inquisitions and crusades. Even to today, the Catholic Church is plagued by multitudes of sex scandals. Why? Because the institution known as the Roman Catholic Church is a false church. That does not mean that all its adherents are unbelievers. I'm sure there are many RCs that will receive eternal life.

The claim of a parallel may be erroneous, especially when the documentation provided is based on an old or undisclosed source. For example: "The Egyptians had a trinity. They worshiped Osiris, Isis, and Horus, thousands of years before the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost were known" (Robert Ingersoll, Why I Am an Agnostic).
This is not true. The Egyptians had an Ennead—a pantheon of nine major gods and goddesses. Osiris, Isis, and Horus were simply three divinities in the pantheon who were closely related by marriage and blood (not surprising, since the Ennead itself was an extended family) and who figured in the same myth cycle. They did not represent the three persons of a single divine being (the Christian understanding of the Trinity).
The claim of an Egyptian trinity is simply wrong. There is no parallel.
Is Catholicism Pagan? | Catholic Answers
Sumeria, Babylon, India, Greece, Egypt, etc. did not represent the three persons of a single divine being in the Christian sense. Your claim of a parallel is false.
The article found here cites references that you may find more authoritative than the source you quoted.

THE CATACOMBS, a place your false religion teaches you to despise. It's open to the public, you go can there and see it for yourself. But it wouldn't do any good with the blindfold of prejudice glued to your face.

Your false history is self-contradictory and illogical.
What false religion taught me to despise the Catacombs? JWs? You have a bad habit of making things up.

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Acts 20:29 is talking about the Gnostics who threatened the faith community AT THAT TIME. By prophetic extension, this verse could apply to Arius, Sabellius, Nestorious, and Apollonarius who later gave rise to the Bogomil and Paulician heretics. Arius, Sabellius, Nestorious, and Apollonarius ALL challenged the identity of Christ. They were ALL "Bible alone" heretics. They went to the same country club.
Acts 20:29 is not about non-existing future clergy, but AFTER Paul gets martyred.
I agree. AFTER Paul died the flock was NOT spared. I am not affiliated with ANY of the men you cited, nor do I know what they believed, nor do I care what they believed. I know what I believe from Scripture as the Holy Spirit enlightens me and that is all that matters.

St. Jerome didn't understand Scripture??? He translated Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic from the oldest available manuscripts into Latin, the universal language of the time, (and still is) got assistance from Jewish rabbis for difficult OT phrases, and you claim he didn't understand Scripture. But a handful of uneducated so called "scholars" got it right in 1950.
I was referring to understanding Scriptures correctly so as to develop true doctrines. That is totally different than having the ability to translate texts.

Elohim is Hebrew. It is IMPOSSIBLE for a created person to be the sole mediator between God and man. Your theology is as illogical as your history.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Messiah Yeshua;
Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:​

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When you stand before a crucifix, that figure is NOT truth

I disagee . it shows the Truth that God the Father loved us so much he gave us HIS Son to redeem us and that God the Son loved us so much that HE willingly endured this four our sakes.

Peace!

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I disagee . it shows the Truth that God the Father loved us so much he gave us HIS Son to redeem us and that God the Son loved us so much that HE willingly endured this four our sakes.

Peace!
A plain cross accomplishes the same thing without having to create an imaginary image of Yeshua.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Begotten of the Father before all ages

Very God of Very God

of one essence with the Father

and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary

And we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, and Giver of Life, Who proceeds from the Father, Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified, Who spoke by the Prophets;
None of these lines contradict scripture.
  1. Since I am not a JW, I have no interest in or love for the New World Translation. You must have a grudge against JW's that you are projecting on me.
    Sorry. I didn't know you are SDA. Or the KKK. Since you identify with no community beyond a mirror, I have to guess.
Then why does th e Catholic Church brag about how they have the authority to change the Sabbath day from the 7th day to the 1st day?
people-laughing.jpg

Isaiah 1:13 – God begins to reveal His displeasure with the Sabbath.

Matt. 28:1; Mark 16:2,9; John 20:1,19- the Gospel writers purposely reveal Jesus’ resurrection and appearances were on Sunday. This is because Sunday had now become the most important day in the life of the Church.

Acts 20:7 – this text shows the apostolic tradition of gathering together to celebrate the Eucharist on Sunday, the “first day of the week.” Luke documents the principle worship was on Sunday because this was one of the departures from the Jewish form of worship.

