paul is a hypocrite right?[poll is not related to the title]

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is the bible perfect?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Yes if they did not remove some books

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stredaleve: yes the bible is perfect says the word

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Money is a necessary evil, without it you cannot survive and will be homeless, so by working to have money is not evil but to be able to have a roof over your head and pay your bills, I am not serving my money nor do I care about wealth just what I need to carry on living, my Master is God, I also help the needy when I can with that money I earn.
1 Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
1 Timothy 6:6-10
But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.:D

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you, reader,

The Bible is not perfect as in the most accurate of word translations, there is a varied variety forms: from word to word translation - to paraphrasing, the you have those who have their own interpretation the further out you go. There are many bibles that are useful for reading, there are many bibles that are useful for study. These are the Bible I have in my home: Revised Standard Version, King James Version, New King James Version, New International Version, (Use to carry a New Living Translation - a simple bible for reading mainly 6th grade level writing), Youngs Literal Translation (1898 Third Revised Edition) Most accurate as far as word for word, and a NASB1977 Thompson Chain Reference which is one of the best (no matter if it is KJV, ESV, NASB) - for use of studying the scripture.

The Bible was however inspired by God: In which men documented their life stories interacting with God ; and now you have the 66 book Holy Bible. The Bible is inspired by God

“every Writing [is] God-breathed, and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for setting aright, for instruction that [is] in righteousness, that the man of God may be fitted — for every good work having been completed.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭3:16-17‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

“this first knowing, that no prophecy of the Writing doth come of private exposition, for not by will of man did ever prophecy come, but by the Holy Spirit borne on holy men of God spake.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭1:20-21‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

In Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
can you serve two masters
God and money
Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Not at the same time. You are either in the flesh or in the spirit. In the flesh you cannot serve God in any way. While in teh spirit you cannot serve the flesh in any way. so yes, you can serve two masters, not just at the same time.

Reactions: MatthewG
Status
Not open for further replies.