Pentecostalism: The Glorification of the Flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One error is that in the Bible the words "predestination" and "elect" don't insure salvation. After all, Judas was "predestinated." And in Isaiah all the Jews were God's "elect."
The only one predestinated by God was Jesus Christ, he was predestinated to be the savior of the world. The Jews were predestinated to be the orators of God's word.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's delve into your perspective, drawing insights from John Calvin's "Institutes of the Christian Religion" and considering the your follower, Jacobus Arminius's viewpoint.

Quoting Calvin on predestination: In Institutes, Book 3, Chapter 21, Section 5, Calvin addresses predestination, stating, "Predestination, by which God adopts some to the hope of life and adjudges others to eternal death, no one desirous of the credit of piety, dares absolutely to deny."

Biblical support for predestination: Romans 8:29-30 provides biblical support for predestination, "For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified."

Jesus Christ as the Savior: While your viewpoint emphasizes Jesus Christ as the predestined Savior, Calvinists assert that God, in His sovereignty, predestines individuals for salvation. Ephesians 1:4-5 is often cited in this context, "even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ."

Your perspective on election: Arminians, contrasting Calvinism, emphasize conditional election based on God's foreknowledge of individual responses to grace. You argue that God predestines based on foreseeing faith rather than unconditionally.

Addressing your viewpoint: Your follower, Jacobus Arminius's perspective aligns with the idea that predestination is based on God's knowledge of human choices. Both views grapple with the mystery of God's sovereignty and human responsibility.

Robert Pate, these theological discussions are too profound for you to understand, and sincere believers may find themselves aligning with different perspectives. The comparison presented here aims to highlight the diversity of thought within Christianity on matters of predestination and election.
None of the scriptures that you quoted supports Calvinism.

The "us" in Ephesians1:4 is everyone. God chose all of humanity in Jesus Christ. You missed that. You missed the fact that God loves the world, John 3:16. and does not want any to perish, 2 Peter 3:9. You are as hell bound as they come.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only one predestinated by God was Jesus Christ, he was predestinated to be the savior of the world. The Jews were predestinated to be the orators of God's word.
Ephesians 1 shows the apostles were also predestined. And Ephesians 4 shows offices that were also predestined. Many are called, few are CHOSEN.

cc: @BarneyFife :waves:

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So called limited atonement is false... here some verses that demonstrate that...

Romans 8:29,30
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Ephesians 5:1
Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children

Romans 1:19-21
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Titus 2:11,12
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

• Love
Reactions: Wynona

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So called limited atonement is false... here some verses that demonstrate that...

Romans 8:29,30
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Ephesians 5:1
Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children

Romans 1:19-21
Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Titus 2:11,12
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Acts 17:30
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

John 12:32
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Hebrews 2:9
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Good show. You have used scripture to refute the demonic religion of Calvinism.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lady in my church speaking in tongues... I wouldn't try that anywhere!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually she is out of line... in a public setting tongues are only supposed to be used when there is an interpreter present.

Otherwise, nobody knows what is being said. The scripture gives instructions on this...
Yea, but how is she going to impress everyone with her superior spirituality?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Two Trumpets of a Worship Service...

And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Make thee two trumpets of silver; of a whole piece shalt thou make them: that thou mayest use them for the calling of the assembly, and for the journeying of the camps. And when they shall blow with them, all the assembly shall assemble themselves to thee at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.- Numbers 10:1-3

Two Trumpets -

1. The Worship - For the calling of the assembly
2. The Word - For the journeying of the camps

In this day and time I would recommend any denomination approved by this Christian web site... However... I would want to know two things...

1. The Worship - Does the church have a good worship leader?
2. The Word - Does the church have a good Senior Pastor?

I also enjoy Church of God (Cleveland Tn) Worship services where some old guy last night actually fell out in the Spirit. Towards the end of the service he got up and was helped back weeping as he went. A RW Schambach sermon on the importance of the Worship and the Word...

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah, then there's that... showing off!

The church I went to back in the day with the 2 lady pastors... they used to do this all the time, speak in tongues with no interpretation and it was like a circus side show with them bouncing around on stage.

All the church members thought they were so "anointed" and constantly reminded everyone to "touch not God's anointed" as the entire church was like a cult where the lady pastors could do NO wrong!

Most people in the church, if they had a problem they would schedule an appointment with the lady "pastors" to get "counseling" to get the Lord's leading on how they should handle their problem.

I knew that if I ever went to church and they wanted to serve kool-aid... they would be pulling a Jim Jones on everyone and just like the people that followed Jim Jones... most of the people in this church would drink the kool-aid no questions asked.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, folks, it seems we've stumbled upon a theological tango, and Pate and 1stCenturyLady are dancing to the beat of predestination. Now, Pate kicked off the dance, suggesting Jesus was the solo predestined star, destined to be the world's savior. Quite the divine debut, I must say!

