Pepe Le Pew Gets Cancelled

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cartoons are written and illustrated by adults....
The target audience is children....
The subliminal message is that evil is not as bad as it looks...adding humor and even allowing the villain have a victory now and then.
I watched Mrs. Doubtfire years ago and he got fired from his job for not following the script of his cartoon character...who was smoking a cigarette....instead he started coughing and gagging and saying the cigarettes were bad and killing him....

Now this is a fictional movie but what a profound truth in that scene....he refused to promote cigarettes to kids.

I loved Mrs. Doubtfire!!! :D Anyways, standing up for what's right and getting convicted for it isn't anything new. Just look what they did to Jesus even though He always preached the truth. :( Yet He put up with it for us out of love. :)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I loved Mrs. Doubtfire!!! :D Anyways, standing up for what's right and getting convicted for it isn't anything new. Just look what they did to Jesus even though He always preached the truth. :( Yet He put up with it for us out of love. :)
My point is that he knew his audience would be kids....and seeing a character smoking is like saying hey it's cool to smoke.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is that he knew his audience would be kids....and seeing a character smoking is like saying hey it's cool to smoke.

Yeah,.. but that's sort of how things were back then. People were uneducated. Now we've gone from that to crying over Dr. Seuss and Mr. Potato Head. My,.. how things have changed lol

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A new victim to report: Prince Charming! He's the guy who saved Snow White. Apparently, that kiss he gave her that broke the sleeping curse was without her consent. Never mind that it was a kiss of true love, but little Miss Snow White was drugged and the dastardly Prince Charming had no permission to kiss her!

What about CPR? Its lip to lip... Do we have to get permission for that? He friggin saved her life, not to mention it is a cartoon and not real! This is a real thing, by the way... Google it if you want.
What is it with people who come up with such nonsense claiming or making out that he had no right to kiss her like, don't they understand what the story is truly all about, what is it ? are they suffering from some condition or being conditioned or are they much like the Good Doctor on that TV show.
The good doctor comes to see his patient sits down on the bed and says, in his voice ? You, are going, to die ! eventually. with the remoteness of a robot. I had a bloke claim that his kid who was one of them, claimed that his Son was an advancement of man and they were the future of a superior people, just that society did not know such yet ? this bloke was a full on lefty I may add. I was like ok a Nazi like people with deranged concepts and illogical feelings, or lets say maybe Hitler was one of such as them. I would not be at all surprised !

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah,.. but that's sort of how things were back then. People were uneducated. Now we've gone from that to crying over Dr. Seuss and Mr. Potato Head. My,.. how things have changed lol
I have heard such claims that all people were stupid that have gone before this generation, that's not true at all, nowadays this generation is illogical, but generations before were not illogical, they could no afford to be so ignorant.
Just because people have information at hand with a device, they feel advanced. but it's not so in reality because this form of base has no foundations applied, so they lack the founding concepts. it's like cheating for answers, just to look smart in front of other such idiots.

I have such people that I have pointed out something too and they run away around a corner and look up the subject and then come back to me and say, you know what you were right about what you were talking about. and I may say if I did not understand what I was talking about I would of said so.

I pointed out once about that KFC once had a big bucket outside that used to spin around and when the era came that they stoped the bucket from spinning that was when KFC became 2ed rate junk food. my brothers young son pointed this out to me years later thinking that it had only to do with the bucket spinning and laughing about such that I had said when he was 13yo and then said this to me when he was 17yo, no I said it was all to do with when the cost cutting came into it, you see we would drive 100 miles away to get KFC and it was good food back in them days, not to mention that when the dude first made KFC it was a real restaurant and when he sold such, they cut corners as to the product to make it fast food and then they sold out again to more morons and they cut corners again to cheapen the product and then again and again. so now we get chook that I believe is not fresh, and just battery hens that maybe frozen for 3 years and not to mention greasy badly cooked and some times with half the spices missing and I could go on.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The famous French cartoon is getting cancelled for promoting rape.

Apparently the skunk is just too wanton in grabbing any cat that looks like a skunk and kiss her....which Women Activists claim supports teaching children to become adult rapists forcing themselves upon unsuspecting women.

So the French Skunk is now in the process of being banned.

Nevermind the too numerous times to count when the female cat grabbed the unwilling skunk and kissed him as well.

But apparently it teaches children to become rapists.

Well that just plain stinks!

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I loved that movie too. Hard to believe Robin is gone.:( God's peace surround him and his family, friends, and fans.

Reactions: April_Rose