Paul, says everything is yours.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 1 Corinthians chapter three, after Paul issues is grace and thankfulness to his fellow brothers and sisters in Christ to know they are still together in faith, however they have been having some issues, and Paul addresses some things with them, and then states “everything is yours.”

What would that mean for us today? I was thinking about it yesterday too, I just desired to see if anyone of you might have some insight concerning it.

”Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people.

I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in Christ. I had to feed you with milk, not with solid food, because you weren’t ready for anything stronger.

And you still aren’t ready, for you are still controlled by your sinful nature. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other.

Doesn’t that prove you are controlled by your sinful nature?

Aren’t you living like people of the world? When one of you says, “I am a follower of Paul,” and another says, “I follow Apollos,” aren’t you acting just like people of the world?

After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God’s servants through whom you believed the Good News.

Each of us did the work the Lord gave us. I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering.

What’s important is that God makes the seed grow. The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose.

And both will be rewarded for their own hard work.

For we are both God’s workers. And you are God’s field. You are God’s building.

Because of God’s grace to me, I have laid the foundation like an expert builder.

Now others are building on it. But whoever is building on this foundation must be very careful.

For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have—Jesus Christ.
Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials—gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw. But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done.

The fire will show if a person’s work has any value. If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward. But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss.

The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames. Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you? God will destroy anyone who destroys this temple.

For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple. Stop deceiving yourselves.

If you think you are wise by this world’s standards, you need to become a fool to be truly wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God.

As the Scriptures say, “He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness.”

And again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise; he knows they are worthless.”

So don’t boast about following a particular human leader.

For everything belongs to you— whether Paul or Apollos or Peter, or the world, or life and death, or the present and the future. Everything belongs to you, and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.“
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭3‬:‭1‬-‭23‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Thoughts?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Paul is talking about wisdom..

1Co 3:18
Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
1Co 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
1Co 3:20
And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
1Co 3:21
Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
1Co 3:22
Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours;
1Co 3:23
And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

If you carry over into chapter 4 Paul starts talking about the mysteries of God.

1Co 4:1
Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.

Jesus accused the Pharisees of shutting up the Kingdom of God.

Mat 23:13
But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

They were withholding the knowledge and the truth regarding the spiritual understandings of God's Kingdom.

Jesus told Nicodemus:
Jhn 3:8
The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Jhn 3:9
Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
Jhn 3:10
Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
Jhn 3:11
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
Jhn 3:12
If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

It's like when Jesus spoke in parables and the disciples asked him the meanings of them, and Jesus said:
Luk 8:10
And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Luk 8:17
For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.

These are the things Paul says belong to those who are in Christ.
It is understanding all things regarding God and his Kingdom.

Everything that is made known is not exclusive to an individual. The undestandings of the mysteries do not belong to Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas.
But everything regarding the world, or life or death or things present, or things to come...
all of this knowledge and understanding is given freely to those who ask, seek, and knock.

All is yours.

2Pe 1:19
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
2Pe 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2Pe 1:21
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The word of God is not private or priveledged information. But it is hidden to those who do not ask or seek or knock.

Luk 11:9
And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Hugs

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Cor. 3:
18 Take care that no one deceives himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, he must become foolish, so that he may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in the sight of God. For it is written: “He is the one who catches the wise by their craftiness”; 20 and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are useless.” 21 So then, no one is to be boasting in people. For all things belong to you, 22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas, or the world or life or death, or things present or things to come; all things belong to you, 23 and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.

If you recall, after Paul was knocked off his camel by Jesus, spending three days blind as a bat, Paul did not go to the Apostles to learn the gospel. Jesus taught him, Himself.

Hebrews 12:
2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

After I joined my first Christian forum site about 15 years ago, I was amazed at all the weird doctrines attached to different denominations, just like this chapter to the Corinthians boasting about their human teachers. Instead of letting Jesus' Spirit teach us like Paul did, Paul says And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. 2 I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able; 3 for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men? 4 For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?

Those were the first denominations. About ten years ago I wondered how many weird doctrines of man I was weighed down with so I prayed and asked God to wipe from my mind all doctrines of man, or even demons and to teach me Himself. Wow, He started immediately and it was phenomenal! Anyone buying hook, line and sinker the teachings of a denomination of man, stay if it is good fellowship, but pray that prayer I prayed and become literally, not just imputed, sinless, and then go on with Jesus maturing in you all the fruit of the Spirit to perfection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In 1 Corinthians chapter three, after Paul issues is grace and thankfulness to his fellow brothers and sisters in Christ to know they are still together in faith, however they have been having some issues, and Paul addresses some things with them, and then states “everything is yours.”

What would that mean for us today? I was thinking about it yesterday too, I just desired to see if anyone of you might have some insight concerning it.

Thoughts?
If we are heirs with Christ we will inherit with him.