people not believing that Jesus died for them

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
How are your scales? Your good deeds compared to bad deeds? Are you on your way to hell or heaven and how do you know? Have you repented your sins enough straight to God , when we take Jesus out of the picture? How do you know that you have repented enough? You might sin against God even without you realising it. And when you've repented one sin, there comes another one soon after... all day long... bad thoughts etc. Have you sacrifice your lamb to God for your sins as in old Testament time? God is so Holy, He hates sin. And we will all be sinners until we die. And because God does not accept any sin,we can't get to heaven at all... unless God did something for us. How do you know ,you are good enough to go to heaven? Are you sure, you're going to heaven with your deeds,only... the scales, are they going to save you? The Bible says that there is only one way to God and that is through Jesus. John 3:16 For God SO loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. Jesus was the only sinless one, even Muhammed sinned. Quran/ 19:19; 3:36 Jesus without sin. Ricky, Could you answer to that question,please? This is about your salvation, we are talking about !!!!

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(Thunder1;28558)
How are your scales? Your good deeds compared to bad deeds? Are you on your way to hell or heaven and how do you know? Have you repented your sins enough straight to God , when we take Jesus out of the picture? How do you know that you have repented enough? You might sin against God even without you realising it. And when you've repented one sin, there comes another one soon after... all day long... bad thoughts etc. Have you sacrifice your lamb to God for your sins as in old Testament time? God is so Holy, He hates sin. And we will all be sinners until we die. And because God does not accept any sin,we can't get to heaven at all... unless God did something for us. How do you know ,you are good enough to go to heaven? Are you sure, you're going to heaven with your deeds,only... the scales, are they going to save you? The Bible says that there is only one way to God and that is through Jesus. John 3:16 For God SO loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. Jesus was the only sinless one, even Muhammed sinned. Quran/ 19:19; 3:36 Jesus without sin. Ricky, Could you answer to that question,please? This is about your salvation, we are talking about !!!!
Whether or not you go to heaven has nothing whatsoever to do with how many good deeds you do since we are saved "by grace through faith---not by works." Ephesians 2:8,9.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Amen, Brother! John-Marc, I totally agree with you. That question is just to ask from those people, who think they don't need Jesus between God and them to be saved.

Simple

Jan 21, 2008
Peace be upon youIt is true and also my belief (which I take from Islam) that a person's faith is of primary importance. Unless our faith is right, our deeds may hold little or no value. Although unfortunately, I havn't quite understood how and why Jeasus died for our sins. But I do welcome any piece of advice or clarification of the ideology.Be blessed

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Simple;Peace be upon youSimple:It is true and also my belief (which I take from Islam) that a person's faith is of primary importance. Unless our faith is right, our deeds may hold little or no value. Although unfortunately,I havn't quite understood ....But I do welcome any piece of advice or clarification of the ideology.Simple:.... how and why Jeasus died for our sins. Be blessedThunder1:how:He died on the cross,was crucified.why:For the sins of all humankind. That people could be saved from eternal hell and they would be able to get to heaven. So that people would be able have relationship with the Living God.God Bless:Thunder1

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
I thank God that His forgiveness and cleansing is ETERNAL just like the life He gives. If I am given ETERNAL life when I'm saved, how can it be called eternal if I can lose it? That's only temporary life until the next time you sin, which is something we do every day--often without even knowing it. If I speed while driving, I've sinned. If I say ANYTHING that is not true, I've sinned. If I eat a grape in the store without paying for it, I've sinned; in fact, I've stolen! There are SO many little things we can do and lose our salvation if that were possible. I thank God that it ISN'T possible. I am saved ETERNALLY!Do I sin? Yes, unfortunately, I do, for anyone who claims to be without is a liar--God says so in 1 John 1:10. However, there is a difference in an occasional sin that we confess to God (and is forgiven and forgotten by Him) and LIVING habitually in sin all the time. As a child of God, I have a way of escape and can avoid sin. Also, having been saved for nearly 45 years, sin doesn't have the reign over me that it once did. However, I have to be careful not to become prideful and think that it's me keeping myself from sin, for all my strength comes from God. My adversary, the devil, is seeking all the time to ensnare me in sin--as he does with all who profess to know Jesus Christ. He cannot get our souls (for they belong to God), but he can cause us to be ineffective for God and to be defeated if we give in to sin. He had my soul and lost it when I gave it to Jesus Christ, and he will never get it back! Thank God!The holy Spirit dwells in me; I am in Christ, and He is in the Father! How secure is THAT!? Satan would have to overpower God the Father and Son and THEN cast the Holy Spirit out of me to get me back, and that is just NOT going to happen! I thank God that I don't have to depend on myself to get to heaven on my own merits, for I would be in serious trouble. I'm not good enough and can't be good enough since God demands absolute PERFECTION! He said that our righteousnesses are as FILTHY RAGS! He has provided the necessary righteousness through His Son Jesus Christ!