1 Cor. 16:2 – Paul instructs the Corinthians to make contributions to the churches “on the first day of the week,” which is Sunday. This is because the primary day of Christian worship is Sunday.

Col. 2:16-17 – Paul teaches that the Sabbath was only a shadow of what was fulfilled in Christ, and says “let no one pass judgment any more over a Sabbath.”

2 Thess. 2:15 – we are to hold fast to apostolic tradition, whether it is oral or written. The 2,000 year-old tradition of the Church is that the apostles changed the Sabbath day of worship from Saturday to Sunday.

Heb. 4:8-9 – regarding the day of rest, if Joshua had given rest, God would not later speak of “another day,” which is Sunday, the new Sabbath. Sunday is the first day of the week and the first day of the new creation brought about by our Lord’s resurrection, which was on Sunday.

Heb. 7:12 – when there is a change in the priesthood, there is a change in the law as well. Because we have a new Priest and a new sacrifice, we also have a new day of worship, which is Sunday.

Rev 1:10 – John specifically points out that he witnesses the heavenly Eucharistic liturgy on Sunday, the Lord’s day, the new day of rest in Christ.

Matt. 16:19; 18:18 – whatever the Church binds on earth is bound in heaven. Since the resurrection, Mass has been principally celebrated on Sunday.

Tradition / Church Fathers
On the Lord’s own day, assemble in common to break bread and offer thanks, but first confess your sins so that your sacrifice may be pure.”
Didache, 14 (A.D. 90).

“If, therefore, those who were brought up in the ancient order of things have come to the possession of a new hope, no longer observing the Sabbath, but living in the observance of the Lord’s Day, on which also our life has sprung up again by Him and by His death–whom some deny, by which mystery we have obtained faith, and therefore endure, that we may be found the disciples of Jesus Christ, our only Master.”
Ignatius, To the Magnesians, 9:1 (A.D. 110).

You have nothing to do with the Church of 90-110 AD.
As you said, they have no such authority.
I didn't say that, you are taking me out of context. That will be your last mistake.
The fact that they changed it to Sunday proves they are a false church.
Blame it on the Resurrection.
Not to mention the millions of innocent people that false church murdered in their inquisitions and crusades.
Yes, mention it...please.
Even to today, the Catholic Church is plagued by multitudes of sex scandals.
The sex abuse crises is over, you are compelled to get more wood for the stake fires.
Why? Because the institution known as the Roman Catholic Church is a false church. That does not mean that all its adherents are unbelievers. I'm sure there are many RCs that will receive eternal life.
5 topics in one paragraph. First you kick me in the ass, then you kiss my cheek. You are cluster bombing me because you lost our debates. I don't discuss anything with children having temper tantrums.
The article found here cites references that you may find more authoritative than the source you quoted.
My sources can still beat up your sources.​
What false religion taught me to despise the Catacombs? JWs? You have a bad habit of making things up.
Why were you silenced when I posted pictures of the catacombs? I didn't make up a self made belief system, I didn't make your doctrines that parallel the JW's, the SDA, the Christadelphians, or a conglomeration of post-enlightenment cults. You need to tell your doctor how you feel about the CC. He has medications that can help you. I'm putting you on ignore but I will check up on you when I need a good laugh. Good bye.

images

Last edited:

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Is it imaginary? Jesus was a man who was crucified.

Peace!
Of course Yeshua wasn't imaginary, but the figure on the crucifix is. It comes from the mind of the artist and is not what Yeshua looked like. May I ask what you think about images of Yeshua's Father?

Reactions: Joseph77

gadar perets

Jan 16, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I don't discuss anything with children having temper tantrums. . . .
I'm putting you on ignore but I will check up on you when I need a good laugh. Good bye.
In that case, I won't bother refuting all your supposed anti-Sabbath verses (unless someone else asks me to). There is only one person on this thread that was throwing temper tantrums and it wasn't me. I'll say a prayer for your enlightenment, your anger issues and your vulgar tongue.

Shalom

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Passover 2020 will begin in the evening of

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

and ends in the evening of

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Why do you celebrate this event which is now called Passover-?

just asking once again
:)-

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Quick Quiz: Why wasn't the blood put on the threshold? Hint: Scripture does not give us the answer. I just have my own answer

Scripture has the answer. The Lamb Divine "Christ our Passover" "in it triumphed greatly", "spotless", "unblemished", Psalm 40:7; 41:11,12; 42:11, "for God His God, is the health of His countenance!".

