People Who Depend Upon Their Commitment to Christ Will Not Be Saved.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gregory

Jan 8, 2021
utah
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is given to those whom the Father had given to the Son.

So those millions that are given by the Father to the Son are saved in heaven by the Father and the Son.

And those billions that are not given by the Father to the Son are damned to hell by the Father and the Son.

Is that how it works?

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
So those millions that are given by the Father to the Son are saved in heaven by the Father and the Son.

And those billions that are not given by the Father to the Son are damned to hell by the Father and the Son.

Is that how it works?
Jesus said “All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, andthe one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.”

Jesus said “No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day. ”

Jesus said “no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.

Jesus said “He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

Jesus said “ Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

Tong
R4232

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In fact, trying to make Jesus Lord of one's life has nothing to do with eternal salvation.
FALSE. See Romans 16:30,31. Paul was careful to say "LORD Jesus Christ", not just "Jesus". Then go to Romans chapter 10 for further enlightenment.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Salvation is the reward for being obedient. It is not something that is given at the beginning of a Christian's journey.
Salvation is of God, by God, and by grace. It is not a reward or a wage that one could work for and earn.

Tong
R4233

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
From the Judgement of God.

Salvation is given only to those who trust entirely on the work of Christ. Trust and Faith in Christ can occur only when one is broken in sin before God. Discipleship and Sanctification here on Earth does not merit eternal life.

Not understanding your OP ,what do you mean by salvation ?

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Scripture shows God drawing any individual to Him, only that He draws the Church into its inheritance. Decision for life in Christ is entirely at the choice of the individual. The exceptions are Prophets who were filled in the womb with the Holy Spirit
The Bible shows how presumptuous this argument is:

You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you...If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you." - Jhn 15:16, 19

“Yet I have reserved seven thousand in Israel, all whose knees have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him.” - 1 Kin. 19:18

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day...And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.” - Jhn. 6:44, 65

"Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God." - Rom. 1:1

"among whom you also are the called of Jesus Christ; To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints:" - Rom. 1:6-7

"Jude, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to those who are called, sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ:" - Jude 1

"Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us. She was a seller of purple from the city of Thyatira, who worshiped God. The Lord opened her heart to heed the things spoken by Paul."
- Acts 16:14

There are plenty of other passages that say convey the same message, but the point is this: God's true followers don't "choose Him", and they have never "chosen Him". They are drafted to serve God in the same way a person is drafted into military service.
Salvation is of God, by God, and by grace. It is not a reward or a wage that one could work for and earn.

Tong
R4233
In no way did i ever say salvation was something somebody can earn. However, salvation being a gift doesn't mean a person doesn't have to qualify for it either. That's what you obviously don't understand. If a billionaire stood 10 people in line and told them they would get a million dollars for raising their hand, it wouldn't mean the 1 million dollars stopped being a gift to whoever complied and raised their hand. It only means those people received the cash reward because they followed the billionaire's instructions.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
In no way did i ever say salvation was something somebody can earn. However, salvation being a gift doesn't mean a person doesn't have to qualify for it either. That's what you obviously don't understand. If a billionaire stood 10 people in line and told them they would get a million dollars for raising their hand, it wouldn't mean the 1 million dollars stopped being a gift to whoever complied and raised their hand. It only means those people received the cash reward because they followed the billionaire's instructions.

But did you not say “Salvation is the reward for being obedient.”

Unless you meant something else by “reward”.

Tong
R4299