Garbage Man

Feb 7, 2008
(Thunder1;28558)
I genuinely do not understand the idea that Jesus "died for our sins". What exactly does that mean? I understand the words but put together and in that context I don't get it. How does God putting a piece of himself into human form, and then allowing that human body to die a violent and suffering death, affect anything about everyone's sins? What does one have to do with the other?As I understand it, Jesus did not really "die", right? He resurrected, then spent 40 days in the desert rebuking Satan, then rose bodily into heaven, where he still sits to this day. And, being a segment of God, he knew this would happen - unlike humans, he didn't have to rely on faith. Unlike humans, there was no "risk" to his behavior, because we as humans cannot truly "know" that God or heaven exist; that's what "faith" means.So why are we to glorify his temporary physical suffering, and at the same time remain strong in the face of our own worldy/physical ailments?

desertdude

Jan 23, 2008
I've asked a quite a few chirstians on this topic as how first of god can die and how this saves us . The best answer and a few basically along the same lines are that jesus human form was like when we wear clothes and when he was killed on the cross he merely slipped out of the human clothes . But I questions God is almighty right I'm sure u'all agree with me on that and according to you is no big deal for him to incarnate into human form right.The way I look at this is kinda like cheating cuz for god it's no mean feat to incarnate into human form die then resurrect even a million times .So where's the sacrifice in this . Its like a rich man with many coats puts one of his many coats into a fire and says I did this to save you.Did it make a big diffrence to him that he lost one of his many coats .No.So where's the sacrifice. And yes I agree we are all sinners and god knows this better than anybody ,My logic sides with my faith where there are more ways to recieve blessing than there are to sin .And the chirstian logic of 1 sin and 1 good deed =still 1 sin and one good deed seems less forgiving than that of Islam 1sin + 1 good deed =1 good deed..In fact Islam teaches us even small acts which we dont consider as good deeds are counted as many good deeds and wash away our minor sins like mentioned earlier of driving fast being rude to someone etc etc .Acts like even smiling at someone is considered a good deed,a kind look to ur mother even,when you feed your family that is also consider a good deed. God does not require a pound of flesh like shylock he forgives you for his own sake .Does not require Blood Attonement .God is compassionate,mercifull and understanding .

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(desertdude;34541)
I've asked a quite a few chirstians on this topic as how first of god can die and how this saves us . The best answer and a few basically along the same lines are that jesus human form was like when we wear clothes and when he was killed on the cross he merely slipped out of the human clothes . But I questions God is almighty right I'm sure u'all agree with me on that and according to you is no big deal for him to incarnate into human form right.The way I look at this is kinda like cheating cuz for god it's no mean feat to incarnate into human form die then resurrect even a million times .So where's the sacrifice in this . Its like a rich man with many coats puts one of his many coats into a fire and says I did this to save you.Did it make a big diffrence to him that he lost one of his many coats .No.So where's the sacrifice. And yes I agree we are all sinners and god knows this better than anybody ,My logic sides with my faith where there are more ways to recieve blessing than there are to sin .And the chirstian logic of 1 sin and 1 good deed =still 1 sin and one good deed seems less forgiving than that of Islam 1sin + 1 good deed =1 good deed..In fact Islam teaches us even small acts which we dont consider as good deeds are counted as many good deeds and wash away our minor sins like mentioned earlier of driving fast being rude to someone etc etc .Acts like even smiling at someone is considered a good deed,a kind look to ur mother even,when you feed your family that is also consider a good deed. God does not require a pound of flesh like shylock he forgives you for his own sake .Does not require Blood Attonement .God is compassionate,mercifull and understanding .
Hebrews 2:9 - But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.I Corinthians 15:4 - And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:As for "doing" good deed, our works does not save us at all...Romans 11:6 - And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.Jag

FollowChrist

Dec 21, 2007
(Simple;32213)
Peace be upon youIt is true and also my belief (which I take from Islam) that a person's faith is of primary importance. Unless our faith is right, our deeds may hold little or no value.
So one can murder and torture another person but as long as he or she has "faith" it's okay.......it's not so important?

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Garbage Man:I genuinely do not understand the idea that Jesus "died for our sins". What exactly does that mean?Thunder1: Garbage man, have you ever sinned... lied, thought bad thoughts, been rude to someone,stolen for example ? Don't have to tell me what exactly, but have you ever done wrong things ?

bytheway

Jan 1, 2008
Jesus didn't only die for us, but as us! As to the confusion surrounding faith for so many, faith is spiritual understanding. Perception. Insight. As touching (mat. 18:19). Comming into contact with Him in His world. The eternal dimension.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Garbage Man:I genuinely do not understand the idea that Jesus "died for our sins". What exactly does that mean? I understand the words but put together and in that context I don't get it. How does God putting a piece of himself into human form, and then allowing that human body to die a violent and suffering death, affect anything about everyone's sins?Thunder1:Can you yourself do something to wipe away YOUR sins,past, now and future ones ?

