The wisdom from above

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's wisdom. Available to all that ask.

2My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. James 1:2-8

17But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. James 3:17-18

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Especially to have patience. I have heard so many people tell me "You do not pray to God patience." That type of stuff blows my mind. You can pray to God to help you to have patience. How can one let patience have its perfect (or complete) work, if one doesn't know how to be patience?

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

Reactions: amadeus

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fruits of the Spirit come from within, from our hearts.

Actually this comes from the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ.

Those not abiding IN CHRIST allowing the Holy Spirit to lead them... don't have the fruit of the Spirit

Matthew 7:16-20
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

John 15:1,2

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

John 15:5

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

These things need to be considered when speaking of the fruit of the Spirit which should be the results of submitting ourselves to the Lord in obedience which is required to be in right standing with the Lord (to be righteous before Him)

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Matthew 10:
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Psalms 111:10 - The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Proverbs 4:5-9
5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.

2 Peter 3:18
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

We must be " in Christ to have spiritual wisdom or all the worldy wisdom will profit us little or nothing !

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's wisdom. Available to all that ask.

2My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. 6But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways. James 1:2-8

17But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. 18Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. James 3:17-18
Notice it says IS FIRST PURE . Which means any wisdom that contradicts the truth of GOD , aint coming from GOD .
As you know my friend . if it contradicts biblical truth , IT AINT PURE and it sure aint coming FROM GOD .
Rather its earthly sensual and devilish and cometh of the devil , of the flesh . Now hit the trenches my friend .
IT be LORD praising time in the building and round the world .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Matthew 10:
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Psalms 111:10 - The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Proverbs 4:5-9
5 Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth.
6 Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee.
7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
8 Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her.

2 Peter 3:18
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

We must be " in Christ to have spiritual wisdom or all the worldy wisdom will profit us little or nothing !
BIBLE , the INSPIRED WORDS OF GOD . LOADS OF WISDOM can be found in them pages .
YES INDEED dear sister . The lambs staying glued to that book . Now raise those hands sister , IT is LORD PRAISING TIME .

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually this comes from the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ.
Yes, of course, the fruits of the Spirit are from the Holy Spirit in our hearts as believers.

Of course, we need to yield to the Holy Spirit for the fruits of the Spirit to become more evident, apparent in our lives.

16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Galatians 5:16

19Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like... Galatians 5:19-21

Notice that the works of the flesh also include things like hatred, contentions, outbursts of wrath and dissensions.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 John 4:18​

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear:because fear hath torment*. He that feareth is not made perfect inlove

There is no fear in walking in the Spirit....only peace and joy.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is no fear in walking in the Spirit....only peace and joy.

In Jesus Name!....Amen!!.

Plus @Debp ...we must be “ Born Again “ to walk in the Spirit.....for without the Spirit there is no life.

Just walking in self.

Reactions: Debp and amadeus

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Jesus Name!....Amen!!.

Plus @Debp ...we must be “ Born Again “ to walk in the Spirit.....for without the Spirit there is no life.

Just walking in self.
Yes, of course, we must be born again in order to walk in the Spirit.

But we need to grow spiritually...rather than just letting the flesh reign.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 John 4:18​

18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear:because fear hath torment*. He that feareth is not made perfect inlove
so now the question remains to be asked . WHY are so many fearful of death or of man .
Why are so many fearful of agendas and out of fear wont correct sin within the church .
Do we fear man , do we fear to suffer for CHRIST , do we fear to not be accepted of this generation .
Fear not man nor what comes against us . The LORD is with the lambs .
Fear not He who can kill the body but after that can do nothing . Fear He who has power to destroy both body and soul
in the lake that burneth with great fire . To fear GOD is to depart from evil . not to accept evil and call evil good . That be fear of man .
And let us not fear he who can only kill the body . Fear not society nor the dark rainbows all inclusive agenda . speak the truth
in love and correct those within the church . You all be blessed now .
I just though it nice to remind us about fear . WHO to fear and who not to fear . JESUS has conquered even death itself
so if a lamb breathes its last , WELL it simply goes HOME to the KING who saved it . THERE is no fear in those whose minds
are stayed upon the LORD . The cost is simply gonna be the cost . Fear not to lose all for JESUS sake .

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, we need to yield to the Holy Spirit for the fruits of the Spirit to become more evident, apparent in our lives.

And in order to do that... one must be a doer of God's Word not a hearer only deceiving themselves (James 1:22-25)

Jesus said the Holy Ghost would lead us in to ALL Truth (John 16:13),
and Jesus said God's Word IS Truth (John 17:17)

Romans 8:14
For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought it would be good to quote this verse again.