But hold on, 1stCenturyLady swirled into the conversation, pointing to Ephesians 1 like a maestro waving her theological baton. She's got her eyes on the apostles, claiming they too joined the predestined party. And then, she pulled out Ephesians 4, unveiling predestined offices like a theological magician revealing her cards. Many are called, few are chosen – it's like the VIP section of predestination.

Now, Pate, it seems 1stCenturyLady's got a playlist of verses, and she's spinning them like DJ Calvinist. Are the apostles and offices sharing the predestination spotlight with Jesus? Well, that's a divine dance-off for the ages! So, let the theological tango continue, and may the predestined beats guide us through this divine disco. Keep your dance shoes on, folks!
having predestined US

The question is: who is US

Paul answers that question by revealing "that we who
first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory."

It's right in front of your nose. The answer is the apostles of whom Paul is one. Simple.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, then there's that... showing off!

The church I went to back in the day with the 2 lady pastors... they used to do this all the time, speak in tongues with no interpretation and it was like a circus side show with them bouncing around on stage.

All the church members thought they were so "anointed" and constantly reminded everyone to "touch not God's anointed" as the entire church was like a cult where the lady pastors could do NO wrong!

Most people in the church, if they had a problem they would schedule an appointment with the lady "pastors" to get "counseling" to get the Lord's leading on how they should handle their problem.

I knew that if I ever went to church and they wanted to serve kool-aid... they would be pulling a Jim Jones on everyone and just like the people that followed Jim Jones... most of the people in this church would drink the kool-aid no questions asked.
Jim Jones was an excellent example of Satanic leading. It was the high light of his Satanic reign. The kool-aid comes in many different forms.

T

Tulipbee

having predestined US

The question is: who is US

Paul answers that question by revealing "that we who
first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory."

It's right in front of your nose. Simple.
1stCenturyLady, welcome to the divine dance floor where predestination waltzes its way into the spotlight! Now, you've gracefully pointed out that Paul spills the theological beans on "us" in Ephesians, hinting at those who first trusted in Christ. It's like a divine reveal, right?
Let's consult the maestro himself, John Calvin, who might as well be spinning the theological turntables. According to Calvin, predestination isn't just a solo act with Jesus as the star; it's a grand ensemble, and "us" includes those handpicked to trust in Christ, performing to the praise of His glory. It's a divine dance party, and "us" is part of the choreography.
Now, about those terms like "world," "all," "whosoever," "whomever," and "us" – it's like decoding the dance steps of divine language. Calvin would argue that these terms, in the grand theological tango, carry a specific meaning. "Us" isn't a random selection; it's a chosen few, handpicked for the dance floor.
So, in this divine disco, let's keep grooving through the verses and unraveling the predestined beats. DJ Calvinist would be proud of this theological playlist, wouldn't you say? Dance on, 1stCenturyLady!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ephesians 1 shows the apostles were also predestined. And Ephesians 4 shows offices that were also predestined. Many are called, few are CHOSEN.

cc: @BarneyFife :waves:
So, you want to believe that God predestinates some to heaven and some to hell. What are you going to believe about the scripture that says, "God is no respecter of anyone's persons" Acts 10:34.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Even if she were out of line as was stated, but why do you presume she had a negative ulterior motive? Do you know her personally or has God given you a revelation of what is in her heart?

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, well, looks like we've got a scriptural showdown on our hands! Pate, you've thrown Acts 10:34 into the ring like a theological gauntlet. Let's break it down with a sprinkle of Calvinistic comedy:

Acts 10:34, the verse that declares, "God is no respecter of persons." Now, I can almost hear the drumroll of anticipation. But hold on to your theological hats, folks!

You see, Acts 10:34 isn't a trump card against predestination. It's more like a backstage pass to the divine concert. Picture this: God, the ultimate concert organizer, isn't swayed by VIP status. He doesn't play favorites like a celestial celebrity. But, and here's the kicker, that doesn't mean everyone gets a solo in the predestined choir.

In the grand theological symphony, God's sovereignty conducts the orchestra, and predestination is the divine composition. It's not about picking favorites; it's about the divine score playing out according to God's master plan.

So, Pate, Acts 10:34 is like a backstage glimpse into God's impartiality, but it doesn't dim the spotlight on predestination. The divine concert continues, and we're all part of the cosmic performance, whether in the balcony or the front row! ✨
Not only is it a trump card against predestination. It is a thoroughly and completely denial of predestination. Your predestination doctrine has just sunk your ship, bow first, into the waters of your contaminated doctrine of Calvinism. "God is no respecter of anyone's person" Means just what it says. You need to take your deflated ball and go home. The game is over and you lost.