Patience is a very important manifestation of God's Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sunday 11-13-22 1st. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Cheshvan 17, 5783 53rd. Fall Day

Patience is a difficult fruit to produce in today’s world where our lives are built around a fast-paced society.

Where from our coffee to our children’s studies has become instant there is no time to breathe because everything has to be “right now.”

As Christians, we are expected to remain cool and calm and carry on but it becomes difficult to persevere with a good attitude.

At those times, we need to turn to the Bible, and search for the verses that talk about patience and facing trying situations with calmness and patience:

James 1:1-4

1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Proverbs 15:18 “Hot tempers cause arguments, but patience brings peace.”

Ecclesiastes 7:8 “The end of something is better than its beginning. Patience is better than pride.”

1 Corinthians 13:4 “Love is patient and kind; it is not jealous or conceited or proud; it is not arrogant.”

James 5:8 “You also must be patient. Keep your hopes high, for the day of the Lord’s coming is near.”

Philippians 4:6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.”

Romans 12:12 “Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.”

Psalm 40:1 “I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry.”

Proverbs 14:29 “Whoever is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly.”

Romans 8:25 “But if we hope for what we do not see, we wait for it with patience.”

Exodus 14:14 “The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”

Galatians 6:9 “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”

Colossians 3:12 “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.”

Romans 15:5 “May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had.”

2 Peter 3:8 “But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.”

2 Chronicles 15:7 “But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.”

Love, Walter and Debbie

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not good with patients. But we must not get angry with people but instead be patient and to pray for them that God will bring them to be his sheep too. One thing I learned is to pray for my enemies that they will no longer be enemies but also servants of love for God. Let love replace anger.