Pentecost - Was it the birthday of the church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend(s):

IF it was, why don't we (as some try to) "use it as model" for the current
church, Or, Did God "Change Dispensations" from law To GRACE, Thus

Disabling that model?:​

Pentecost - Was it the birthday of the church? (Part I)
Pentecost - Was it the birthday of the church? (Part II)

GRACE And Peace...

View attachment 23406 View attachment 23405

The Day of Pentecost is the anniversary of the First Covenant to the Jews. Exodus 34:28, the giving of the Ten Commandments. We are now under a New Covenant of Grace, and the laws of God are now written on our hearts rather than engraved in stone. Instead of keeping the letter of the law, we keep the Spirit of the Law. 2 Corinthians 3:6-11.

For instance instead of keeping a physical day holy as in the letter of the law, we abide in Jesus and He in us. He is the Lord of the Sabbath and we rest in Him. It is a completely new concept, but some choose the letter of the law and cannot fathom what abiding in Jesus even means. And then others like both abiding in Jesus and keeping the 7th day Sabbath. And then there are those who unscripturally make Sunday the letter of the law. Whatever you do, do it in faith and obey your conscience.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precious friend(s):

church, Or, Did God "Change Dispensations" from law To GRACE, Thus

Disabling that model?:​

Pentecost - Was it the birthday of the church? (Part I)
Pentecost - Was it the birthday of the church? (Part II)

GRACE And Peace...

View attachment 23406 View attachment 23405

Sort of maam, God had people way before that day in 33:CE, what is was actually is the start of the new covenant, the birth of Christianity.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
church, Or, Did God "Change Dispensations" from law To GRACE
Neither.
What I was on my day of birth isn't the model for the rest of my life, so why should it be so for the Church?
There's a continuity, however, between the Church then and the Church now. The same Holy Spirit empowers us. How He chooses to manifest His power is up to Him, of course.

Reactions: ScottA