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Passover 2020 will begin in the evening of

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

and ends in the evening of

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Why do you celebrate this event which is now called Passover-?

just asking once again

<This event> of three, four thousand years ago "ended", here ... IN "CHRIST OUR PASSOVER" ...

Jesus' Last Passover of Yahweh
was from the tenth day of the First Month

Lamb Separated

Exodus 12:3-6
On the tenth day they shall take every man a lamb ... ye shall TAKE it OUT FROM / AWAY (separate / sanctify) [laqach] the sheep and ye shall guard / ward it off (separate / sanctify) [mishmereth] it ....

.... up until the fourteenth day of the First Month...

Mark 15:34,35
καὶ τῇ ἐνάτῃ ὥρᾳ ἐβόησεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς φωνῇ μεγάλῃ
At the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying,

Ἐλωῒ Ἐλωῒ λαμὰ σαβαχθανεί; ὅ ἐστιν μεθερμηνευόμενον
Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachtani? which is, being interpreted,

Ὁ Θεός μου ὁ Θεός μου, εἰς τί
ἐγκατέλιπές με;
My God, my God, why hast thou
separated / sanctified (forsaken) me?

Matthew 27:46,47
περὶ δὲ τὴν ἐνάτην ὥραν ἀνεβόησεν ὁ Ἰησοῦς φωνῇ μεγάλῃ λέγων
about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying,

Ἡλεὶ Ἡλεὶ λεμὰ σαβαχθανεί; τοῦτ’ ἔστιν
Eli, Eli, lama sabachtani? that is to say,

Θεέ μου θεέ μου, ἵνα τί με ἐγκατέλιπες;
My God, my God, why hast thou separated / sanctified (forsaken) me?

.... and Sacrificed

Johannes 19:28
Μετὰ τοῦτο εἰδὼς ὁ Ἰησοῦς ὅτι ἤδη πάντα τετέλεσται,
After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished,

ἵνα τελειωθῇ ἡ γραφὴ, λέγει Διψῶ.
that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst. (Isaiah 58:5-10)

10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th = 5 days of the "fifty days" to Shavuot

Exodus 12:8 "They shall eat the flesh in That Night with unleavened bread" -
"This is That Night" Exodus 12:42 - "on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast (sabbath) of unleavened bread" Leviticus 23:6.

2Chronicles 29:17c "On the eighth day of the month they came to the porch of the LORD (to the city). So they sanctified the House of the LORD in eight days...."

8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th = "eight days" - "sanctified" / "separated", "through the veil - that is to say, his flesh" -- the body of Jesus BURIED (cf. Hebrews 10:20; 6:19; 9:3).

And in the sixteenth day of the First Month they made an end (rested on the Sabbath. Cf. 18 to 31 and compare with Exodus 15.)
10th (Sunday), 11th (Monday), 12th (Tuesday), 13th (Wednesday), 14th (Thursday), 15th (Friday), 16th (Sabbath) = 6 days before, and 1 day - "the first day count(ed)" of, the "fifty days".

<<This event>>, because "if Jesus gave them rest", is <celebrated> ever since His Resurrection Day "a Sabbath Rest-day for the People of God", "with eating and drinking of SABBATH'S FEAST OF CHRIST THE SUBSTANCE and Nourishment ministered". Colossians 2:12-19.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Reply to Joseph77:
#56 How Jesus Fulfilled the Feasts of Israel during Holy Week

In Bethany : Lazarus raised; Bethany
John 11:17-53 four days in the grave. Bethany was near Jerusalem (22)
Away to rural town Ephraim
John 11:54-57 departed from there to Ephraim; passover was near (28)
Between Bethany and Jerusalem
“Six days before feast days of passover” : Sabbath [9th day of First Month]
John 12:1-11 “Six days before feast days of passover” (29)

B) The Last Week (sequence to day and hour)
Palm-Sunday : Entrance into Jerusalem : 5 days before Abib 15 is Abib 10
“Tenth day of the First Month” Exodus 12:3 Ezekiel 40:1 “Bone Day”
John 12:12-19 “the next day” (32)
= Mark 11:1-11 Bethania; entered Jerusalem; entered temple; late unto Bethany (33)
= Matthew 21:1-11 Bethphage; Jerusalem in (36)
= Luke 19:28-44 Bethphage and Bethany; into Jerusalem (38)

