Pedophiles - it's not their fault

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he never offended than he wouldn’t be a pedophile, because he never would’ve touched a child.
i believe someone is a pedophile when they think of touching a child even if they had never acted on it. Jesus treats adultery the same because someone can do it in their heart.

Reactions: JohnPaul

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to note that many paedophiles were themselves abused as children. It might be appropriate to hate the sin, but love the sinner, and do what we can to restore them to a wholesome way of being.

Best wishes, 2RM.
people have a choice to heal and not offend.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do we "re-form" the mind of someone who becomes sexually aroused at the sight or thought of a child?

If my Malinois bites someone whom she perceived as a threat to me, there are city ordinances in some states that require her to be put down.

If a Pedophile who victimized numerous children gets out of prison, while they do have to register with local government as a sexual predator, and inform their neighbors, they're still entitled to live in our neighborhoods where our children are. And because they've paid their debt to society.
While still a Pedophile, now free in our community. And for as long as they live remain a threat to children.

The world is going crazy.
i think of the joshua duggar situation. his family wanted him rehabilitated. he was sent to a program which probably had a lot of survivors of abuse perhaps. he has reoffended. i feel like there could only be hope if they opened up about their urges before they acted on it but i doubt that will ever happen :(