Pat robertson to step down

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He is 91, wow it must be so long since I use to watch it because he was considerably younger. Is his wife still on the show ? Who is taking over his role , or is the show ending ?
I use to like some of the things they use to discuss, have no idea why I stopped watching it ! Rita

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw the article somewhere... I haven't heard him preach or watched the show, but i give him props for doing it for so long and into his 90's.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello all. Not sure if anyone else saw this, or who likes to listen to him, but it was announced that pat robertson will step down as host of the 700 club.

no matter your thoughts on him, i give him accolades for doing that show for 55 years. He’s 91. I’ll be lucky to hit 60 i figure.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/reli...elical-gop-republican-presidential-candidate/
The 700 Club is where I heard the real gospel for the first time. It was through that ministry that I learned the difference between 'religion' and 'relationship'.

God reached into my life, I did not reach into His. Pat Robertson was popping up at all hours of the day and night on cable television. He took the gospel to the people. It reached me.

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Him and I come from different worlds, but back when I used to watch T.V., I'd see him occasionally and there were numerous times when we'd connect. He's served the Lord for a long time in a profession that's chewed up and spit out many! Bless him, Lord!

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He deserves a rest. I like their news segment. They report what you won't typically see on MSM.

Last I heard he's also the richest televangelist of them all.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no matter your thoughts on him, i give him accolades for doing that show for 55 years. He’s 91

No matter your thoughts on him? Like Christ, he provoked controversy. Recently, someone here said if you are fully accepted in this world, you are not advocating properly for Christ.

I admit that I did not always agree with him but where we agreed was so much more. I deeply respect this man of God's walk for over half a century.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, no, that would be Kenneth Copeland, who's worth 3/4 of a billion dollars.

I'd say Pat is the most generous of the televangelists.
So Copeland out paced PR. That's quite a lot of money.
He has 5 private jets, so I guess he should be rolling in it.
He always reminds me of a reptile. Everytime I happen to surf the channels, if he's there in his ministry I stop to see if that's changed. Not so far it hasn't.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Copeland out paced PR. That's quite a lot of money.
He has 5 private jets, so I guess he should be rolling in it.
He always reminds me of a reptile. Everytime I happen to surf the channels, if he's there in his ministry I stop to see if that's changed. Not so far it hasn't.
PR is also a businessman, he earned his 300 million in the stock market and other investments.