Last Week: Monday : 4 days before Abib 15 is Abib 11
Mark 11:12-14 “the morrow Bethany ... fig tree” (41)
= Luke 21:29-33 “behold the fig tree” (41)
Mark 11:15-17 “into temple”; “cast out them that sold”; “money changers”; “house of prayer” (42)
= Matthew 21:12-14 “into the temple ... cast out them that sold” (43)
= Luke 19:45,46 “into the temple ... cast out them that sold ... house of prayer” (43)
= Matthew 21:15-17 “children in the temple” (44)
= John 12:20-26 “Greeks … corn of wheat … for this cause I came”: 27 (44)
Mark 11:18 “sought how they might destroy him” (45)
= Luke 19:47,48 “sought to destroy him” (46)
Mark 11:19 “late ... he went out of the city” (46)
= Matthew 21:17 “out of the city into Bethany ... slept in sheepfold” (46)

Last Week: Tuesday : TEACHING 3 days before (Friday) Abib 15 is Abib 12
Mark 11:20 “early ... fig tree dried up” (47)
= Matthew 21:18-22; 45,46 “in the morning ... fig tree” cursed and “immediately dried up” (47)
Mark 11:27,28 “in Jerusalem in temple ... by what authority” (48)
= Matthew 21:23-25 “in temple ... what authority” (49)
= Luke 20:1-8 “one of Those Days ... what authority” (50)
Mark 12:35-37 “Jesus in the temple ... Dawid” (51)
= Matthew 22:23; 41-46 “the Same Day” (52)
= Matthew 24:1-3 “out of tempel … not be left one stone … on Mount of Olives disciples came privately” (53)
= Matthew 26:1-2 “after two day ... crucified” (53)
= John 12:27-36 “this hour ... if I be lifted up from the earth” (54)
= Luke 21:34-38 “on One of Those Days ... Watch that That Day come not upon you unawares” (56)

Last Week: Wednesday : 2 days before (Friday) Abib 15 is Abib 13
Mark 14:1,2 “after two days was the unleavened (days)”“sought how might take him ... not on feast” (57)
= Matthew 26:3-5 “consulted that they might take Jesus ... not on feast” (57)
= Luke 22:1,2 “feast drew near ... sought how” (58)
Mark 14:3-9 “house of Simon .. spikenard on head” (58)
= Matthew 26:6-13 “house of Simon .. spikenard on head” (59)
Mark 14:10,11 “Judas to priests ... promised him money” (61)
= Matthew 26:14-16 “Judas to priests ... covenanted thirty pieces silver” (61)
= Luke 22:3-6 “satan in Judas ... communed with priests ... covenanted money” (61)
= John 12:37-50 “he that rejecteth me ... receiveth not my words” (62)

B) Three days : "the first day"
Last Week
: Thursday Abib 14
was 1 day “before” (Friday) Abib 15 (69)
2Chronicles 35:4,6,10,14 “prepared passover … killed the passover
= Exodus 12:15a “when they removed leaven”
= Leviticus 23:22,10 “when ye reap the corners ... bring the first sheaf”
Mark 14:12—15:41 “when they always killed the passover”
= Luke 22:7—23:49 “when they had to kill the passover”
= Mark 14:2 “not on the feast”
= Matthew 26:5 “not on the feast”
= John 19:14-30 “The Preparation of the Passover”
= Matthew 26:17—27:56 “the first day leaven was removed / the first day without leaven”
= John 12:32,34; 8:28 “the Son of Man must be lifted up”
= John 13:1—19:30 “before the feast ... his hour ... it was night ...”
= 1Corinthians 11:23 "The night in which the Lord was betrayed"
= John 16:32 “the hour ... ye shall be scattered every man”

Three daysthe second of :
= “the first day seven days ye shall eat unleavened bread” Exodus 12:15b; 12:18b Leviticus 23:6
= Last Week: Friday : Feast Day Sabbath of Passover was “Abib 15” (Friday)
Exodus 12:15,17,18,42,51
Mark 15:42-47 “having been evening already … since The Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath having begun”
= John 19:31-42 “since the Preparation had begun ... because That Day was great-day-sabbath (of passover)”
= Matthew 27:57-61
= Luke 23:50-56a

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It was through the shed blood of a lamb being applied to their doorposts that the Israelites received YHWH’s divine protection from the final plague to befall Egypt. It was through this same sacrifice that Israel was redeemed from Egyptian bondage.

I trust you speak metaphorically, because you do not speak Scripturally.