Peace to the Oppressed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord Spoke to me as I was reading some psalms tonight. The following verse Jumped out off the page and spoke in such a comforting and blessed way, I Just felt the need to share it. I do not know if I can explain what he showed me, But I Hope it blesses all who read this as well. (Read the entire psalm for context)

As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness. (Psalm 17:15)

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord Spoke to me as I was reading some psalms tonight. The following verse Jumped out off the page and spoke in such a comforting and blessed way, I Just felt the need to share it. I do not know if I can explain what he showed me, But I Hope it blesses all who read this as well. (Read the entire psalm for context)

As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness. (Psalm 17:15)

here is John's expression of same which King David also knew:

1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

that is a brutally important statement. because its by revelation we not only know the Lord and know that He is and grow in Him, but also are fulfilled in the Life He gave us in His full revelation to us.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here is John's expression of same which King David also knew:

1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

that is a brutally important statement. because its by revelation we not only know the Lord and know that He is and grow in Him, but also are fulfilled in the Life He gave us in His full revelation to us.

Thanks,
I Have gone through some serious trials the past few weeks, My Health is failing me, I was hospitalized for over a week..... These words helped me to see beyond those problems to the glory that awaits us, and all those who are oppressed and feel like their whole world is falling apart. The comfort and blessing these word brought me are for all who are in Christ Jesus. It is really hard to explain with words the depth of the blessing these words have given me in this trying time, and the trials I will face.... But I know he is there, and He is with me.

Sometimes you can read a verse a hundred times and then one day that verse comes alive and you see the Power behind the Word of God.

Reactions: Wynona

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks,
I Have gone through some serious trials the past few weeks, My Health is failing me, I was hospitalized for over a week..... These words helped me to see beyond those problems to the glory that awaits us, and all those who are oppressed and feel like their whole world is falling apart. The comfort and blessing these word brought me are for all who are in Christ Jesus. It is really hard to explain with words the depth of the blessing these words have given me in this trying time, and the trials I will face.... But I know he is there, and He is with me.

Sometimes you can read a verse a hundred times and then one day that verse comes alive and you see the Power behind the Word of God.
amen to that

that it He is with you, and as long as you are with Him you've got nothing to worry about. of course we see that at the other end that we had nothing to worry about. its been my experience that the Lord can get you through any arduous journey.

there's a saying that the Lord won't put you through anything you can't handle, na, that's a lie. the whole point for us, is you won't get through it without Him.

Psa_18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Reactions: David H. and Nancy