Paul's Thorn was NOT a Sickness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rand

Sep 10, 2012
I always thought the thorn was the woman he had cast the demon out of. She bothered him for some time. The thorn in the flesh has always been mentioned in the OT referring to a person or persons (or personality). "the messenger of Satan" also tells us it is a person sent by Satan. 9 ...that the power of Christ may rest upon me. After Paul came to this revelation of 'His grace is enough," he also said that he can do all things thru Christ who gives him Strength. Note: Christ gives Paul strength. So, of course he was relieved of the thorn. God didn't just take it away, though, Paul received the grace and refused the thorn with the power Christ had given him.

as far as the eye trouble goes: Paul was just stoned to death. If he wasn't dead, he was really close. Close enough for his stonners (is that a word?) to think he was dead. Anyway, then his buddies came and stood around him (I'm sure they prayed, too) and Paul got up and walked to Galatians (what, about 60 miles?). I think this was the first time he had gone there with the gospel, and I'm sure he must have still had at least a black eye when he got there.

just a thought