Pastor at 19 - Wow!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Alabama Preacher Becomes Pastor of First Missionary Baptist Church at 19 Years Old
By Nicola Menzie , Christian Post Reporter
Despite his age, the 19-year-old minister has been described as an "old soul" for his spiritual insight, a "blessing" and an "exceptional leader." Meadows, according to his mother, started asking questions about God when he was three years old, preached his first sermon at the age of six, became a licensed minister at age nine, and was finally ordained when he turned 18.
http://global.christianpost.com/news/young-alabama-preacher-becomes-pastor-of-first-missionary-baptist-church-at-19-years-old-99669/

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Powerful Sermon: Demonstration Power 2 of 4
by 15 year old Min. Courtney Meadows
Founder/President of C.D.M. Ministries

For more information and bookings, visit his ministry website:
www.courtneymeadowsministries.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Phs5DKhFcxM

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I have no Idea, but I reserve my opinion of "men of God" in a much more reserved fashion.
I have no Idea who he is, and I certainly can't tell from one 10 min video unless it's Lady GAGA LOL

For all I know he could be another 2 bit weasel looking to flees the flock
Founder/President of C.D.M. Ministries
I would think that means Courtney D Meadows

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
A 19 y/o shepherd I can see for sheep, but people? I don't think so. He might be a good preacher, but that doesn't of itself make one a good or effective pastor.

Just saw the thing about bookings. Performance art?

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
A 19 y/o shepherd I can see for sheep, but people? I don't think so. He might be a good preacher, but that doesn't of itself make one a good or effective pastor.

Just saw the thing about bookings. Performance art?
I have the same misgivings. We ordain priests fairly young too, but they don't immediately jump into the pastor's position. A young priest is seasoned with overseas missions and other assignments. If they do well, they may become an associate pastor at a parish, but certainly not a senior pastor. It's not that young people can't be brilliant in mature before their years, it's that there's really no substitute for the lessons that can only be learned over time and experience. There's no shortcut when it comes to this.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
This Vale Of Tears said:
I have the same misgivings. We ordain priests fairly young too, but they don't immediately jump into the pastor's position. A young priest is seasoned with overseas missions and other assignments. If they do well, they may become an associate pastor at a parish, but certainly not a senior pastor. It's not that young people can't be brilliant in mature before their years, it's that there's really no substitute for the lessons that can only be learned over time and experience. There's no shortcut when it comes to this.
Well, that 19-year-old is an anomaly among Protestants. I am guessing that he has learned how to imitate the preaching of the pastors that he has been exposed to.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Dodo_David said:
Well, that 19-year-old is an anomaly among Protestants. I am guessing that he has learned how to imitate the preaching of the pastors that he has been exposed to.
And that's my suspicion as well and part of the reason that Pentecostal style preaching repels me. It's an act and a show, and a clever and talented stage artist can duplicate it. It's not to say that some of the preachers doing it aren't sincere. I'm sure many of them are. But the intent seems to be to entertain with a show of lights so it's difficult to tell what's genuine from what's just a money making sham.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
BiggAndyy said:
More examples of the blind leading the blind...
Indeed! Many so-called pastor/elders appointed are clearly not according to spiritual principles. It violates the continuity between covenants and the ground by which they're elected. It makes a farce out of the time honored call of GOD.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
This Vale Of Tears said:
And that's my suspicion as well and part of the reason that Pentecostal style preaching repels me. It's an act and a show, and a clever and talented stage artist can duplicate it. It's not to say that some of the preachers doing it aren't sincere. I'm sure many of them are. But the intent seems to be to entertain with a show of lights so it's difficult to tell what's genuine from what's just a money making sham.
We have no way of knowing the sincerity of the 19-year-old mentioned in Post #1. He may have a gift for evangelism, but that would not necessarily make him suitable to be a pastor.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Dodo_David said:
We have no way of knowing the sincerity of the 19-year-old mentioned in Post #1. He may have a gift for evangelism, but that would not necessarily make him suitable to be a pastor.
I thought that to be your point, that a 19 year old is more likely to be a talented imitator than a true leader preaching from a well spring of time seasoned faith.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
This Vale Of Tears said:
I thought that to be your point, that a 19 year old is more likely to be a talented imitator than a true leader preaching from a well spring of time seasoned faith.
I suspect that every novice preacher tries to imitate what other more-experienced preachers do.

As I see it, it is one thing to preach to people. It is another thing to be a pastor. That young man may be able to do the former, but I don't think he is ready to do the latter.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
But the intent seems to be to entertain with a show of lights so it's difficult to tell what's genuine from what's just a money making sham.
Not all Pentecostal style preaching is a show of lights and about money. You cannot make a judgment based on American style Pentecostal preachers and lump them all together as if they are all the same world-wide...they are not, believe me... :huh:
Jeremiah was a young man when God called him and said "
Jeremiah 1

5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”

Jeremiah said;

“Ah, Lord God!
Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.”

7 But the Lord said to me:

“Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’
For you shall go to all to whom I send you,
And whatever I command you, you shall speak.

8 Do not be afraid of their faces,
For I am with you to deliver you,” says the Lord.

9 Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me:

“Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.
10 See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms,
To root out and to pull down,
To destroy and to throw down,
To build and to plant.”

It will be interesting to see how he does. May the Lord bless him mightily! :)

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Angelina said:
Not all Pentecostal style preaching is a show of lights and about money. You cannot make a judgment based on American style Pentecostal preachers and lump them all together as if they are all the same world-wide...they are not, believe me... :huh:
Jeremiah was a young man when God called him and said "
Jeremiah 1

5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.”

Jeremiah said;

“Ah, Lord God!
Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.”

7 But the Lord said to me:

“Do not say, ‘I am a youth,’
For you shall go to all to whom I send you,
And whatever I command you, you shall speak.

8 Do not be afraid of their faces,
For I am with you to deliver you,” says the Lord.

9 Then the Lord put forth His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me:

“Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.
10 See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms,
To root out and to pull down,
To destroy and to throw down,
To build and to plant.”

It will be interesting to see how he does. May the Lord bless him mightily! :)
This part I agree with.