Garbage Man

Feb 7, 2008
(FollowChrist;34633)
So one can murder and torture another person but as long as he or she has "faith" it's okay.......it's not so important?
Actually, I was just about to ask that of this fellow:(thesuperjag;34570)
As for "doing" good deed, our works does not save us at all...
So if good works count for nothing, what's the point? Is it true then that so long as I truly believe that faith in Jesus is the only path to salvation, I can do whatever I want here on Earth? Lie, cheat, steal, torture, murder, it's all fine if I believe in Jesus?(Thunder1;34639)
Garbage man, have you ever sinned... lied, thought bad thoughts, been rude to someone,stolen for example ? Don't have to tell me what exactly, but have you ever done wrong things ?
Of course I have, same as everyone. I would probably be fairly open about it too, because I think that honest admission of a bad thing is helpful in growing from it. These days I look at something and ask myself if I would be ashamed to admit to it afterward, and if the answer is yes I try to avoid it, but that doesn't mean I won't still do wrong things until the day I die, and when I do something wrong and later catch myself, I do try to find a way to apologize or make restitution. And even in that I won't always succeed.But my question remains: What does the temporary earthly sacrifice of Jesus' body have to do with my sins and crimes? Where is the connection? How does my belief that a piece of God in human form died a violent death affect the outcome of my own actions? That's like saying "if A = B, then Z = true". Z can't be accounted for, because it isn't specified at all in the first part of the statement. Please explain for me.(desertdude;34541)
But I questions God is almighty right I'm sure u'all agree with me on that and according to you is no big deal for him to incarnate into human form right.The way I look at this is kinda like cheating cuz for god it's no mean feat to incarnate into human form die then resurrect even a million times .So where's the sacrifice in this .
My thoughts exactly. For an infinite being, how can sacrifice even exist?(Wakka;34662)
For God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten son.
First, as God is infinite and omnipotent, there is no action or decision on his part that could take more than 0% of his effort, ability, time, or resources. He could have as many sons as he wanted to; a human man who sacrificed his only son could not simply will another son into existence.Secondly, aren't we all God's children?

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
(Simple;32213)
Peace be upon youIt is true and also my belief (which I take from Islam) that a person's faith is of primary importance. Unless our faith is right, our deeds may hold little or no value. Although unfortunately, I havn't quite understood how and why Jeasus died for our sins. But I do welcome any piece of advice or clarification of the ideology.Be blessed
First, He set us an example of what kind of life we ought to live. Second, by His sacrificialdeath, He became a perfect mediator between God and man, He knows exactly how it feels to be human, He is able to show mercy and compassion, not that the Father cannot do the same but that He was made a high priest and all authority and judgment has been given to Him. Through the mercyof our Lord Jesus sins are forgiven.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Garbage Man: So if good works count for nothing, what's the point? Is it true then that so long as I truly believe that faith in Jesus is the only path to salvation, I can do whatever I want here on Earth? Lie, cheat, steal, torture, murder, it's all fine if I believe in Jesus?Thunder1:Good works count, but they are fruit of that God saved us FIRST THROUGH JESUS CHRIST, OUR ONLY SAVIOUR FROM HELL to HEAVEN. I want to do good because GOD LOVED ME FIRST. I believe you already know it Garbage Man.

Garbage Man

Feb 7, 2008
(Thunder1;34680)
Good works count, but they are fruit of that God saved us FIRST THROUGH JESUS CHRIST, OUR ONLY SAVIOUR FROM HELL to HEAVEN. I want to do good because GOD LOVED ME FIRST. I believe you already know it Garbage Man.
If good works count not for salvation, what for exactly? And is any part of your desire to do good because you want to make peoples' lives better, alleviate suffering? Or do others matter to you at all? I realize I can't really find a way to word my question without sounding flippant, so I don't mean offense, but I assure you every question I ask is serious.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
Garbage Man :Of course I have, same as everyone. I would probably be fairly open about it too, because I think that honest admission of a bad thing is helpful in growing from it. These days I look at something and ask myself if I would be ashamed to admit to it afterward, and if the answer is yes I try to avoid it, but that doesn't mean I won't still do wrong things until the day I die, and when I do something wrong and later catch myself, I do try to find a way to apologize or make restitution. And even in that I won't always succeed.Thunder1:You are right about that. I believe same way. We still do sin until the day we die,even... so what then ??... God is so holy and He does not accept us, does not matter how hard we try to do good and our best... even our best is wilthy rags to Him... and when we don't succeed, what then... are we doomed to hell ??? What do you say ?

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(Garbage Man;34682)
If good works count not for salvation, what for exactly? And is any part of your desire to do good because you want to make peoples' lives better, alleviate suffering? Or do others matter to you at all? I realize I can't really find a way to word my question without sounding flippant, so I don't mean offense, but I assure you every question I ask is serious.
Thunder1:God has already given His salvation to us as a gift, why wouldn't I want to please and love Him and people. And it's not only salvation that He has given to us... there is much more. Yes I would like to try help people with my weaknesses and all.